Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, anyone who's played some madden understands what this question is about... probably the most mentioned annoyance of the games through the years, Franchise Mode forcing the verterans to retire so fast. I understand the newest titles on PS4 or Xbox 1 might allow you to adjust players age... the older versions I haven't found a way to edit that.

I'm currently playing a few of the older versions of Madden (PS3 Madden 25, and PS3 Madden 16)... did anyone ever find a way to "work" around how the franchise modes would always retire Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brees, ect... sometimes after just one season of playing?

I have seen a few things around the net where it said if you change or adjust their positions going into the offseason it gives them a chance to play longer...

I haven't really found much to go on, thought I'd ask a few people here who have played any of these titles through the years.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
I have never found a way to stop players from retiring, the way madden does it is dumb. You have players that retire at 39 or 40 but are still rated in the 90s, like Brady.

If the player has a good season in the game they shouldn't retire and once they hit a certain age let their ratings start to drop until they have to retire. I thought about editing their age but like you said you cant.

At least in this years version of Madden Brady will stick around for a couple of years, but that is probably because he is on the cover lol

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
Better to retire when you're still on top? It's your decision to retire and not because your body is telling you to.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for your thoughts, I guess there’s no way to work around it. I’ve read a few thing that suggest playing around with changing a players position leading into an offseason or “contract” season... but I haven’t had the chance to play around with it just yet.

Oh well, it’s still fun either way... just would like to see a little more control over the little things like that haha. Considering all the other levels of customization there are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts