Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Macho Man Randy Savage is one of those legends that does well as both a face and a heel. During his run in the WWF he had 2 runs as each.

• 1st Heel Run: 1985-1987. Debut, Intercontinental Champion, Feud with Ricky Steamboat.
  • 1st Face Run: 1987-1989. WWF Champion, Mega Powers.
  • 2nd Heel Run: 1989-1991. Feud with Hogan, Macho King, Sensational Sherri, Feud with Warrior.
  • 2nd Face Run: 1991-1994. Reunion with Elizabeth, Reinstatement, Feud with Jake, Feud with Flair, WWF Champion.
Which WWF run do you think was his best babyface run and which WWF run do you think was his best heel run?

·
The Babyface of WF
14,188 Posts
He became my second Favorite after Hogan during his first Face run when I watched him win the WWF Championship at WM4, I had to backtrack since I wasn't born then but I really appreciated his work especially his more unorthodox Charisma which I prefer a little more oddity to how one exudes such natural charm.

Heel run? Probably second but I prefer Babyface Macho Man.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I loved his babyface run in 1991-1992. His feud with Jake Roberts in 1991 was excellent, and then he had another brilliant feud straight after with Ric Flair. By the end of 1992 they’d kind of given up on Randy, which is a shame as he could’ve had some brilliant matches and feuds in 1993 against the newer heels (Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon had matches with him but never full on feuds with big one on one showdowns).

I’m a big fan of his second heel run, too. Loved the Wrestlemania 5 angle with Hogan, loved the feud with Warrior, and his feud with Dusty Rhodes had some enjoyable moments.

·
Registered
413 Posts
macho peaked as a heel imo. he was at his absolute greatest in '89. as far as his best face run i would also lean towards his first run because he just felt more raw. the early 90's face macho was still kinda cool, but he was also kinda corny. he lost some of his edge.

was never really given the torch to carry as top face in 89-90, so the question remains as to what his true potential really was. a sick part of me would like to think he could have been just as big as hogan if given the chance, but maybe that's me being unrealistic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts