Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts

Just another confirmation of truth from damn near the greatest ring performer of all time....

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Macho Man speaks on the Rock/Undertaker, Mr. Perfect, and Hogan

I guess it's safe to say Rock = Greatness.
:cool2 No doubt....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

He is not the greatest performer of all time, and I take Randy's comment with a grain of salt, since the current locker room speaks different of him.

Not hating on the rock, nor Savage, Just seems to me you are trying to feedd us that Rock is the GOAT or whatever.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

Eh I think the argument can be made that the Rock is the greatest performer of all time. Don't see why you haters have to make it seem so controversial. He's up there.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

He is not the greatest performer of all time, and I take Randy's comment with a grain of salt, since the current locker room speaks different of him.

Not hating on the rock, nor Savage, Just seems to me you are trying to feedd us that Rock is the GOAT or whatever.
I don't have to feed you a damn thing, kid. The Rock's background and the guys that worked with him speak for me. I was just pointing out a rare interview of when the Macho Man spoke on fellow icon the Rock. And Savage is without question a much bigger performer than Bret/Michaels/Angle and those types ever were. He carried to Ultimate Warrior to 4 stars. They never have been and never will be ever to accomplish anything close to that.

The Rock is the greatest sports entertainer of all time though. He made your Triple Hs, Kurt Angles, made Jericho credible, put Austin back on the map in 2001 when he could of politcally held him down if he wanted, did all the dream matches he needed to do(Hogan, Austin, Lesnar, Goldberg, Cena, Undertaker, Flair). That's just how it turned out.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts

Shit got real very quickly near the end

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Were he and Rock ever in the same company at one time?

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

full of troll and rock fans...close this thread
You got alot of nerve to talk about trolls.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I imagine they would have had many mutual acquaintances, and they hear things about each other. You hear it all the time, wrestlers interviewed saying they had heard certain guys were stiff or whatever else they talk about. It's probably what he has heard from enough people to know that's the kind of guy The Rock is.

That's my guess anyway, emphasis on the guess.

·
Banned
882 Posts

When were Rock and Macho Man in the same locker room?
They weren't. Savage left WWF in 1994, Rock didn't join until 1996.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

I saw this interview for the first time a few months ago, huge markoutmoment to see Macho Man talks about Rock from a respectful old school wrestling icon to another. That was always my biggest dream match, Rock/Savage. Such a shame that we never even got a segment between them. This moment would have been legendary just to see the iconic presences of both of them in the same place.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts

according to Jericho , Big Show , Dudley Boyz , Edge , Jim Ross , Kurt Angle , X-pac , Mark Henry , Trish Stratus , Rock was a cool dude and helped around backstage

Big show told a story that he was on a flight with the WWF crew , and they made him sit coach while Rock was suppose to sit First class , so Rock sat coach with Big Show during the flight

of course rock's no saint or angel , he's obviously got some flaws , but he was a nice guy according to the other wrestlers

and from current stars , he seem to have got along great with Cody Rhodes, Beth Pheonix , The Miz , Dibiase jr , heck even CM Punk (he tweeted a picture of both of them laughing hysterically)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

yeah i think triple h is the only guy who has something against the rock.

I remember meeting him after a PPV at a local resturant asking him what he thought about The Rock headlining WM28 and Triple H walked up to me, kicked me in my gut and gave me the pedigree infront of everyone.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

So you'd take Dolph Ziggler's opinion more seriously than a legend in the business?

Come on. The wrestlers today = divas compared to wrestlers from the '80s, '90s and '00s. The wrestlers today are much more concerned about having a 5 star match than actually being a draw which is what the business is all about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts