Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many threads there are if any on this subject...but does anyone here think theres a legit chance that Macho Man Randy Savage gets inducted into the next Hall of Fame?? ive heard the stories of Vince not being too fond of Savage maybe because of rumor of him having sex with Stephanie McMahon. I cant think of a better time then the next HOF to induct Savage since its clearly overdue and well deserved...Thoughts? does he make it for the 2013?? a couple years away?? or never??

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
On 17th of May 2013 you will post a thread called "Macho for 2014 HOF?!?!?!?"

End of story: Vince never liked Macho man.Hell even when he died he didn't pay him a proper tribute.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Maybe. He should have been in years ago, but putting him in this year would have looked tacky, like they were doing it because he died, which is exactly the truth. Vince hated Mach since he left the company, but no matter, the HoF is shit and Mach is in better Halls than this one. At this point, I don't even care if he goes, it means nothing.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts

End of story: Vince never liked Macho man.Hell even when he died he didn't pay him a proper tribute.
WWE did a great video package for the guy and even showed the crowd chanting his name afterwards IIRC. Also an article on WWE.com. Most people do not receive that type of treatment. Its either a small mention on the website or nothing at all. What more of a tribute would you want?

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,441 Posts
Vince also wrote a tribute and submitted it to TIME Magazine. Don't remember him doing that for anyone else. Despite any personal grudges, he knows that Savage was one of the most popular superstars of all time, second only to Hogan in his prime.

That doesn't mean that the grudge should've been buried years ago. If Hogan went into the HOF in '05, Bret in '06, then Macho should've gone in in '07.

At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. But Randy's been gone for almost a full year now, so any much-deserved recognition that he does get will feel very bittersweet.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I think its possible, if not likely he gets inducted. I have noticed Savage being mentioned a lot on WWE.com the past few months. They put him as their #1 Intercontinental champ of all time for crying out loud. Call me crazy, but Im almost certain he will be in next year

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

not true, they were close. nobody really knows what happened but vince had beef with mach unlike anyone else.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Does anyone else reckon when he banged steph, he shouted "oooooooh yeeeeeeeah" as he blew his beans?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts