Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of nowhere it seems R-Truth is going to be flung into the picture for the IC title despite hardly being on TV at all this year. Yet you have an outstanding in ring talent in Harper who has held the title already this year seemingly being overlooked for this rumoured ladder match at WM.

I just don't get it, it makes no sense to me. This is more of a gripe about Harper's overall treatment by the people who book the shows.

Being overlooked by Truth for the IC title match and also being overlooked in The Authority with them instead opting for Big Show and Kane is complete madness.

I feel he is the most under appreciated talent on the roster (by wwe officials) and since losing the IC title he has been a jobber more or less.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Out of nowhere it seems R-Truth is going to be flung into the picture for the IC title despite hardly being on TV at all this year. Yet you have an outstanding in ring talent in Harper who has held the title already this year seemingly being overlooked for this rumoured ladder match at WM.

I just don't get it, it makes no sense to me. This is more of a gripe about Harper's overall treatment by the people who book the shows.

Being overlooked by Truth for the IC title match and also being overlooked in The Authority with them instead opting for Big Show and Kane is complete madness.

I feel he is the most under appreciated talent on the roster (by wwe officials) and since losing the IC title he has been a jobber more or less.
Why are you surprised when guys like CEsero and Barrett who are just as good if not better are treated like shit as well.

The funny thing is you could be having great mid card matches with those three if you made a feud out of it. I know Barett is IC champion but they still make him lose all the time and Cesero is a tag champ now but they still have booked him like a chump for most of his career.

It should make perfect sense.

Vince and Dunn don't care about talent the just care about pushing the guys they like which have DA LOOK.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you surprised when guys like CEsero and Barrett who are just as good if not better are treated like shit as well.

The funny thing is you could be having great mid card matches with those three if you made a feud out of it. I know Barett is IC champion but they still make him lose all the time and Cesero is a tag champ now but they still have booked him like a chump for most of his career.

It should make perfect sense.

Vince and Dunn don't care about talent the just care about pushing the guys they like which have DA LOOK.
Agreed. There is alot of potential in the midcard in terms of guys who are terrific wrestlers but they focus on the wrong people alot of the time or gives spaces to guys who are now comopletely irrelevant.

·
TBZ
5,854 Posts
He reminds me of Kevin Owens, except he's bigger. It always pissed me off how much the commentary team always undersold his amazing feats in the ring for such a big guy. Suicide dives, dropkicks, hurricanranas, slingshot somersault sentons you name it. His performances in his match against Cena on Raw and The Shield last year at Elimination Chamber speak for themselves. Hell, he impressed me just a few weeks ago on Raw when he totally outwrestled and out performed Ryback. But when a certain guy *ahem* performs an apron dropkick the commentary team, especially Cole and JBL seem to blow their load several times over. And I know he'll never achieve the success he's supposed to as long as this terrible company has anything to say about it.

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,629 Posts
I'm happy he's not in the fatal four way as Truth's only there to eat the pin anyway. He's a great worker though(especially for a guy of his size) and hopefully with more time away from Bray to work on his character he can create a niche for himself on the card. At the moment though I feel he's in a holding pattern until one of the 'Bigs' decides to retire.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I would say under utilized maybe.. i dont recall too many people talking down on the guy. Hes by far and away my favorite big man in wwe.

I do wish someone could make a pair of patara earings and fuse him and bry wyatt together.. if the same wrestler cut those creepy promos could go to the ring and deliver that smashmouth style luke has.....jesus, that would the best monster heel of our era

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great Talent, but stuck in character hell.

Storyline wise, yes I can see Bray letting the boys go. BUt by no means should they have been broken up as a tag team. Even losing to the Usos every PPv (should have gone over at NOc to set up uso win at SS) they were still hot and putting on great matches. They together could still be competing now for belts...

But they split. and the most natural progression was to have Harper adopt the mean tough trucker gimmick and transition from his Wyatt days. That is a great gimmick. He pulls it off no problem and could get over being a tweener as a brawler. This would allowe him to goto Mania and win the Andre Battle Royal, or Compete for IC title, or Other options and feuds.

He is stuck in character hell, even with the IC thing vs Ziggler, it got him no where because there was no development and he was still the crazy wyatt family, just without the family part. If he can be pushed as the character above, I see a real future because he literally is like Bruiser Brody reincarnated, and with a brawler gimmick he could be major over. But until then he is stuck in character hell where he has no direction.

It is sad because he has so much talent for a big man, and he can sell real good! He is a guy that needs to be pushed

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Good wrestler, don't care too much for his talking though, doesn't quite do it for me. But fuck he is good in the ring.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Might as well throw Curtis Axel in there as well. Or just have Axel vs. Truth on Raw....with no implications .....and keep them off the WM card for the love of God.

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,976 Posts
He's literally been tossed aside, he just shows up when The Authority need someone to eat the pin, it's exactly the same with Rowan on the opposite end, Vince obviously decided he would job them out individually instead of losing to The Usos each week, it's fucking criminal. Harper is getting no TV time, he even got a jobber entrance a couple of weeks ago already in the ring. He's had no time to develop a character, wasted talent, a talent that is in the prime of his career but Fuck it, let's push those 2 up and comers Kane and Big Show. I have unlimited respect for Kane but Why the fuck is he more prominent than Luke Harper in 2015? Kane and Show should be helping talent backstage or Kane should atleast be Director Of Operations as a non Wrestling figure, Big Show would be better suited as a commentator.

Reactions: RVP_The_Gunner

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's literally been tossed aside, he just shows up when The Authority need someone to eat the pin, it's exactly the same with Rowan on the opposite end, Vince obviously decided he would job them out individually instead of losing to The Usos each week, it's fucking criminal. Harper is getting no TV time, he even got a jobber entrance a couple of weeks ago already in the ring. He's had no time to develop a character, wasted talent, a talent that is in the prime of his career but Fuck it, let's push those 2 up and comers Kane and Big Show. I have unlimited respect for Kane but Why the fuck is he more prominent than Luke Harper in 2015? Kane and Show should be helping talent backstage or Kane should atleast be Director Of Operations as a non Wrestling figure, same goes for Show who'd be better suited as a commentator.
Here here. Spot on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts