Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I can see him as AEW champion even for a short time. Perfect monster heel champion who is actually very good in the ring and carries himself very good.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Harper's contract was supposed to run out late 2019, but wwe had the option of adding on months he sat out with injuries. I think they could add on 4-5 months, so he could be held until April, but if they don't tack on anything as he did his time and mostly kept his mouth shut then he could be out literally any time now.

I'd expect wwe to announce his release/departure whenever it happens to spoil any surprise debut elsewhere.

·
Banned
894 Posts
I saw Brodie at an indie show, at least, 10+ years ago. He was on a card that was headlined by Steve Corino. There were very few people in attendance (maybe 60?), but Brodie was the one who stood out the most out of everyone that was on the show. His "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" and "All day" shouts to the crowd, made him an instant heel, whether you knew him or not. At the time, I did not know who he was either, but it was clear that he was going to go on and do better things. He had size. He had talent. He can go. He can work. He can talk... if you allow him to. Something that WWE hardly tapped into and when they did, the written scripted promos he was given to recite, were absolutely terrible. Nobody talks that way!

It's almost a guarantee he'll go to AEW and be the "bad-ass" he has always been.

·
Registered
20,695 Posts
Massively disagree. I think he will be big in aew. Massive guy, great in the ring too
We'll see I don't think he's nearly as good as people say though especially on his own. I think he'll be a fine lower midcard guy. But I don't see him as being untapped potential for bigger things. I think that term is thrown around a little too loose.

·
Blessed Child of God
2,916 Posts
Harper has pretty much always been my favorite member of The Wyatts. And if you guys haven't seen his match against Dominik Dijakovic back at Worlds Collide in April, you should definitely check it out!

I hope wherever he ends up that they use him. He's a great talent IMO and has been wasted in WWE.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
It makes me wonder why WWE doesn't try to trademark names like "Brodie Lee" or "Jon Moxley" pre-emptively - if they are available. It would be a further incentive to the talent to resign with WWE if they know that they cannot go back to their previous indy name and have to come up with something entirely new.
i think it has something to do with the wrestlers using it already, and some having merch with those names and then working for wwe. i think in the end wwe has to prove they were going to use the names to begin with and possibly not just with the original wrestlers like how in mexico some gimmicks just move to a younger wrestler, just a real big problem, then wrestlers would just start doing it with any name and open the flood gates

21 - 35 of 35 Posts