Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
– PWInsider reports that WWE Superstar Luke Harper applied to the trademark “Brodie Lee” on November 26. The listing includes a trademark for shirts and “G & S: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer.”

Brodie Lee was Harper’s previous ring name when he worked on the independent wrestling circuit. As previously reported, Harper asked for his release from WWE in a public post on social media. However, he was not granted the release by the promotion. He’s currently on the Smackdown roster.
Source: https://411mania.com/wrestling/luke-harper-applies-trademark-brodie-lee-ring-name/

·
Registered
22,879 Posts
Preparing for life after it seems, good for him. Shame how even in 2017 where he was the key player in the Orton/Wyatt Family story, he has only been used as a tag wrestler since. Or just flat out not used at all.

Whether it's AEW, NJPW, or wherever else, I look forward to eventually seeing what he can really do. And now that I say all this, watch the guy suddenly get a push on SD.

·
Southern Pride
2,909 Posts
Looks like Luke Harper is still planning to exit WWE when he can.

Harper could have been so much more than the way he has been used this year especially.

I do wonder if ROH will try to sign him once he is gone from WWE. They desperately need some sort of momentum.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
It makes me wonder why WWE doesn't try to trademark names like "Brodie Lee" or "Jon Moxley" pre-emptively - if they are available. It would be a further incentive to the talent to resign with WWE if they know that they cannot go back to their previous indy name and have to come up with something entirely new.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
I think he heads to AEW. They'll certainly make him an offer, and Arn Anderson spoke glowingly of him recently - and could do so without tampering because he's not officially a AEW employee. I could see him look to NJPW as well of course but being over 40yo I don't think he'll look to freelance.

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
Preparing for life after it seems, good for him. Shame how even in 2017 where he was the key player in the Orton/Wyatt Family story, he has only been used as a tag wrestler since. Or just flat out not used at all.

Whether it's AEW, NJPW, or wherever else, I look forward to eventually seeing what he can really do. And now that I say all this, watch the guy suddenly get a push on SD.
Nah, why would they do that. Vince already told him to "take it like a man", why the sudden push? He wasn't gonna re-sign anyway.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Regardless what small promotion he goes to, he will never be world champ at AEW, ROH, NJPW, WCW Nitro, etc. He is a mid carder but he will get more aire time than WWE.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I personally hope he goes AEW, they have gotten a few guys of decent size to add to the roster, but Brodie would be a steal. He’s up in age, sure but I’m sure there’s quite a few good years left in him.

Could also see him stay as a training capacity, because there’s no denying that the big man has a great technique.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts