Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAA Lucha Libre Mega Heavyweight Champion El Zorro recently spoke with Spanish Magazine Superluchas on a number of topics. In his interview he has confirmed that a deal is set with TNA and all both sides are missing is date for his appearance. Below is a translation of his interview segment regarding TNA:

Q:What's going on With TNA? Are you leaving (AAA)?
Yes, there is those talks. I can't say that its all set but we will see. There's already an agreement between TNA and AAA. I already sent out my papers and some other requirements. We go on from there.

Q:So are you just waiting on a date?
Exactly, All we are missing is a date.

Credit: superluchas.net & tnainsider.com

·
Banned
212 Posts
I thought this was posted but yes, this is been in the works for months now. TNA is also pending a deal to sign Jack Evans and Tiger Mask.

I believe the hold up is AAA wants someone from TNA to go down there which is very tough for them to do.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought this was posted but yes, this is been in the works for months now. TNA is also pending a deal to sign Jack Evans and Tiger Mask.

I believe the hold up is AAA wants someone from TNA to go down there which is very tough for them to do.
Fresh news actually. Superluchas just recently posted that (Tnainsider translated it).

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hernandez is already there,Just send people not even on TNA TV like Suicide/EY and Shark Boy and then people not much needed like Rob Terry!
what about sending them vince russo, taz and the old 6-sided ring ?

·
Registered
73 Posts

would love for them to bring jack in but would also like for them to give teddy hart another chance too. they both tore to roof off at one of ROH's PPV a couple months ago

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts

If they hire Jack Evans and Tiger Mask the X Division will be stacked so we can have the highflying action that we use to get in the x division and It'll make the title more prestigious

·
Banned
212 Posts
If they hire Jack Evans and Tiger Mask the X Division will be stacked so we can have the highflying action that we use to get in the x division and It'll make the title more prestigious
That's nice and all but there is a business at the end of the day. There is no way AAA is just going to hand Jack Evans and Tiger Mask to TNA.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
That's nice and all but there is a business at the end of the day. There is no way AAA is just going to hand Jack Evans and Tiger Mask to TNA.
He means Extreme Tiger, for anyone who's wondering what he's on about,...

...and there is no deal "pending". He made that up.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
So?

Suicide was over as fuck and made plenty of money in merch for the company. That's not a bad thing.
Really? I don't remember any reports about the company making bank off Suicide merch. Like someone already said if he were that over he'd still be around. Plus the name "Suicide" wasn't exactly a good name to be marketing especially to children. I'm assuming Suicide was supposed to marketed towards children right?

If they decided to give him a rich man gimmick, they would be "coping" Alberto Del Rio's gimmick. It's best if they keep what he's good at.
I've never seen the guy so I was assuming his gimmick was actually based off of ZORRO. Wouldn't they have some copyright issues with that name? They should just change his name then.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Really? I don't remember any reports about the company making bank off Suicide merch. Like someone already said if he were that over he'd still be around. Plus the name "Suicide" wasn't exactly a good name to be marketing especially to children. I'm assuming Suicide was supposed to marketed towards children right?
Suicide was somewhat popular. Kids did wear it and it was marketing worthy. We've seen names that are on the same level in comic books so it's not that outlandish.

Suicide was at the time the top selling t-shirt and action figure. But it died quickly when Hogan come on board.

I've never seen the guy so I was assuming his gimmick was actually based off of ZORRO. Wouldn't they have some copyright issues with that name? They should just change his name then.
I'm sure TNA would change his name but not so much his attire or gimmick.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts