Wrestling Forum banner

4141 - 4151 of 4151 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,651 Posts
Does anyone knows if a version of Omega vs. Dragon Lee exists online where the audio isn't out of sync? The one that cubsfan uploaded bothers me too much

Still gonna be rated "worst promotion of the year" by dumb US nerds who don't even watch it and know nothing about it
I think WWE has that one covered :LOL:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
AAA want to use the Elite and Moxley for a big show in the near future, according to rumors.

What exactly are AAA's plans as far as the U.S. market goes? They've got talent exchange relationships with 3 of the big 6 promotions in the country, they ran shows in NY and LA this year, and I remember reading a while back they were supposed to air on El Rey Network after LU went down but don't know what happened to that. Are they going for a NJPW-like expansion here, a product to enter the crowded market, or what? There's got to be a reason for all their business here in 2019, especially.
No one has an answer for this?

·
Registered
311 Posts
No one has an answer for this?
Lucha Underground was their expansion plan. Now, who knows, they won't go out and laid out their plans...

What's njpw plan? or AEW? I'm under the impression they just want to make the same thing wwe does but they think with "better in ring workrate we'll have better revenue" which I'm not sure it will work out...

My guess is AAA want's to become some kind of "content provider", get dozens or even hundreds of characters and have them touring USA or the world but not in the same shows like wwe, their approach may be like being the "go to guys" for promotions needing some outsourcing, having a dozen guys in US indies, another batch in AEW, another in Europe, Impact, Japan, etc. I don't think AAA can sustain having Faccion Ingobernable, Lucha Bros, Wagners/old timers, Psycho Clowns, etc, they're too many of them and only one main event, so sending guys away while building a new wave of lucha guys could work.

Could work, but it surely will blow up in their face eventually, once the guys figure out they can book themselves in the indies without having to give a cut to AAA.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
I predict 2020 will be a good year for Cmll. They are pushing Bandido. I think Atlantis Jr will get better.

Aaa will be great as usual but I want too see they go all in with Vikingo. Give him that super push Psycho got. Speaking of Psycho, will we FINALLY get the apuesta match with Escorpion? Mask vs Hair

·
Registered
311 Posts

"No pasa nada" CMLL drew 3 shows in the 10-15+k range last month, and possibly another couple this week, they'll do good as usual.

There won't be Rush/Park and they'll demand to be fed cabelleras and masks and eventually leave, and trash talk AAA as usual. The main event will suffer but the rest will be strong.

For the year and the decade, both AAA/CMLL are in the position where they need to push young stars but they're afraid they'll jump ship (to wwe or even other foreing companies). Same old same old for AAA, but may be new for Consejo. They know their shit, they're building up Nueva Dinamita so that the new tecnicos get over by beating them, but they'll take their time. Wouldn't rule out Scorpion and Texano Jr (or similar level guys) jumping in to feud/put over Dinamitas NG as they are not really fully developed yet.

Although the big promotions are becoming something of "feeder leagues", the pendulum may swing the other way eventually, Andrade, Fantasma, Garzases, Metalik will eventually be too old for the E but will come back as bigger stars which will help to fill the void of the new stars from that time leaving, so in a way going international will be part of their development.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I think Atlantis Jr will get better.
I'm honestly surprised by how good he already is. And CMLL is really careful about how they are using him. When he debuted I was sure that he was going to immediately win some tournament, but he is quietly doing solid work in trios matches and I really liked his lighting match against Villano kid. If he won something big this year then I think some fans would have reacted negatively to it and saying that he won only due to his name, but I feel like audience is probably now ready for some big Atlantis Jr. wins in 2020.

Another surprise is Dulce Gardenia, that hair vs hair match was all him and crowd was really into him. Could see him becoming a big deal in next couple of years as well.

As for Bandido, I wonder how long this is going to last, maybe he just wants to do couple of big feuds in Arena Mexico and then leaves?

·
Registered
311 Posts
As for Bandido, I wonder how long this is going to last, maybe he just wants to do couple of big feuds in Arena Mexico and then leaves?
I've not followed the news but it seems people hate ROH now but Flamita recently signed there and that could mean Bandido will renew, I mean, everyone trash talks about their time in WCW but the Mexicans never complained, LA Park has said he never imagined they could make that much $$$ and that he got "set for life" over there... Similarily, maybe Bandido and Flamita think they're doing very well in ROH... and maybe having a deal in ROH means that Flamita will join Bandido in CMLL and they'll have good runs.

Wonder if Bandido (or maybe Soberano) will end up joining Guerreros Laguneros, they probably need to kick Ultimo out and make Euphoria the leader and have UG working with the legends now, give Ultimo and Buca a last run.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Aaa has been through a lot. Losing two of your biggest stars to freak accidents within 5 years is crazy. Plus they loss an owner(for a 2nd time btw) and the head trainer. Its hard

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
AAA want to use the Elite and Moxley for a big show in the near future, according to rumors.

What exactly are AAA's plans as far as the U.S. market goes? They've got talent exchange relationships with 3 of the big 6 promotions in the country, they ran shows in NY and LA this year, and I remember reading a while back they were supposed to air on El Rey Network after LU went down but don't know what happened to that. Are they going for a NJPW-like expansion here, a product to enter the crowded market, or what? There's got to be a reason for all their business here in 2019, especially.
Lucha Underground was their expansion plan. Now, who knows, they won't go out and laid out their plans...

What's njpw plan? or AEW? I'm under the impression they just want to make the same thing wwe does but they think with "better in ring workrate we'll have better revenue" which I'm not sure it will work out...

My guess is AAA want's to become some kind of "content provider", get dozens or even hundreds of characters and have them touring USA or the world but not in the same shows like wwe, their approach may be like being the "go to guys" for promotions needing some outsourcing, having a dozen guys in US indies, another batch in AEW, another in Europe, Impact, Japan, etc. I don't think AAA can sustain having Faccion Ingobernable, Lucha Bros, Wagners/old timers, Psycho Clowns, etc, they're too many of them and only one main event, so sending guys away while building a new wave of lucha guys could work.

Could work, but it surely will blow up in their face eventually, once the guys figure out they can book themselves in the indies without having to give a cut to AAA.
Lucha Underground can still be the plan. But there are a few things to consider before a resurrection and reboot:

a) It will need to be 18A this time. A lot of the critically acclaimed shows watched in America tend to be 18A/TV-MA, and it would fill a needed void for adult wrestling characters that are appealing for adults, since they behave like adults. They would also be taking advantage of the current superhero craze right now, due to the lucha masks and personas.

b) They’ll need a streaming service. Either get back on Netflix, or go to a different one like Disney+.

c) Release a new video game; Heroes del Ring was decent. Or license some of their roster and events (both LU & AAA) for use in the AEW video game. They’re already in a partnership with them; may as well make the most of it.

d) Possibly do an invasion angle with AEW and maybe Impact involving LU.

e) Make sure the wrestlers are paid properly this time.

f) If they want to tour smaller venues all over the US (and maybe Mexico and Canada too) instead of sticking to one locale this time, it’s up to them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lucha Memes Coacalco Square Garden 8/3-20 REVIEW
Multy/Prayer vs Robin/Avisman **1/2

Solid. Fell apart in the middle, a few botched spots but very good technical wrestling from time to time and they held it together for finish. Multy did very little for some reason. He spent 90% of match on the apron.

Virus vs Judas el Traidor ****1/2

Excellent match. Bloody brawl with psychology I've rarely seen. They really gave off the impression they legit wanted to kill eachother. Innovative submissions I've never seen before. Crowd was hotter than the sun. MOTYC

Navarro/Terry vs Impulso & Belial ***1/4

Lots of brawling, chairshots and illegal holds. Terry couldn't quite keep up the pace and Belial did very little and seemed out of place. Navarro put on impressive holds as always. Impulso bled a lot and was beaten up badly throughout the match, but sold it well and had an impressive performance and also dived onto me.

Ricky Marvin vs Perro de Guerrera **2/4

Decent match, back and forth. Nothing spectacular. Marvin can still go but doesn't seem interested in trying anything new. Crowd rooted heavily for Perro, which was surprising to me.

Maldito/Divino vs Kamikazes vs Gremlin y Garrabo Punk ***1/2

Short and chaotic match. Your typical good AAA opener. Iron Kid especially stood out as the best worker by far. Alas de Acero did his Shooting Star Press, Cavernario style. Divino did better then I expected, Maldito seemed lost at times. The crowd was very hot.

Ledesma announced on microphone that no Atlantis Jr. or Titan would appear due to politics and gave his sincere apologies.

Arez vs Aramis ****

Originally one fall. Ended up being three falls after screwy finishes and unhappy crowd wanting more. Arez won first fall but with very fast count. Aramis pinned Arez quick in a second fall after a low blow and a spinning powerbomb. Arez ended up winning third fall. Both guys gave it their all, wrestling at extremely high pace and had incredible and innovative sequences as usual. Only reason it's only four stars is the confusion with how many falls they were doing, Aramis shrugged at me at ringside like he didn't even know what they were doing anymore. The in ring work was excellent, no surprise given the two involved.

It was a very enjoyable show, I had a great time there and talked to a lot of people. Including people actually coming up to me and recognizing me as Doradafan which was surprising but cool! Nice to finally meet Daniel Ledesma, long time coming. Arena Coliseo Coacalco is a very special place with a special aura that has to be experienced if you have the chance!

This was not televised and you will never see the full matches on Youtube. However LuchaTv channel on Youtube might have highlights eventually.

4141 - 4151 of 4151 Posts