Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost certain. They've been on main event twice in a row, and their style is different to what we get shoved up our ass that the crowd loves very little thing they do. Their match against the Masters of the WWE universe from main event was a great, fun match with some sick spots that the crowd loved. There is no way that these guys don't get over less Vince decides to make them job to reigns or something.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Let's see. Vince's checklist for WWE champions

1. Colorful costumes
2. No actual charisma
3. Inability to cut promos or have a gimmick that conveniently ignores this
4. Cartoony gimmick
5. Leeching off the success of an actual serious promotion but localised for WWE's audience
6. No actual long term potential
7. Something new but not really new
8. Fixed spots with no real innovation but pretending to be innovative.

Yup. Sounds about right. They'll be the next champs for sure.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
LOS MATADORES VS. LUCHA DRAGONS! The match no American wants. Who are these assholes? They won't even show their faces. Might as well be terrorists. I'll pass on any Mexican wrestlers these days. They need their own league. They don't have the look.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Would rather Kalisto get a singles push.

·
Registered
14,151 Posts
Of course they will and they should, they are an amazing team and work well together. They are basically outshining the Ascension already but I do think they will get a reign too sometime this year.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Just watched their match on Main Event vs Kidd and Cesaro and it was a really fun match. I actually think the Lucha Dragons are a rare example of talent which is far more suited to the main roster than NXT as kids will probably love them.

My only gripe with them is that I don't think Sin Cara should be doing any of the high flying, as when you have the direct comparison of Kalisto right beside him it looks massively inferior. Also, he doesn't really need to do it as what sets him apart is the fact he is deceptively strong for a luchador in the WWE setting so he should stick to the power moves to distinguish himself.

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Kalisto need to debut as a single competitor He could be the man who succeeds Rey Mysterio Jr if done right.
I think he'll sink if he starts on his own. In WCW and in the beginning in WWE, Rey had a cruiserweight division and championship to keep him busy and highlight him. Kalisto will not have that luxury. He has no prize to go after. And I damn sure don't trust in WWE to put in the work as far as storylines go. He'd win a few squash matches, then start losing, and then he probably wouldn't be on TV at all because they wouldn't know what to do with him.

I do wish he had a better partner than Sin Cara (Hunico). Off gopic, still never saw the fascination with Hunico. He's just so slow and lethargic compared to Kalisto.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
They're gonna bomb badly on the main roster. They wont even be as over as the USOs, who aren't really that over anyways outside that chant. They've 619'd (for lack of a better term) Kalisto and his indy cred is all but gone. He's becoming another corny,cartoonish babyface that the IWC will hate and will mostly get apathy from the casuals.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Kalisto need to debut as a single competitor He could be the man who succeeds Rey Mysterio Jr if done right.
He needs time first. Sure he is a flashy as hell guy but he needs to develop a connection with the fans, Mysterio is very underrated as a performer in that regards.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Honestly id rather see Kalisto as a singles. Luchadragons annoy me. The theme, the gear, the chant "fandangoing saying lucha" so annoying just like blake and murphy. Honestly the only two tagteams that should be brought up this year are vaudevillains and enzo&cass.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts