Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been guys who have Wrestled just for WWE or came from a smaller organization and made a name for themselves in WWE and retired and never wrestled for WCW, ECW, or TNA. Like Shawn Michaels, Dave Batista, Edge, Hardcore Holly, Scotty 2 Hotty, and if more please feel free to add.

But the thing that got me making this thread is that I have seen numerous WWE Superstars leave WWE and go to another organization, get a new gimmick and just mess up their career. One great example is Ric Flair although he didn't get a new gimmick, he retired at the very top of his career after a match with Shawn Michaels and the retirement celebration afterwards.

But as for me I have to say out of today's active roster, the most Loyal WWE Guy or Guys that I can't see going nowhere else after WWE is (excluding
Rock and Undertaker) are John Cena, Kane, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, The Miz, and Mark Henry.

John Cena- He's been the face of WWE for many years, had many High Profile Feuds. Let's face it, WWE is going to use him up till he can't go no more. Although I can not stand the guy, His actions and in and out the ring speaks strongly about his loyalty towards WWE.

Kane- Behind the Undertaker is the longest tenured Superstar right now in the WWE. Since his days as Issac Yankem in 1995, Kane has proved very valuable to WWE officials. His ability to work the Midcard and to transition to the Main Event level is something very few can do.

Daniel Bryan[/B-Right now the easily the biggest draw for WWE and a great wrestler. His matches are off the chain. He will be around for a long while.

CM Punk-I just don't think Punk would be interested wrestling anywhere else.

The Miz-Very charismatic, and AWESOME All around. He's WWE go to guy to promote events. He's a huge PR Tool. And face or heel there is something you have to like about the Miz.

Mark Henry- Been around since 1996 and can't stay away from injuries. If WWE have not gotten rid of him by now then they won't get rid of him no time soon. He may of had his ups and downs in WWE, but he's loyal and do promotional work for the company as well.

So I want to know, who are your Loyal WWE Guys?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I wouldn't put Miz in that list to be honest... while he is great and I love Miz, I think if TNA offered him enough money and promised him the same treatment as Angle, Hardy and Anderson he'd have a hard time saying no..

Since coming from WCW both Jericho and Big Show haven't wrestled anywhere else... for these two I'd see WCW more as a stepping stone rather than the huge thing it was because that wasn't where they belonged and since they "jumped ship" they have both stayed loyal to WWE (Jericho has periodically wrestled due to his music career and what not but still he is a WWE man)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I would have to say Daniel Bryan. He just seems like your classic blue collar worker, who put in his dues, and is being rewarded for it now. Similar to Triple H.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
HBK. Never wrestled in WCW, not even prior to signing with the WWF.
Part of me thinks he would've never liked WCW. Thank God he never went there. Went from AWA straight to WWE. Best move he could've made.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Where the hell is Randy Orton. He's been in WWE since he's 22 and will probably be for at least 10 more years.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
One great example is Ric Flair although he didn't get a new gimmick, he retired at the very top of his career after a match with Shawn Michaels and the retirement celebration afterwards.
Please tell me I am misinterpreting this.

I don't know if loyalty is the correct term to use in today's environment. These days it is more about the fact that WWE has such a monopoly on the business that, from a business perspective, it makes no sense to leave unless you have to and that isn't loyalty, it is searching for a job.

When I think of loyalty to a wrestling company, I think of two names. Shawn Michaels and Sting. Both could have easily jumped ship and been highly successful on the other side, but chose not to. That is what I consider loyalty.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Part of me thinks he would've never liked WCW. Thank God he never went there. Went from AWA straight to WWE. Best move he could've made.
I would have loved to have seen Shawn in 97-98 WCW

·
Registered
850 Posts
Chris Jericho always says he would never wrestle for any other company, out of loyalty to Vince McMahon.
As much as I love ROH, NJPW and sort of, kinda, only a little like TNA, none of them deserve the GOAT.

NONE..

WCW didn't even deserve him...

WWE doesn't even deserve him...

I deserve him... :mark:

Reactions: RandomLurker

·
Administrator
59,114 Posts
Yeah because he would have been US Champion at best. The only way he would have became World Champion is he stayed long enough to let the main-event clear out like Bret Hart did.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
The Miz-Very charismatic, and AWESOME All around. He's WWE go to guy to promote events. He's a huge PR Tool. And face or heel there is something you have to like about the Miz.

And loyalty is pretty much impossible to measure in 2013. It's not like when WCW existed where you could jump ship and it was a huge deal, a big middle finger to your former company and big names would easily leave for more lucrative contracts, etc. It's either WWE or TNA/Indys/Japan/etc. which just absolutely do not compete as far as the money you'd make and the exposure you'd get. Not saying WWE is perfect and everything is garbage, but jumping ship from WWE to TNA (for example) not only doesn't happen (unless WWE fires you), it's pointless because you're not going to make more money, you're not going to be performing in front of more people, and you probably have even worse job security. TNA isn't making any offers to currently employed WWE guys (nor do they have much to offer that WWE can't besides maybe a higher ranking on the card).

I don't think anyone in WWE who isn't already a) planning on retiring soon b) financially set for life or c) established outside of wrestling would refuse a TNA (again, as an example) contract no matter how loyal they say they are if WWE were to let them go today. Obviously Cena, Kane and Henry wouldn't go wrestle anywhere else because they're financially set and could retire today without much worry. But Punk, Bryan and The Miz? Punk was planning on retiring soon anyways, no? Though I imagine he would work some Indy dates (more for fun and respect for it than anything), but yeah, I wouldn't expect him to work anywhere full-time--I think his star power would keep him going without having to wrestle. Bryan and Miz on the other hand I think would EASILY join another company full-time if WWE released them, but obviously no one is going to jump ship while a WWE contract is guaranteed.

Therefore, the loyal guys to WWE (on the current roster) are really only The Rock, Cena, Kane, Henry, Orton, HHH and Taker (I say Orton because I assume he's probably #2 to Cena as far as full-time pay goes).

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Of course every modern day wrestler has loyalty. There's literally NO other feasible options. The loyalty from the guys in the 90's is a lot more impressive because they had an opportunity to go to a company that was even better in WCW.

Edit: Just read the above post. Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I would have loved to have seen Shawn in 97-98 WCW
Yeah those were good years in WCW. Michaels would've probably fit in well in those years.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Prime examples of loyalty to WWE:

Undertaker
Kane
Hunter
Michaels
Rock

But the thing that got me making this thread is that I have seen numerous WWE Superstars leave WWE and go to another organization, get a new gimmick and just mess up their career. One great example is Ric Flair although he didn't get a new gimmick, he retired at the very top of his career after a match with Shawn Michaels and the retirement celebration afterwards.
Do you actually not know TNA exists or do you buy into WWE's propaganda that TNA does not exist? Because dude, that is literally one of the most naive statements I've ever read anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Well for any wrestler that wants to stay in the USA, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else except WWE either.

But then again, take a guy like Wade Barrett or somebody like that - if a company like ROH or TNA offered me a good contract & actually let me, I don't know, PERFORM sometimes - I'd take that in a heart beat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts