Wrestling Forum banner

Love it or Hate it Satnam Singh has just got something that'll make him a star...

2362 Views 25 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Dizzie
What have we seen from Satnam Singh so far?

Satnam Singh is already more well known that the majority of toys Tony Khan has collected. He's already experienced the big leagues. He is the star of Netflix documentary 'One in a Billion' which followed the global journey of Satnam Singh from his home in a farming village in rural India to New York City as he helped create the long-awaited connection between the NBA and India.

The viewers clearly gravitated towards Satnam Singh's story and personality as a result of this documentary as it quickly soared to the 'Top Ten Most Viewed' charts on Netflix shortly after it's release and remains on the streaming service six years after it's release.

In the wrestling world, unfortunately Tony Khan has shown himself to be incapable of capitalising on anything that's successful but his spot where he caught Darby Allin at Full Gear was a snippet of his brilliance and next to Jeff Jarrett he looks a million bucks.

Now it's not just America where Satnam Singh has shown the potential to be great. Satnam Singh offers exposure to his home country of India. Home to a population of 1.2 billion people with viewership figures on platforms such as Youtube which are just unbelievable. It's estimated that by being shown on Colours TV that Ring Ka King is the most viewed wrestling show of all time.

Is there a thirst for a major wrestling star in India?

Just like in America, wrestling is considered 'low brow' to sponsors in India and WWE have always found it hard to monetise themselves in India. However for actual talent there's an incredible chance to showcase themselves to a huge audience. As expressed earlier in the Netflix series Satnam is actual talent.

The best comparator for Satnam Singh to be compared to is The Great Khali. He started in 2006 and had a good run in WWE given his limitations. He however took the popularity of Wrestling in India to a completely different level.

It's hard to use words big enough to describe how big the Great Khali is as a star in India. Vince McMahon made him a pop culture legend that succeeded in an American form of entertainment. He's now used that legend status to transition in to politics where he still remains very popular to this day.

When you consider the success The Great Khali has had, Satnam Singh has the potential in India that you cannot put in to words. The Great Khali could not speak English very well and his athleticism doesn't compare to Satnam's. In a couple of years the status of Satnam Singh could be even bigger in India than Khali.

Now can Tony Khan be trusted with such a gem?

No need to worry about that. Satnam Singh will be guided by the genius that is Jeff Jarrett.

Jeff is very well aware of Satnam Singh in the Indian market due to the relationships he forged and knowledge he gained whilst working on the Ring Ka King series on Colours TV which is the third biggest network in India. The series drew over 18,000,000 viewers an episode. That's more viewers than what WWE Raw was getting across the whole world.

He built friendships with the likes of Indian Singer Mika Singh and the 'Michael Jordan of Cricket' Harbhajan Singh who's married to huge Bollywood movie star Geeta Basra. A true power couple in India. The friendships Jeff Jarrett can lean on will only help expose Satnam to become the game changer that AEW fans have craved but have never found. It will not be long before we could see Satnam Singh become the face of Tata Motors, a gigantic company who are worth 37 billion dollars and have connections with the same people as Jeff. If anybody can help monetise an individual to an audience that far dwarfs the AEW hardcore fan base, it's Slap Nuts.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but with the right marketing and training we could be looking at a future World Champion.

How can we benefit from Satnam?

My advice would be to buy any merchandise that AEW are smart enough to produce as it's sell value once he's outgrown AEW could be enormous. They've been very slow to capitalise on The Acclaimed's popularity but hopefully they'll recognise that Satnam could sell t-shirts in the next couple of years that make his the '3:16' of AEW. Whilst you may be embarrassed to wear most wrestling merchandise, there will be no shame in wearing something that's associated to Satnam.

If you're fortunate enough to attend an AEW event get Satnam Singh to sign anything. A trainer, a t-shirt, a phone case. It's unimaginable to suggest a number on how much that item could be worth in 5 to 10 years time.

This is an exciting period in history, the wrestling world has a global mainstream talent that demands respect and his rise to the very top in global entertainment will be a fascinating watch for us all.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Butter My Arse
16,432 Posts
Being in a workrate heavy company I think Satnam has a lot of work to do, but he’s only 26. He stands out from a mile away and although you couldn’t really see him have realistic matches against the likes of Darby or OC or whatever, there are enough moderately sized guys out there who could bump their asses off and make Satnam look a threat without him going into risky business himself.

I’ve always been a sucker for giants in wrestling and this guy seems pretty agile. Even if he gets to Omos levels I think there is enough additional talent in the company to make him look at least decent.

· Registered
15,020 Posts

· Registered
4,266 Posts
Tony gets it. Learning from this model of success, we will soon learn that:

The Tiger King guy is All Elite.

Wednesday Addams is All Elite — it’s Wednesday, you know what that means.

That dude who tried to get a Harrier Jet from Pepsi is All Elite.

It’s a formula that cannot fail. Now if only that pizza guy can get a Netflix series.

· Registered
660 Posts
Tony gets it. Learning from this model of success, we will soon learn that:

The Tiger King guy is All Elite.

Wednesday Addams is All Elite — it’s Wednesday, you know what that means.

That dude who tried to get a Harrier Jet from Pepsi is All Elite.

It’s a formula that cannot fail. Now if only that pizza guy can get a Netflix series.
I'm looking forward to Subway Jared's upcoming debut and face turn.

· Registered
805 Posts
To be fair, Ring ka King got millions of views.
Still baffles me why it was over after 1 season.
The first episode was watched by reportedly 14 million people. However, the TV Station there actually owned the rights and produced the Show until they didn´t want to do it anymore. Maybe they didn't generate enough Money, or they didn't have a local Star who they could’ve capitalized off.
I only remember when Scott Steiner ran in the Audience, and it kinda reminded me of the old Days when Bruiser Brody used to do it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts