Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Sundance Kid
18,291 Posts
Look you can have the private information that you definitely shared when creating an account on a wrestling forum be ostensibly secure or you can have a usable forum you can't have both this isn't fantasy island okay

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Yeah.... New users should need to make a certain amount of posts before being able to make threads. That seems like a simple solution

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,375 Posts
Trust me, us mods are just as fed up with this shit. There's are tons a day in multiple sections that are ruining this place more than it was already. One spam user just crrated 107 spam discussions!!! We've tried reaching out to Admin many times over the past few weeks but so far they have been completely silent, not only about thst matter but in general. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
If it's too much work for the current mods to deal with might be time to add more mods, while this site still has some traffic.

·
#BAYBAY
20,208 Posts
I just deleted at first 53 threads, and then I found maybe another 45 more I just deleted.

I pm'ed Administrator last week, asking if they could check the thread in the staff room that Clique mentioned above. VS have been online since then.

Until they sort themselves out, and listen to us, there's nothing we can do unfortunately. Like Brock said, we're all pissed off. Because it's going to keep happening over and over again.

·
\m/
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it's too much work for the current mods to deal with might be time to add more mods, while this site still has some traffic.
It is not really the mods who have to act here but the admins. The mods can delete the threads but the idea is to prevent such threads being made in the first place.

·
33,375 Posts
Oh yeah it's our fault.

We have to go around manually banning and deleting these 1000's of spam shit every day. We try our best to delete them quickly but we do have lives too outside this place. As soon as we see them, we spend an ordanate amount of time getting rid of them. We can't help them getting through, it's up to the VS admin staff to try and stop this shit.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Sorry I wasn't aware i've only ever been an admin and never a mod, I thought they could just tick a box on the left of the threads and ban/delete in 1 click.

·
33,375 Posts
Sorry I wasn't aware i've only ever been an admin and never a mod, I thought they could just tick a box on the left of the threads and ban/delete in 1 click.
Yeah it's p.much a one click clean and ban to get rid but the threads are still visible and make the forum look more horrible than it does already as we can't delete the threads atm which is annoying. Plus, we have to stop these spammers from taking over this place in the first place which is the main issue and frustration.

·
Administrator
1,989 Posts
Hey All,

As an update to things here, to help fight the spam, we've slowly been upping some information needed for registration. These spam accounts were smarter than we gave them credit for, but now you should see a reduction on posts in the public forums (some will still get caught into some mod approval queues)

Let me know if y'all notice a difference, and if y'all notice if any users start talking about having difficulty registering. I've failed those "are you human" tests from time to time, so hopefully others won't fail when getting on here. :)

-Gerrit

1 - 20 of 28 Posts