Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since a lot of debate on these forums centres around which wrestlers are getting pushed/buried, I thought I'd throw in a little history lesson to show its not always as clear cut.

In 2000, after entering Wrestlemania as the "eurocontinental champion", Kurt Angle then proceeded to lose almost every PPV match he had for the rest of the year, suffering indignities like riding up to the ring on a little moped, and getting kicked in the balls by Steph. He then pinned The Rock for the WWE title in October.

Moral of the story, you dont always have to read quite so much into match results.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
Since a lot of debate on these forums centres around which wrestlers are getting pushed/buried, I thought I'd throw in a little history lesson to show its not always as clear cut.

In 2000, after entering Wrestlemania as the "eurocontinental champion", Kurt Angle then proceeded to lose almost every PPV match he had for the rest of the year, suffering indignities like riding up to the ring on a little moped, and getting kicked in the balls by Steph. He then pinned The Rock for the WWE title in October.

Moral of the story, you dont always have to read quite so much into match results.
Not automatically, but if you become nothing but a spot match and losing those, then you might be being buried.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Depends on the booking really.

The defining moment moment in Austin's career was in a match he lost.

But yeah, people here get way too upset over one loss by their favourites.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
it is if you arem on a losing streak or losing to guys who have been on losing streaks or arent over and have lost in a weak way

ON and OFF pushes are bs

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
It annoys me a lot when people throw around "buried" or that hes lost his push etc when someone loses a match, no matter how they lose it or how strong they look before they do, the terms are instantly thrown around.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
No it doesn't. But, when you are losing matches every week to lesser opponents and are made to look like shit by booking, then it becomes a problem. See Seamus for proof of that. He has lost almost every bit of credibility and main event prowess that he built up all last year. In months WWE have managed to destroy that by making him look like a joke.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
The booking has to be good though to make up for losses. If you're WWE Champion but Cena beats you easy in a 9 minute match, that's a definite sign you're not being allowed to look equal to the big stars.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Its not so much if you lose as it is the way you lose. If you lose to Big Show in a ten minute tv match, you're probably fine. If you lose to Hornswoggle in a four minute tv match, worry. Or in a different example, losing to Cena after a back and forth isn't as bad a signal as getting put in the STF within twenty seconds and tapping for your life. It all depends on how the loss (or win for that matter) is booked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.