Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Judging from the news reports it seems like everything was OK in the mans life... then he goes missing & eventually his dead body is found in the woods. Amazing.

R.I.P.

·
40,588 Posts
Gambling debt perhaps? It's possible of course that this is a random act of violence but that's doubtful. I haven't read the article but when a body is found in the forest foul play is the first and most obvious assumption.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ah, Memphis crime strikes again. Crazy, I live about 8-10 miles from the southeast area and I didn't hear about it until I read this thread.

RIP Wright

EDIT:

Just found this, I thought it was interesting:

Three armed men showed up at the home of Lorenzen’s ex-wife, threatening her and asking for the former NBA player. That was six weeks before Wright was shot to death, according to Sherra Wright’s attorney.

Mrs. Wright warned her ex-husband and father of her children. She told him about the visit by the unidentified three men who showed up dressed in sport coats, as explained by her lawyer Gail Mathes.

However, she was too frightened and therefore decided not to inform the authorities until Monday morning, when she eventually spoke to the police in Collierville, a Memphis suburb near her home. The three invaders told her that she and her children would be killed, if she went to the police.

The body of 34-year-old Lorenzen Wright was found in the woods on Wednesday, a few days after family members filed a missing persons report.

On July 18, he was last seen at his ex-wife’s house, from where he left in the middle of the night together with another person and a substantial amount of cash.
Source: http://www.nerdles.com/2010/07/31/ex-wife-of-lorenzen-wright-received-threatening-visit/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts