Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, I realize probably none of you guys are Japaneses. But, just try to put yourself as a Japanese. You have a white man that acts like a Japanese, have a Japanese name, speak broken Japanese even though he's stayed in Japan for 8 YEARS. Worse of all, they have a real Japanese act like a lackey to a guy that's not even Japanese. I don't know about you guys, but that's a big insult to Japan and all the Japanese wrestlers.

Edit: Changed the topic title as that wasn't the point I was trying to make anyway.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Re: Lord Tensai character is racist

And he is squashing americans in the ring every week. How Racist!!!

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts

Yes, I realize probably none of you guys are Japaneses. But, just try to put yourself as a Japanese. You have a white man that acts like a Japanese, have a Japanese name, speak broken Japanese even though he's stayed in Japan for 8 YEARS. Worse of all, they have a real Japanese act like a lackey to a guy that's not even Japanese. I don't know about you guys, but that's a big insult to Japan and all the Japanese wrestlers.
So you're saying he shouldn't have that gimmick... because of the color of his skin?

WHO'S THE RACIST NOW?!?!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

Well then I guess as a black man, Cena insults me all the time.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
12,731 Posts

I really wish people would learn the definition of racism.

Anyway, I doubt he will last much longer due to being just an overall garbage wrestler.

Reactions: Ziggler Mark

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Racism
"A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others."

Or

"Hatred or intolerance of another race or other races."

Yah... The Tensai character isn't racist.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
It's not racist, stop whining.

Yoshi still speaks English poorly and he's been here for years.

And the lackey is a guy from FCW and this is his big shot when he inevitably turns on his "master".

It's not racist, it's a gimmick, don't be so uptight. Screaming "raaaaaciiiiist" all the time is dumb. Wrestlers all over the world constantly do regional and ethnic gimmicks that they aren't. They are playing characters on a TV show. Relax with the "I'm offended! I'm offended!"

You know what both Japanese and Mexican promotions use? -- crude stereotypes of Americans. OMG! I'm so offended.

You know, Brodus Clay is not actually a Funkasaurus! True fact. He doesn't constantly dance to 1970s funk music or dress like 1980s rappers in real life. And, OMG, but have you noticed he's kinda doing a "black" gimmick but he's actually really light skinned?! OMG. Raaaaciiiiist!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Man some of you guys find just about anything to bitch about. Just for a minute STOP THINKING ABOUT WRESTLING.

Your life will be better. Damn

Reactions: Pojko

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The difference is, Japanese wrestlers were never given a chance in the WWE. They always been jobbers/jokes. And now all of the sudden they have a guy that is not even Japanese act like he's Japanese and actually play a serious Japanese character for ONCE. That to me is an insult to Japanese wrestlers as if WWE were saying "You guys are not good enough so we have a non-Japanese play a Japanese character and actually dominate for once".

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
The difference is, Japanese wrestlers were never given a chance in the WWE. They always been jobbers/jokes. And now all of the sudden they have a guy that is not even Japanese act like he's Japanese and actually play a serious Japanese character for ONCE. That to me is an insult to Japanese wrestlers as if WWE were saying "You guys are not good enough so we have a non-Japanese play a Japanese character and actually dominate for once".
The character isn't a white man pretending to be Japanese. If anything, it's an homage to Japanese wrestling (which before Tensai, was all but ignored in WWE) saying that he left WWE to learn the Japanese style to make him better.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Camacho is not Mexican, he's Samoan.
Santino is from Canada, not Italy. That's a fake accent!!! OMG!
Rey Mysterio -- Captain Mexico -- was born in California.
Hunico is from Texas.
Jinder Mahal is from Canada, not India.
Rosa Mendes is from Canada and speaks terrible Spanish. OMG!

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I could imagine Japanese people not caring or liking it just because of the respect factor. That's why Japan is better than the Unites States and the western world always crying and complaining over everything and worrying about stereotypes and other countries feelings that don't give two fucks about Albert acting like a Japanese stereotype if they even follow WWE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the character is totally racist and horrible. the combination of badly accented japanese, absurd faux karate hand gestures, and fawning japanese manservant all combine to create an extremely racist package. plus albert's ring skills are as poor as ever.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
the character is totally racist and horrible. the combination of badly accented japanese, absurd faux karate hand gestures, and fawning japanese manservant all combine to create an extremely racist package. plus albert's ring skills are as poor as ever.
You registered just to scream "Raaaciiiist" at Lord Tensai?

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
12,731 Posts
was yokozuna an insult to japan?
This is a little different. Although Yokozuna wasn't really Japanese, he still looked the part.

Lord Tensai is clearly a fat white man pretending to be Asian. That is rather pathetic and embarrassing.

Also, only one man in the WWE could pull off having writing on his body.

Hakushi was fucking awesome, wish he would have come back instead of fatass Albert.

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,694 Posts
Well I'm not Japanese, but I'm part-Chinese & like alot of Asian-related things, entertainment, culture and what not.

I DON'T like Lord Fat Ass Albert and never did.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.