Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Cena is one of those people who pretended he didn't want to hang out with the cool kids when they rejected him. And that he preferred hanging out with geeks like himself. then when he finally got offered a seat at the end of the cool kids table he jumped at it like a starving child with no hesitation.
That's how I feel about Paige.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Hows he a phoney exactly? At least under this context?

Punk told Cena that he was the Yankees of WWE and when the day comes he's not anymore, he won't be around

All that Hustle Loyalty Respect crap is nothing but a scam to get more followers. Cena ran away the moment he wasn't among the top cards

He's become exactly what he was criticizing The Rock for

Sent from the White House

It's real. Didn't you see Goldberg squashing Former UFC undisputed Champion under 2 minutes :fuckthis

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Wrestling fans have to be some of the most entitled people on the planet. This man has given 15 years of his life to this business and not just halfassed during those 15 years. Workaholic shit. Rarely taking breaks, working injured, coming back from injury sooner than expected. He said been treated like shit by fans for years, but still stuck around for the good of the company. He's pushing 40. Which isnua,you around the time that people start complaining about stars sticking around too long anyways. These Rock comparisons are fucking retarded. Rock walked out while still on top at a time the company desperately needed him. Not saying that's not his right to do so or that he owed the company a damn thing, but its fact. Cena's career is winding down. This isn't him walking out between 05-10. He's given us enough. If he wants to pursue other dreams than let him have at it.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,433 Posts
Punk told Cena that he was the Yankees of WWE and when the day comes he's not anymore, he won't be around

All that Hustle Loyalty Respect crap is nothing but a scam to get more followers. Cena ran away the moment he wasn't among the top cards

He's become exactly what he was criticizing The Rock for

Or after 15 years non stop and multiple injuries he's burnt out and needs a serious break and is looking at life after wrestling. Does John have to die in the ring or something? He's still the Yankees of WWE as well, he's still the biggest draw in the company and makes a huge difference to audience attendance.

And he criticized The Rock in character, thats like saying AJ Styles is a complete asshole because of his character.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Or after 15 years non stop and multiple injuries he's burnt out and needs a serious break and is looking at life after wrestling. Does John have to die in the ring or something? He's still the Yankees of WWE as well, he's still the biggest draw in the company and makes a huge difference to audience attendance.

And he criticized The Rock in character, thats like saying AJ Styles is a complete asshole because of his character.

Cena claimed to love this more than he has loved anything else in his life. And he couldn't even think to live without all this
He has gotten a couple of breaks to relax but since last year he's been trying to distance himself.

He didn't criticize the Rock as a character. He meant every single word.

Sent from The White House

·
Registered
19 Posts
He's gotten bored and burnt out. I would be too if I had to do the same exact thing everyday for close to 15 years. And now he has a enough name value to have a career outside of wrestling.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
John Cena is one of the "nicer" top spot guys. The guy is actively saying that if people want his spot that they can have it lol. If you go back in the history of the business, I doubt you'd see this type of thing happening more than once or twice before. He's put over guy's that were literally brand new to the show. As a top guy, you are of course going to get lots of wins, but Cena is the type of guy that would wrestle someone like Cody Rhodes and make it look competitive. I personally don't blame him for wanting to take a long ass break from the company, at this point he's pretty much earned the part timer status.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Nearly 15 years of being a devoted company man, coming back from every injury in record time, and being the greatest ambassador the company has ever had, and he's an asshole for taking time for himself.

But Dean Ambrose is a wrestling god for working a couple extra house shows.

·
From 199 to the greatest of all time.
3,654 Posts
Well Cena whined about Rock leaving for Hollywood and "abandoning" the fans/WWE. That can be used against him a bit, sure. That said, was it a work or a shoot? Who really can say for sure? If he meant it, well, that's very hypocritical and deserves to be called out for it. If he said what he said to "build the feud", no biggie; a smart play, no doubt.

But good for Cena. Wrestling is a brutal business. If he can have a career outside of it, good for him, I say. He's put in his time, solidified his spot in history and should pursue other opportunities to entertain folks that don't involve further jeopardizing his health and well being.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
I'm no Cena fan, but that's a ridiculous post, OP. Nobody has stayed on top in the modern era for as long as Cena has. And this is a time when wresters are worked harder than ever. The fact that he's gone this hard for this long is absolutely astounding. Fair play to the bloke on that score, even if it has lead to the thing becoming stale. He's clearly in the process of being downgraded in terms of importance to the on-air product, but he continues to be the ultimate company guy on social media shilling the network and upcoming PPV's at every available opportunity, so I don't for one second thing there's any problem with the relationship there. The guy is just slowing down, and he frankly deserves it. Good to have other people take some camera time too. Win all round.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I am astounded by the sheer levels of stupidity in this thread.

There are few in the company (history not just now) that have worked as hard consistently as Cena. The vast number of public appearances, interviews, charity jobs that the guy has done over 10-12 years is remarkable. Carrying the whole company on your back as 'the' main man for ten years isn't going to be easy.

From what some of the bigger outlets have reported over the last few years (Meltzer etc) it seems that Cena is physically fucked. His neck isn't great and he has been marred with injuries over time that are hardly going to get any better. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some nasty neck damage but who knows?

The character is that - a fuckin CHARACTER. He appeals to the kids. If you think Cena isn't a good businessman then you are an idiot - he is there to make money just like Hogan, Austin, Rock and many others. Working in health sector people talk about medical staff as being there for the good of the patient and whilst this may be true you wouldn't see a health professional working for the minimum wage (not untrained carers I must add). Why? Because we aren't stupid! We do the job (like the police, army, ambulance and teachers) because of the money... we are not a charity! Same as Cena. He is not doing the job for his own health and whilst he seems to love making people smile it would be wholly ridiculous to think he is doing it out of some higher moral standing. Its all about the money.

In terms of hypocrisy there was a difference with the WORKED comments made about The Rock... Johnson went away for YEARS from the WWE. Not only that he decided that wrestling was a little too tacky for his reputation and so declined to have conversations about his WWE days with media outlets. Think about that... I remember at the time that he actually seemed to be embarrassed by the whole business/company. Then he walks in the door to get a (big) payday. Again not bashing The Rock because he was smart but there are some differences.

I say he can take off all the time he likes. He will always be able to walk in the door, have a good match and draw a good crowd any time he wants. He has earned it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am astounded by the sheer levels of stupidity in this thread.

There are few in the company (history not just now) that have worked as hard consistently as Cena. The vast number of public appearances, interviews, charity jobs that the guy has done over 10-12 years is remarkable. Carrying the whole company on your back as 'the' main man for ten years isn't going to be easy.

From what some of the bigger outlets have reported over the last few years (Meltzer etc) it seems that Cena is physically fucked. His neck isn't great and he has been marred with injuries over time that are hardly going to get any better. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some nasty neck damage but who knows?

The character is that - a fuckin CHARACTER. He appeals to the kids. If you think Cena isn't a good businessman then you are an idiot - he is there to make money just like Hogan, Austin, Rock and many others. Working in health sector people talk about medical staff as being there for the good of the patient and whilst this may be true you wouldn't see a health professional working for the minimum wage (not untrained carers I must add). Why? Because we aren't stupid! We do the job (like the police, army, ambulance and teachers) because of the money... we are not a charity! Same as Cena. He is not doing the job for his own health and whilst he seems to love making people smile it would be wholly ridiculous to think he is doing it out of some higher moral standing. Its all about the money.

In terms of hypocrisy there was a difference with the WORKED comments made about The Rock... Johnson went away for YEARS from the WWE. Not only that he decided that wrestling was a little too tacky for his reputation and so declined to have conversations about his WWE days with media outlets. Think about that... I remember at the time that he actually seemed to be embarrassed by the whole business/company. Then he walks in the door to get a (big) payday. Again not bashing The Rock because he was smart but there are some differences.

I say he can take off all the time he likes. He will always be able to walk in the door, have a good match and draw a good crowd any time he wants. He has earned it.
THIS!!

101 - 120 of 125 Posts