Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It still does not make sense to me. They still to this day have Ambrose as a face. Why didn't they switch up their alignment and have Dean be the one that turned? He's a natural heel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,969 Posts
Shock value. No one really saw Seth being the one to turn on the Shield. He was always the peace keeper in the group. Breaking a group like the Shield, at the time, needed to be shocking and make people care. Really it should've been Roman to turn heel on them, but even that would've been predictable.
 

·
All out of bubblegum.
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
It was a swerve pure and simple.

How long it was in the works is up for debate but 90% of the IWC wanted Ambrose to turn on the Shield, some basically since their inception even. The other 10% more or less thought Reigns.

Basically, no-one thought Rollins would be the one to turn....so they turned him.
 

·
Daddy's Home
Joined
·
2,943 Posts
Can't lie that it worked out. Rollins was a great heel IMO and Ambrose was one of the most over guys in the company for a year and a half or so. His title winning moment arguably made it worth it. Plus, that Rollins/Ambrose feud after the split was one of the best feuds of the past several years. At the moment things have gotten stale, but they could always decide to turn him. Deciding to go babyface 3 years ago doesn't mean they are locked in to keeping him that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Actually in a way makes sense, Ambrose talented enough to survive being a babyface on WWE pg environment, Rollins? well watch him now as a face.. hes a fucking disgrace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,945 Posts
People can say whatever they want but Ambrose has been a huge success as a babyface he is still the most over guy in the roster.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top