Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quit
hell in a cell
Summer-slam Match (my personal favorite)
60 min iron man match

hope i didn't forget any..

but Ive recently re-watched these matches and i thought they were really really good...

my favorite just happens to be the summer-slam match they had where orton seemed to pull out every single trick in the book and just kept on beating cena time after time after time. I thought it was really good, just wished Lillian didn't botch the dam restarts shit...

runner up would be the iron man match for me... i love the story in that match.. though is was well told

and the i quit was really good, but the abrupt ending where orton yelled i quit ruined it for me big time..

hell in a cell was meh..

what are your thought on it basically a year later?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I thought it made Orton to look like an extreme pussy when he s supposed to be some psycho badass

·
Tap Or Snap
2,539 Posts
I Liked there Fued. I Know alot of people dident though because 'It Dragged' which is funny cause alot of the time people are begging for long fueds. But hey you cant please everyone.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It was alrighte wouldn't call it a standout feud just your typical wwe face vs heel feud, to bad they've over done because really don't want to see the both go at it again, but seeing as their both faces it could be an interesting feud as no one would back down act like a puzzy.

·
King James
24,646 Posts
Too many gimmick matches, not enough storytelling or build outside of the ring. The "I Quit" match and the Bragging Rights video package were the only things I thought were great about last year's feud.

And I don't think the Orton-Cena feud dragged, it was just a drag. It should have been handled with much more care so the epic-ness didn't feel so manufactured with gimmick match being thrown at it and the commentators calling it the best feud ever when we all know it isn't even close.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
It was epic.

Each match was different. Orton looked like Cena's equal when he won twice. Orton beat Cena clean. The I Quit match was their first classic together (****1/4). The Bragging Rights promo was awesome. They didn't have a single bad match.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It was a great feud and helped by some awesome crowds. I know people on here probably weren't too interested by it, but the crowds went crazy for it. Those "Let's go Orton/Let's go Cena chants" were amazing, the sort of chants we really haven't heard in a while.

I Quit was my personal favourite. It just had amazing storytelling and I actually loved the ending. I loved how it was shot, with Orton left with two options; quit or desperately try and make it to the key.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
I thought it was boring. The matches were hit-and-miss, there was no intensity to the bland feud, and the whole thing felt forced, like they were trying to create this epic rivalry, and failed miserably.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i thought it was a really good feud. they work well together...i suspect at some point, they will have another feud. but the next time might be a little different...it might be a little more respectful...kind of like a trying to one up eachother kind of a feud. although, if wwe ever gets even just a little more edgier, they could do some crazy things and it could really be intense. oh, and a little blood would be nice. just a little.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think it was a fantastic series if I'm being honest, I was fully into it at the time as well (even though I'm not really too into Orton or Cena)

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
They have good chemistry and good matches but it was missing that big time feel. I think the next Orton/Cena with roles likely reversed will be tremendous. The Rock/HHH feud from 1998 was nothing special other than a great ladder match but a couple years later they tore the house down when Rock became as big as Austin and HHH had his breakout year becoming the top heel.

In 2-3 years a Cena/Orton feud be absolutely enormous. But Orton will have sustain his currently popularity and WWE has to truly be ready to turn Cena heel for it to really work.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
It was a great feud, and if it wasn't for Punk and Hardy's awesome rivalry this would have been the feud of the year.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
I didn't like the fued tbh. I thought it was too much of an attempt to make it this generation's Rock/Austin fued. Plus there were too much stipulation matches for one fued, I mean they had a HIAC, I Quit and an Ironman. So now whenever Cena and Orton fued again, nothing will be new to them because they've done everything at that point. Your supposed to take it in tiny steps, and not whore out your special matches in a span of 3-4 months just for one fued.

Plus the fued just got boring, stale and repetitive after a while, I think a lot people just wanted them to end it and move on.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
It's severely underrated by some. They didn't have a single bad match. The crowd was psyched for every single one of their matches. Orton played the heel perfectly, Cena played the face perfectly. Unlike others, I would like to see these two go at it again but only if Cena's heel. An Orton/Cena main event at WrestleMania 30 could be epic.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I enjoy their feud, it wasn't as epic as i thought it would be but the matches were entertaining and i love the intensity they brought in every segments they were involved in.

Oh, i also love their Iron Man Match video promo, it was so epicly made i actually bought the "best rivalry of all time" idea for a second lol.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It's severely underrated by some. They didn't have a single bad match. The crowd was psyched for every single one of their matches. Orton played the heel perfectly, Cena played the face perfectly. Unlike others, I would like to see these two go at it again but only if Cena's heel. An Orton/Cena main event at WrestleMania 30 could be epic.
And they shouldn't have another feud before that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It was alight, they had to many gimmick matches but their matches were good espically the match they had at Summerslam. The bad thing is that they never mention about the past, their feud in 07 got personal when Randy Orton kick Cena's dad in the skull and thats something that Randy Orton should have mention to Cena which made them hate each other and tear each other apart.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I absolutely hated this feud and could not wait for it to end. They tried to make it this generations Rock vs Austin and it completely blew. Why? Because it was incredibly one-sided -- EVERY match in the rivalry made John Cena look superior to Orton. They pretty much have no chemistry whatsoever in the ring, either.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts