Wrestling Forum banner

Looking back: Positive memories of Nexus

2408 Views 34 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  jimboystar24
Now that the Nexus/New Nexus angle appears to be over, what are the positives you remember the most about this group? Granted, I presume most of you will mention their debut beatdown, but were there any other redeeming segments regarding the Nexus? Try not to mention stuff that resulted in Nexus looking weak (SuperCena revives from Concrete DDT)

Personally I enjoyed Barrett's promos against Cena when he was forced to join Nexus as well as Skip looking like a monster.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Daniel Bryan yelling at Cena during the Nexus Invasion. "You are not better than me!"

· Ho!
20,568 Posts
I remember at Summerslam, Nexus was losing, so Barrett was like "Skip, take care of this shit!" and Skip was like "Yip Yip!" and Skip beat some ass and was the dominant force until he fell at the hands of whoever eliminated him.

The End.

Oh, and then he got injured a couple of weeks later. But that wasn't a positive moment.

Seriously speaking though, I can't think of any single moment. The whole Nexus angle was the best thing WWE did since HHH/Orton's build up to WM25, and even then I'd say it was about on par with it, maybe even better. Barrett and Tarver were awesome on the mic anytime they spoke, and the whole group was great, like an army. I wouldn't say it was their Summerslam loss that ultimately hurt them, but it was them losing Skip that really hurt them, since he was the powerhouse of the team.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
I'll go with the people saying Barrett being the focus of Raw/any time he spoke. He's a tremendous entertainer, really plays his role well. It's a shame when he wins the world title, he won't have the momentum that he had back when he was leading Nexus. Barrett WAS Raw for a good chunk of 2010.

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
1) Debut

2) ...

3) ?
Must of missed it... :side:

When RAW would start without the Intro and it was just the Nexus standing in the ring. Always was interesting.

Barrett's mic work blew me away to be honest.

· Banned
9,964 Posts
The Debut was easily the biggest and best moment of the entire angle.

aside from that, i really loved when barrett dug into cena that one time and did "you cant see me" to him as he was walking away.

barrett just overall was the best thing about nexus. i'd actually watch RAW just to see barrett talk. he's that captivating and the man has a presence.

· GOAT
4,573 Posts
I loved Barrett's promo on Cena, about how Cena would love to smash Barrett's head in, and how he was letting his Cenation down, "Coward. YELLOW BELLY"

To be fair Cena played his part quite well, but Barrett was easily the most over heel in years at that point.

· HEADBANGA
27,535 Posts
The majority of the angle was great. Nexus dominating RAW and making Cenas life hell, having the WWE champ Sheamus running like a scalded dog, Cena working for Nexus, Barrett trying to get his hands on the title, and ultimately Cena being fired was the last good thing about Nexus. After that it turned into shit. It was a great angle that had an amazing start, good middle, but a shitty ending.

· Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The majority of the angle was great. Nexus dominating RAW and making Cenas life hell, having the WWE champ Sheamus running like a scalded dog, Cena working for Nexus, Barrett trying to get his hands on the title, and ultimately Cena being fired was the last good thing about Nexus. After that it turned into shit. It was a great angle that had an amazing start, good middle, but a shitty ending.
Now that you mentioned that, I remember that Heath Slater has pinned Sheamus (WWE Champ), Edge and Jericho as well. watzupwithdat?!

Pretty much no one has positives about the New Nexus it seems...

· Registered
5,130 Posts
These are my favorites:

- Their debut was amazing, they just shocked the hell out of everyone in a good way, everyone looked badass and left an awesome impression, especially Daniel Bryan.

- Barrett was the real star throughout the whole Nexus angle especially during CeNexus angle when he made Cena his bitch. WWE kinda missed the boat with him, they didn't strike the iron while it's still hot, at that time i understand that he was very over as a heel to the point that he didn't need the championship but it would have been better of they have followed through his push, at this rate i'd rather see him getting pushed to the moon instead of Miz tbh.

- Team WWE vs. Nexus build-up was entertaining to follow, and words can't describe how awesome it was when Bryan made his return at SummerSlam while Miz showing the "WTF" look, lol.

- The dynamic relationship between Cena, Barrett and Otunga made a really good tv.

· Registered
410 Posts
Gabriel looking like a million bucks in the ring against Cena and the likes.

The rumble were Barret won the #1 contendership with the help of Cena.

Cena putting the Nexus shirt on. It was way too late, but it was a good moment.

· Registered
6,087 Posts
The original Nexus; the way they were before Summerslam. Actually worth watching and kicked major ass.

Their Summerslam loss killed their momentum big time. Same goes for Sheffield and Tarver getting injured. They were a great little stable, I miss the Nexus days.

Even CM Punk can't save 'New Nexus'.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.