Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Regardless guys, ko has not ever recovered from that squash match 3 years ago. And unfortunately did ruin his credibility as a world champion

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The only thing Fat Owens qualifies being the face of is, The Face of McDonald's. You marks are even more delusional than I previously thought you were if you believe for a second that a guy that has the look of Kevin Owens has what it takes to be the Face of WWE. I mean be serious....does Kevin Owens look any different than your average McDonald's customer. Why should anyone entertain the idea that Fat Owens has chance against Goldberg....?

The harsh-truth you marks need to face is. Unlike Owens, Goldberg actually looks like a Star.
Bold words from a keyboard warrior. You say that about Kevin Owens and yet, he's still a legit badass that would beat the shit out of most of the roster in a real fight. I'm willing to bet he would kick your ass too there bud. Whether you like Owens or not, the fact is that he was the most over person in the company at one point before he got buried. He was over to the point that he got faces booed, and that includes Goldturd. The numbers and the noise don't lie, Kevin Owens was THE guy at one point and should've been the next FOTC.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Bold words from a keyboard warrior. You say that about Kevin Owens and yet, he's still a legit badass that would beat the shit out of most of the roster in a real fight. I'm willing to bet he would kick your ass too there bud. Whether you like Owens or not, the fact is that he was the most over person in the company at one point before he got buried. He was over to the point that he got faces booed, and that includes Goldturd. The numbers and the noise don't lie, Kevin Owens was THE guy at one point and should've been the next FOTC.
Who the fuck cares if a wrestler could kick someone's ass in real life? Who cares if they can win a real fight with another member of the roster? What does that have to do with anything?

You don't want to be a heel and get CHEERED it's counter-productive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Who the fuck cares if a wrestler could kick someone's ass in real life? Who cares if they can win a real fight with another member of the roster? What does that have to do with anything?

You don't want to be a heel and get CHEERED it's counter-productive.
You're shitting on the guy's looks. My point is, if he's a legitimate badass that can beat up the whole roster in real life, then who cares if he's got abit of a gut? It's such a stupid to dislike someone.

And yes, that's why I want him as the FACE of the company.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
You're shitting on the guy's looks. My point is, if he's a legitimate badass that can beat up the whole roster in real life, then who cares if he's got abit of a gut? It's such a stupid to dislike someone.

Owens isn't a legitimate badass. What, you think a scruffy beard and some tats make someone a badass? Every wrestler that has a football, amateur wrestling or combat sports background would destroy KO. Owens is likely to be similar to CM Punk in terms of his real life fighting ability- he started training in pro wrestling at a young age and has no real background in anything else.

Brock Lesnar, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Roman Reigns would all wreck him, to name a few.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I remember thinking "OK, so KO is talking to Triple H in a corner. He's a pretty smart heel as vicious villains go. He's not going to walk into this match with Goldberg without a plan. Maybe Joe with debut to help him."

And then he went out there... Against FUCKING GOLDBERG... With no plan. The Jericho thing which any fucking baby knew was coming distracted him, and he got killed by Goldberg. I don't care that it went down like it did, fine. Put the belt on Goldberg. The Jericho KO Mania match was a letdown anyway. What I HAAAAATE about this match is that Vince treated the characters in his story, and subsequently the audience, like they're complete retards.

Jericho and KO managed to get me to care about their story, and Vince reminded me why I don't watch this dumb crap anymore. Thank Christ for AEW, NXT, NJPW... There's so much good wrestling that I have zero desire to watch Vince's bullshit outside of the big four.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Legit Badass? Can kick the shit out of most of the roster, including mine? Are you being serious, or are you just that delusional?

My previous comments about Kevin Owens were not personal, but rather objective. And a legend like Goldberg being booed was just another case of the Smarks not liking their favorite play-thing not being seen as a Star by the WWE.

You can cry all you want about what I said in regards to Kevin Owens, but the truth is Goldberg took a Wrestling Company (WCW) to places Kevin Owens can dream about.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

Hey man, I like Owens a lot, but during his time as Universal Champion he was never the top guy. He was a guy who they threw the belt on after Balor got hurt. Owens did some good stuff with Jericho during his run but he was the second-best part of that act and was never seriously treated as a main eventer. The Fans got behind the act but it wasn't going to work long term for him. His look isn't even the problem I think he just lacks an identity aside from wrestler X, it's a common shortcoming in all of wrestling so it isn't necessarily his fault.

That said,

I want to know where this notion that Owens is a legitimate badass comes from. I've never heard or read stories of him being a particularly hard man.

·
There's only one of me
1,219 Posts
First of all, if you want to see what a true FOTC looks like, replay that Goldberg/Owens match and pay attention to the legend in the ring, the one that has actually carried a legitimate wrestling organization on his back.

Two, as mentioned, KO only held the belt due to Balor's injury. He wasn't going to see that belt anytime soon, otherwise.

Owens was only over (and not as over as you're saying) because he was in a storyline with Jericho, who was the shining star of it every week. Owens just rode the wave.

I'm not going to make fun of KO's weight. I actually like the guy, and I think he's a very good wrestler...but he was never the best in the company, and I'd love to see proof that he's a legit badass. Beating up members of a wrestling forum doesn't count.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I love KO and agree that this match damaged his career. He's the current best talent in WWE today and I'll keep stating that fact until proven otherwise.

However, OP. You sound like a troll.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
considering that he is one of the top babyfaces on raw and still gets a good pop from the crowd, i would say that the match didn't really hurt him at all. If anything damaged Kevin Owens potential, it was when he was feuding with a heel Shane on SD and basically backed down to him because he was afraid to get fired. That caused more damage in the eyes of the fans because he was being booked as a bad ass babyface at the time but was being submissive to Shane.

During the Goldberg feud Owens was a cowardly heel that cheated to win and ran away from a fight. Goldberg was the big babyface coming in to destroy a cowardly heel, and didn't Jericho also provide a distraction to help Goldberg win? Regardless, Owens at that stage of his career, playing the role he was playing, losing to Goldberg like that didn't really hurt the character that much.

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,722 Posts
Call me petty but I love when threads backfire on people lol.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,686 Posts
Get out, OP.

Hyperbole is a crutch for people who don't have real points. Christ, Owens/Goldberg isn't even the worst Goldberg match of the last five years, let alone the worst match of all time. GTFO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Owens isn't a legitimate badass. What, you think a scruffy beard and some tats make someone a badass? Every wrestler that has a football, amateur wrestling or combat sports background would destroy KO. Owens is likely to be similar to CM Punk in terms of his real life fighting ability- he started training in pro wrestling at a young age and has no real background in anything else.

Brock Lesnar, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Roman Reigns would all wreck him, to name a few.
Legit Badass? Can kick the shit out of most of the roster, including mine? Are you being serious, or are you just that delusional?

My previous comments about Kevin Owens were not personal, but rather objective. And a legend like Goldberg being booed was just another case of the Smarks not liking their favorite play-thing not being seen as a Star by the WWE.

You can cry all you want about what I said in regards to Kevin Owens, but the truth is Goldberg took a Wrestling Company (WCW) to places Kevin Owens can dream about.
Goldberg hasn't drawn a dime since Starrcade 1998.

1,832 Posts

For the lols...

41 - 60 of 83 Posts