Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 5 years since KO was Universal Champion. Dude was amazing as champ and carried RAW for those 7 months. The fans obviously loved it as they cheered for him against every "face" he fought. He was so over that it was impossible for him to be a heel. The numbers and merchandise sales proved that as well.

There's no way he should've been buried by Goldberg in March 2017. One of the biggest POS moments by a wrestler in the history of wrestling. Goldberg was a horrible man for agreeing to that when he easily at the clout to say "No Vince, this is not right"

KO should've remained champion for much longer and he should've main evented WM33, not Reigns/Taker. I miss KO as champion dearly. He proved with that reign that he could've and should've been the FOTC. WWE would be in a much better place in 2021 if he was built as the centerpiece of the company.

What are your favorite memories from that great time?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I 100% percent agree with you. He held the title for 188 days. he could've held it for a few more months at least, and then dropped it to Seth, or let Finn regain the title he never lost. Samoa Joe could've even defeated him, but who am I kidding. Kevin Owens had a good reign, and he proved that he could be the FOTC during his reign. Sadly, he was never given that amount of spotlight ever again.

·
Registered
Sub Zero Wins
95 Posts
Kevin Owens was an amazing champion but it come out of nowhere.
The original plan was for Balor to hold the title and Goldberg to beat him.
Then Reigns would be in the main event since that was what McMahon had planned that whole year.
I think McMahon ran with a HHH idea and to McMahon it was a failure.
Allowing Finn to be first Universal champ only to have him vacate it the next night is no ones idea of getting a title over.
The funny thing is .KO then proceeded to make the title worth something to fans which was unexpected to McMahon but McMahon above all people should know that if you give people like KO and Jericho a bit of freedom ,they will deliver every time.
McMahon hates being wrong since it went from being seldom to oh so frequent.
But McMahon had his idea set in stone and his substitute champion was dropped back to where McMahon thought he should be.

To me the whole KO era was hilarious. The list of Jericho had me in stitches at times.
The whole "You are the GOAT"
"You are the Donkey"
was probably the funniest thing I have seen on WWE since DX.

·
Registered
67 Posts
" There's no way he should've been buried by Goldberg in March 2017. One of the biggest POS moments by a wrestler in the history of wrestling. Goldberg was a horrible man for agreeing to that when he easily at the clout to say "No Vince, this is not right" "

Goldberg vs Lesnar at WM 33 was better than any other matches in KO title run, shorter but it had intensity. Never got all the hype around him, it was a champion who looked out of place with his best friend that kept doing corny jokes which didn't just made him even less threatening.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,944 Posts
I think his title reign was about the same as any world championship reign. It had its good points, and its bad points. The best stuff came about when he was working with Jerich and near the end of the title reign when he was feuding Jericho, but it wasn't anything special either. Goldberg beating him kind've soured it a little, but I guess Goldberg vs. Lesnar was considered the money match.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
2016 was the last year I really, really enjoyed wrestling. By the end of the year it felt like every Wrestling company was hitting it out the park.

Then three months later we went back to part-time Champions, guys like Jinder being pushed, ROH being raided again and Impact being a cluster fuck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts