Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From TNAs facebook:

Important Update: Due to a personal issue, London Brawling (Wolfe & Magnus) will not be at tonight's No Surrender PPV. However, based on their strong showing in a recent non-title match on iMPACT!, Generation Me will now get a shot at the gold against the Machineguns tonight on PPV!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Damn - wanted to see Wolfe! Oh well.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hmmm I see it as good and bad. Bad cause I was looking forward to the match tonight, but good because 2 things:

1. Gen Me as replacement makes sense. Plus the match is def. gonna be just as good as the match with London Brawling was gonna be

2. Now they can build the feud between MMG/LB more, which means the title match could take place at BFG this year.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hmmm I see it as good and bad. Bad cause I was looking forward to the match tonight, but good because 2 things:

1. Gen Me as replacement makes sense. Plus the match is def. gonna be just as good as the match with London Brawling was gonna be

2. Now they can build the feud between MMG/LB more, which means the title match could take place at BFG this year.
This is what I want to happen. MCMG Vs Gen Me should be good in a 10+ minute match. In terms of match quality it'll probably be better than MCMG/LB.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Another Gen ME vs Guns match is welcomed by all, but it does make the result kind of obvious when challengers have been replaced at the last minute.

Unless TNA decide to put the belts on Gen ME purely because it's that obvious... that's the kind of ass backwards thinking Russo normally has.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
LB/MCMG coul have been a MOTY candidate as far as TNA are concerned, far surpassing all that has come before.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Well there goes the main reason that I wanted to see No Surrender. I hope all's well in the Magnus and Wolfe camps.

·
Registered
661 Posts
So TNA are once again going to fail to deliver an advertised match? C'mon, kids, this is amateur hour and it happens all the time. When was the last time the WWE or, fuck, even ROH failed to deliver something they'd built for a month?
Umm, from what I've seen so far, this is a situation that's out of TNA's control.
I was looking forward to the match as well, but what are TNA supposed to do if something legit came up to stop Magnus or Wolfe?
At least they've created a replacement match with MCMG and GenMe that should be good.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Another Gen ME vs Guns match is welcomed by all, but it does make the result kind of obvious when challengers have been replaced at the last minute.

Unless TNA decide to put the belts on Gen ME purely because it's that obvious... that's the kind of ass backwards thinking Russo normally has
isnt that a good idea to make it more unpredictable?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
GenMe will put a good match anyways

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just because something is unpredictable doesn't make it the best decision.
I like GenMe, but it took TNA years to finally put the belts on the Guns, and they deserve to have them for awhile--for 5-6 months, at least.

·
Registered
415 Posts
So TNA are once again going to fail to deliver an advertised match? C'mon, kids, this is amateur hour and it happens all the time. When was the last time the WWE or, fuck, even ROH failed to deliver something they'd built for a month?
Guess that's why all PPVs come with the Card Subject to Change caveat. And yes, it does happen. GenMe is the best replacement they could have chosen, still looking forward to this match.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
was looking forward to the match as well, but what are TNA supposed to do if something legit came up to stop Magnus or Wolfe?
Maybe come up with a decent angle and replace whichever one is missing. Or don't and make an angle over that. Not fucking switch the match at the last minute over fucking Facebook. That's amateur bullshit.

Fuck me. What's next? You think the WWE would tweet that they were changing a match a dozen hours before the PPV? No. Unless something very serious has happened, they'd make them do the match then they can fuck off and deal with it. Worst case scenario, you put that match on first and get them on a plane out. If someone has died, for example, those guys leaving early or missing the PPV isn't going to make that person less dead.

That's the nature of this business, for fuck's sake. Either deal with it or get the fuck out. I can't think of anything that might require either man to skip the PPV for a good reason. No volcanoes have gone off, that I know of, and Wolfe is a citizen, so if it's a visa issue it's on Magnus and they should've sorted that shit out by now. So I'm assuming both men are able to be in the country and, thus, have no excuse for the no show.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts