Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Well that's a huge reason why fans have started shitting on Rollins' booking and being the top guy, it isn't believable.
Believable?

Rollins along with Reigns and Ambrose have been presented as main event acts since debuting in November 2012. Rollins had pinned Batista, HHH, Cena, Sting, Orton, Reigns clean (more than once) prior to 2019 so he was firmly established as a main event act well before this year.

It's not like this was Curt Hawkins WWE decided to suddenly give a push to and have him win Rumble and challenge Lesnar after two years of losing every match in 10 seconds.

So it's nothing to do with believability. Rollins was leaving Lesnar laying on his back via curbstomp and taking his title as far back as early 2015 so again this excuse doesn't fly. He is bigger guy than Shawn Michaels so it's not a size thing either

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Roman beat Lesnar and Cena beat Lesnar prior to that.
Well Cena beat pre suplex city hasn't broken the streak Lesnar. That isn't really a big deal. Suplex City decimated Cena and turned him part time.

Reigns did beat Lesnar after losing to him multiple times in a 3 year period. it wasn't even clean. Rollins beat Lesnar SS 19 clean as a whistle and has never taken a lose to him minus MITB cash in.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Ever occur to you that you just really enjoy shitting on things?

The kind of "fan" that fills these threads with Seth hate ... the same ones that hated Reigns for years, the same ones that make the "I never saw what people see in AJ Styles" and "Daniel Bryan is rubbish" threads ...

Why the fuck do you even watch?

"Oh, I don't watch!" half of you reply, but then, why are you still here pissing and moaning like spoiled brats? And it has to be said that people do tend to claim not to be watching WWE's product, but then go into great detail about specific segments and matches and how they all sucked for various reasons.

You know what I hate? Soap operas. I think they are a massive waste of time, written by hacks, full of talentless actors that should be behind the counter at fast food restaurants selling burgers. You know what I don't do? I don't seek out Soap Opera forums, sign up, then watch hours of soap operas just so I can tell soap opera fans how shit the thing they like is.

:eyeroll

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Roman beat Lesnar and Cena beat Lesnar prior to that.
Well Cena beat pre suplex city hasn't broken the streak Lesnar. That isn't really a big deal. Suplex City decimated Cena and turned him part time.

Reigns did beat Lesnar after losing to him multiple times in a 3 year period. it wasn't even clean. Rollins beat Lesnar SS 19 clean as a whistle and has never taken a lose to him minus MITB cash in.
Lesnar pinned Rollins during the incredible triple threat match at Rumble 2015, Cena obviously also involved.

Like I stated previously even back approx 5 years ago Rollins was presented as a serious threat to post streak Lesnar even as a chickenshit heel

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Ironically they waited way too long to beat Brock clean for it to mean anything and waited too long again to capitalize on Seths good will period.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Ironically they waited way too long to beat Brock clean for it to mean anything and waited too long again to capitalize on Seths good will period.
He was beaten clean by Goldberg survivor series 16 so it's not that either.

Most here were proclaiming Rollins fotc after he beat Lesnar when he was never close. Beating Lesnar no question elevated his standing among many fans to a position far above where Vince and the company saw Rollins even.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Let's not get things confused here.

At the beginning of 2019, the fans were only popping for Paul Heyman's introduction. Brock was getting booed out of most arenas because they were sick to death of seeing him as champion. The crowd were almost entirely behind Rollins winning and the pop at WrestleMania was wild. It's only since he became more active on Twitter and went public with his relationship with Becky that he turned into an insufferable hipster.

There's nothing really odd about WWE pushing someone who they invest in. Bryan already had his David vs. Goliath moment twice over at WrestleMania 30; Joe holds next to no credibility as a threat when Lesnar is around; Strowman's chance at a face run as champion is long gone now that his popularity peaked and simmered down; and AJ/Lesnar just isn't a draw.

We can't just pretend like Seth wasn't over as fuck 10 months ago.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

Cena didn’t become part time until after the AJ feud.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Believable?

Rollins along with Reigns and Ambrose have been presented as main event acts since debuting in November 2012. Rollins had pinned Batista, HHH, Cena, Sting, Orton, Reigns clean (more than once) prior to 2019 so he was firmly established as a main event act well before this year.

It's not like this was Curt Hawkins WWE decided to suddenly give a push to and have him win Rumble and challenge Lesnar after two years of losing every match in 10 seconds.

So it's nothing to do with believability. Rollins was leaving Lesnar laying on his back via curbstomp and taking his title as far back as early 2015 so again this excuse doesn't fly. He is bigger guy than Shawn Michaels so it's not a size thing either
Why are you revising history? The ONLY times Rollins got one up on Lesnar was because of J & J security/Authority and Cena FUing Lesnar through a table. Every time it was just the two of them, Rollins got owned like the midcard bitch that he is.

Bringing up him taking Lesnar's title at WM31 is irrelevant because he pinned a beaten and battered Roman, not Lesnar. So yeah, him beating Lesnar clean at SummerSlam while selling an injury is NOT believable especially when he couldn't beat him clean at WM when he wasn't selling an injury going into the match.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
II"
Ever occur to you that you just really enjoy shitting on things?

The kind of "fan" that fills these threads with Seth hate ... the same ones that hated Reigns for years, the same ones that make the "I never saw what people see in AJ Styles" and "Daniel Bryan is rubbish" threads ...

Why the fuck do you even watch?

"Oh, I don't watch!" half of you reply, but then, why are you still here pissing and moaning like spoiled brats? And it has to be said that people do tend to claim not to be watching WWE's product, but then go into great detail about specific segments and matches and how they all sucked for various reasons.

You know what I hate? Soap operas. I think they are a massive waste of time, written by hacks, full of talentless actors that should be behind the counter at fast food restaurants selling burgers. You know what I don't do? I don't seek out Soap Opera forums, sign up, then watch hours of soap operas just so I can tell soap opera fans how shit the thing they like is.

:eyeroll
Lol it's always funny as hell to me when people post and make up their own narratives and ASSUME how I feel about something. Lol I'm not even taking it seriously at all I'm just saying it's kind of comical that out of all the guys who were much more believable opponents didn't get their shot at beating Brock.. nothing more nothing less and I already recently stated that I like the heel direction Seth is going in so it's not an "irrational hate thread" lol but yea keep on "assuming" though smh.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Rollins is a geek. There is no better way to describe him. I have liked some of what he has done throughout his career but he is not very charismatic, his mic work is OK at the very best, and his matches in 2019 I can't recall one that was that great. I know some beat off to that match with AJ but I thought it was extremely over-rated by many (not saying it was awful by any means but it wasn't anything special). I mean he had some good performances in the first half of 2018 with the Triple Threat IC Title match, the match vs Miz and some of the stuff with Ziggler. His multiple matches with Brock, Corbin and Wyatt have all sucked across the board. Nothing redeemable about any of those matches. That Rumble win was about as underwhelming as there has been in awhile. Anyone who want to get mad at me for stating Seth is a geek look no further than that forced involvement with DX/The Clique/nWo that was cringe.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts