Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol doesn't it just seem kinda off and silly(i know that u have to abandon believability in some cases) that out of all the guys in the last 2 to 3 years that came up short against Brock like Randy, Joe, Braun(Joe and Braun especially)Roman, AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan that Seth is the one with the bragging rights of beating Lesnar. I just don't get how out of all these guys that seemed like way more of a threat to Lesnar fell short to a guy that relies on super kicks and aerial offence with no submissions to fall back on(although Seth didnt get a technical clean win) lol it just feels really odd to me. Agree or disagree?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
WWE is illogical. But someone had to beat Lesnar he wasn't going to stay champion forever. It was stupid though that Lesnar had destroyed all those guys and Seth beats him while injured. It kinda diminishes all the people who Lesnar beat while they were healthy.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
We could say stars alligned for Seth.

Brock had to be beaten at that point, people were sick of him holding the title hostage. Seth' lucky star put him against Brock at the best possible time.

And obviously, we can't discount Roman's leukemia. Had he been healthy, I don't think he'd have lost the title and would have had a decisive win over Brock, eventually.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
It won't matter in the long run since Seth is already a heel again and they probably won't go out of their way to acknowledge that he ever beat Lesnar anymore

But yeah, it sucks in hindsight that he got not just one but TWO victories over Brock while far superior talent were left in the dust by Lesnar, Given how crappy the Summer was with Seth as champion, I wouldn't have minded if Lesnar had just never lost the belt to begin with.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Nope. Seth Rollins as a character is on the same level if not higher than the guys mentioned so him beating Brock twice, even though one wasn't clean, isn't an issue. He's a main eventer and was booked strongly ever since he debuted in the WWE, not to mention a fan favorite at the time. This isn't the Miz or Baron Corbin we're talking about.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
So people just gonna act like the fans didn’t go absolutely crazy for Seth beating Brock now? We gonna act like nobody cared? Damn the hatred towards Seth on here is at absurd levels.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So people just gonna act like the fans didn’t go absolutely crazy for Seth beating Brock now? We gonna act like nobody cared? Damn the hatred towards Seth on here is at absurd levels.
Naw I'm not even hating I already said on another post that I feel like Seth's recent heelish antics are leading in a good direction I'm just saying why Seth out of all the other guys who seemed more like legitimate threats to Brock. A big aggressive dude like Joe who fights dirty and will choke u out unconscious in an instant seems way more believable than Seth. Lol and the fans were going even crazier when Daniel Bryan got the upper hand on Brock so I'm not concerned with the crowd reaction on this topic cause some of the other guys I mentioned got just as much or more of a crowd reaction than Seth did.

·
Registered
587 Posts
What a waste. Beating Brock. Brock ending the streak. Brock couldve been just as credible if not more if he had just stayed undefeated. He would win against the same exact guys adding hhh and cena who are the only ones who beat him pre streak I think. You have Lesnar go undefeated from 2012 until now and whoever beats him beats a 15 year streak with the announcers hyping Brock as being the longest undefeated wrestler in wwe history. A feat not even done by Andre the giant. Then you build someone up, who is big and tough but also over with the crowd.

Meanwhile you have Bray Wyatt end the undefeated streak from Taker. Turning into A super version of Bray in the get go. This is not hard booking and its not me talking in hindsight. I said the same damn thing in 2014.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Meh Seth is still a geek and Brock is Brock. Now seth has turned heel he will be squashed by Brock very soon.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Funny thing is that it did nothing for seth. His face run was so weak that not even beating Brock could save it. His heel turn won't matter either. :Cocky
Not only that, the smart fans called this way before the match happened that Rollins will beat Lesnar and it's not going to do anything as Rollins isn't world champion material. The delusional ones didn't agree with that assessment.

Rollins is a D- player at best, and Lesnar for better or worse is one of the few A+ grade stars they have on the roster.

There were a lot of better choices to beat Lesnar; Rusev, Strowman and Joe.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Seth isn't going anywhere. He's going to be on top of the card for the next 5-10 years. He can go around bragging about being the only full time guy who can beat Lesnar for the rest of his career. Not only in 2019, but he also ended Lesnar's title reign in 2015. He really is the beast slayer. Better to give it to that guy then a part timer or a guy like Styles who doesn't have much shelf life or Joe who WWE don't see as a top star.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
First of all, super cool signature pic.

Second, let's say for the sake of argument that fans went crazy when Rollins beat Lesnar. What exactly happened after? Did Rollins set the world on fire after beating the top guy twice? Did he drew some crazy numbers that increased WWE viewership?

No.

He was given the title 4 times, 3 of them at major events and in some way or the other, he beat Lesnar. He flopped on every single count.

Crowd could care less when he was defending the title and were cheering for his opponents to win. That sound like a face FOTC to you?

Imagine someone like Strowman or Bryan, 2 of the most over competitors in the company who were over as face or heel consistently, they both get squashed by Lesnar and Rollins gets to squash Lesnar while not even being half as over as Bryan or Strowman?

I enjoy reading your posts, but I just don't see how you can defend Rollins here.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Lol doesn't it just seem kinda off and silly(i know that u have to abandon believability in some cases) that out of all the guys in the last 2 to 3 years that came up short against Brock like Randy, Joe, Braun(Joe and Braun especially)Roman, AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan that Seth is the one with the bragging rights of beating Lesnar. I just don't get how out of all these guys that seemed like way more of a threat to Lesnar fell short to a guy that relies on super kicks and aerial offence with no submissions to fall back on(although Seth didnt get a technical clean win) lol it just feels really odd to me. Agree or disagree?
Did Randy orton need such an accolade given his career up to now. Dude is already first ballot hall of famer.

Both Joe and styles are over 40 so you wouldn't give it to them

Bryan's career still hangs in balance after brain injuries and no guarantee he sticks around in wwe after next contract is up

So really the options to beat Lesnar who were young, full time, already established enough for fans to buy in, and with probably 5-10 years on top in wwe left were reigns (which they didn't pull trigger on), wyatt, who has become too much of a gimmick or Rollins

·
Registered
7 Posts
Isn’t the bigger issue who is going to take the belt off of Brock? If Roman is stuck with the universal title, who is worthy of taking the more prestigious title off of Brock? You guys don’t want it to Seth lol, would HHH do? The Raw roster looking pretty #noodlearm to me

·
The Babyface of WF
10,806 Posts
You don't need to have credibility in the end since it's purely a circumstance that needed to be covered as Brock had to put someone over eventually, Seth wasn't anywhere close to being the biggest threat to Brock in reality.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Seth isn't going anywhere. He's going to be on top of the card for the next 5-10 years. He can go around bragging about being the only full time guy who can beat Lesnar for the rest of his career. Not only in 2019, but he also ended Lesnar's title reign in 2015. He really is the beast slayer. Better to give it to that guy then a part timer or a guy like Styles who doesn't have much shelf life or Joe who WWE don't see as a top star.
Roman beat Lesnar and Cena beat Lesnar prior to that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts