Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
How many times is he going to return? I swear he's come back like 88 times now.
It's just Vince giving some younger guys their dream matches, and Taker is happy to oblige since it's more money for him. He knows his best days are long long behind him, and squash matches are all he can do now.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Because presentation matters. This isn’t UFC where your watching a real fight. Pro Wrestling is a performance art with the goal of “popping” the crowd. Without the crowd it’s just a bunch of dudes fake fighting in their underware. These empty arena Raw/SDLs are unwatchable.

On top of that WrestleMania is a larger than life spectacle with all the pageantry, special entrances, pyro, 80,0000 screaming fans, etc. That’s why they have it in huge arenas. You can’t have a real WrestleMania in a goddamn warehouse.
I love how everyone acts like their opinion is the actual truth.

I have continued watching Raw without the audience (never watch SD) and I prefer it. I can actually hear the guys talking smack to each other, and no annoying crowd chats to deal with. There's still a crowd watching from home that they're trying to "pop"...

Wrestlemania is about the matches, all the pyro and mile long 10 min intros are a waste. I always prefered Wrestlemania at MSG.

P.S. rumour is some of the Mania matches weren't even taped in the "warehouse"

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,147 Posts

I have continued watching Raw without the audience (never watch SD) and I prefer it. I can actually hear the guys talking smack to each other, and no annoying crowd chats to deal with. There's still a crowd watching from home that they're trying to "pop"...

Wrestlemania is about the matches, all the pyro and mile long 10 min intros are a waste. I always prefered Wrestlemania at MSG.

Good for you, they just tells me your a workrate mark. Unfortunately the majority of the audience doesn’t agree since in-ring work has never drawn a dime and ratings are in the toilet. These empty arena shows are drawing the lowest ratings in the HISTORY of Raw during a time when people are literally trapped in their homes with nothing to do. And there are no sports to compete with.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Man. Look how fucking COOL taker was back when he could lift people ten feet into the sky for that chokeslam.
He had been out injured and was out of shape at this point of his career. Hence keeping the coat on.

Also if xpac doesnt jump then he aint going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

How the fuck is that a rumor when WWE staff have confirmed several matches happened elsewhere?

OT: considering we are getting a “boneyard” match, they aren’t trying to bring ABA taker back. The deadman gimmick is incredibly awkward when you don’t have a crowd going nuts. It was likely a last minute change to drop the deadman gimmick and everyone will pretend it didn’t happen when this is all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
How the fuck is that a rumor when WWE staff have confirmed several matches happened elsewhere?

OT: considering we are getting a “boneyard” match, they aren’t trying to bring ABA taker back. The deadman gimmick is incredibly awkward when you don’t have a crowd going nuts. It was likely a last minute change to drop the deadman gimmick and everyone will pretend it didn’t happen when this is all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hadn't seen it confirmed the other day when I posted

41 - 52 of 52 Posts