Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah don't worry Pyro I won't mention names but I'm pretty sure people said Riley wouldn't ever have any future at all. Well, since the DUI nothing has changed... infact he's gotten more mic time and influence since that. Week before the KOTR tournament he was in a match with "Big Zeke" and actually dominated parts of it. He was not crushed. Then on the KOTR RAW, one of the most important in recent months he OPENS the show with INDIVIDUAL mic time and has what 2 other segments when he's speaking through the night? And still is in the main event, yes with The Miz but still..

I think WWE realize his potential, and ignore the fact he had that DUI. Even though it was mentioned a couple of times, even once by Riley himself when saying he knew how to party (mentioned the internet, and Punk).

So yeah. Owned pretty much.

inb4pyroreplieswith "ALL IT WAS WAS MIC TIME, HE WAS STILL PUT THROUGH TABLE HE'LL BE IN TNA SOON"

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
I'm a Riley hater. I don't remember him dominating Zeke and I think the match only lasted 2 minutes or something and it was satisfying to see him crushed, more of the same please :D.
But he's here to stay so bah.

·
Fighting the feeling...
Behind!
2,528 Posts
Were you watching the same Zeke match as the rest of us? Zeke ran him down lol

·
Banned
542 Posts
Riley could have a big career i just hope he doesnt have anymore outside problems again.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow idiots. The match (if it went by recent weeks) would of been Zeke finish move done. Like Sheamus and Zach Ryder. Thing is, Riley had a period of dominance all be it small, against someone like Zeke. He wasn't made to look retarded like he has recently with Cena and shit. Fact is, he's here to stay whether Pyro or anyone likes it or not ;)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The OP probably was stoned or something

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
inb4pyroreplieswith "ALL IT WAS WAS MIC TIME, HE WAS STILL PUT THROUGH TABLE HE'LL BE IN TNA SOON"
Well, it's the truth. They don't care about him, they've turned him into a comedy characters. Comedy characters have no chance of doing anything meaningful. So...yeah, he's still getting fired.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
The guy i going to be a star, if he can keep himself out of trouble

Someone backstage obviously loves the guy

They let him have the opening promo of the show. That's usually a main-eventer's spot

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it's the truth. They don't care about him, they've turned him into a comedy characters. Comedy characters have no chance of doing anything meaningful. So...yeah, he's still getting fired.
Lmao wow over recent days watching you reply and actually defending the Miz made me think you have some knowledge again. But really... you're basically saying Riley is the new Santino? Wow Pyro, a new low even for you.

OP was stoned? Really? Do I have to link you the parts where Riley was on top?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah don't worry Pyro I won't mention names but I'm pretty sure people said Riley wouldn't ever have any future at all. Well, since the DUI nothing has changed... infact he's gotten more mic time and influence since that. Week before the KOTR tournament he was in a match with "Big Zeke" and actually dominated parts of it. He was not crushed. Then on the KOTR RAW, one of the most important in recent months he OPENS the show with INDIVIDUAL mic time and has what 2 other segments when he's speaking through the night? And still is in the main event, yes with The Miz but still..

I think WWE realize his potential, and ignore the fact he had that DUI. Even though it was mentioned a couple of times, even once by Riley himself when saying he knew how to party (mentioned the internet, and Punk).

So yeah. Owned pretty much.

I know he's staying, but I think WWE will NOT take him seriously again. Thanks to his DUI. He's got alot of potential, BUT HE SCREWED IT UP. So. TNA > WWE

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Lmao wow over recent days watching you reply and actually defending the Miz made me think you have some knowledge again. But really... you're basically saying Riley is the new Santino? Wow Pyro, a new low even for you.

OP was stoned? Really? Do I have to link you the parts where Riley was on top?
I do have knowledge, which is exactly why I know he doesn't have a future. It's obvious, he's a laughing stock. He's a talented guy, but just because he's talented doesn't mean the WWE cares. Santino is talented too, but again, he's looked at as a joke. He should be a future WWE Champion, but he's not headed in the right direction...or even anywhere even remotely resembling the right direction.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know he's staying, but I think WWE will NOT take him seriously again. Thanks to his DUI. He's got alot of potential, BUT HE SCREWED IT UP. So. TNA > WWE
Lmao really... didn't you just read what I put. Since his DUI he's done more on WWE. So yeah, Vince has forgotten about that. IF it was really such a bad thing, they'd act like it never happened like Benoit. Fact is, they don't care because he's talented. Well, I tell a lie. They do care, might delay his push, but if he keeps out of trouble he'll be up there in no time.

Pyro you're the only person looking at him as a joke. Jesus, watch RAW 4 more times over please. He OPENED RAW. There you go. Done. Dusted. Get out of the thread or admit you're wrong.

·
Fighting the feeling...
Behind!
2,528 Posts
Who else would open raw considering Miz won the title the week before? It was always going to be Riley opening the show, doesnt mean shit with regards to a push for him.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Pyro you're the only person looking at him as a joke. Jesus, watch RAW 4 more times over please. He OPENED RAW. There you go. Done. Dusted. Get out of the thread or admit you're wrong.
Please. Everybody looks at him like a joke because that's what they're PORTRAYING him as. From how he gets his ass kicked every appearance, to making public references about his DUI, to how STUPID they made him look when he insinuated to Daniel Bryan that being Miz's bitch is better than being United States Champion. And I'm probably the only person on the entire board who wishes this wasn't happening, and that he was credible and taking the US title off of Bryan, rather than being some goofball who's hanging off Miz's balls. So the fuck WHAT if he opened Raw. What is that supposed to prove? Oh, he came out and talked for a minute, he's the next Triple H. I'm sure.

If you want to believe this nonsense, then go ahead. It'll only make you look bad when he doesn't advance in the company.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lmao really... didn't you just read what I put. Since his DUI he's done more on WWE. So yeah, Vince has forgotten about that. IF it was really such a bad thing, they'd act like it never happened like Benoit. Fact is, they don't care because he's talented. Well, I tell a lie. They do care, might delay his push, but if he keeps out of trouble he'll be up there in no time.
I gotta admit, I WAS SURPRISED when he opened Raw last night. Even though the DUI again and again. But I gotta disagree to you about Benoit, even though both men are really talented. Benoit is already established that time in the WWE, unlike Riley who is until now Miz's bitch. I'm not hatin' on the guy TBH. Pretty talented guy, but as you said, if he keeps out of trouble he'll be up there in no time.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
He opened the show talking about his DUI, Had a little promo with Daniel Bryan where he ultimately said being the Miz's bitch is better than being US Champion.

He was then put through a table by a 61 year old retired wrestler. Yeah, what a guy.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
Yeah... I still don't care about him. He seems like a decent talented, but getting overrated like hell here plus the fact that he's a moron makes me care less about him. He can stick around as Miz's toady for a while though.

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
Riley isn't going anywhere. I could think of far worse ways to get buried and embarassed as opposed to what has happened to Riley. Riley was jobbing way before the DUI. All he has to do is stay out of trouble, maybe get himself a designated driver or you know drink responsibly.

Unless he massively screws up, WWE is not getting rid of him. No way WWE would let a guy with a great look, great mic skills and tons of charisma go unless he chalked up numerous fuck ups.

As far as Im concerned, he screwed up once with his DUI. The NXT 2 finale was a total failure beyond anyones repair. Nobody came out of the segment looking good. He accidentally attacked Percy Watson, who's going to be a nobody in this business.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Pyro™;9094762 said:

And the guy in your avatar has always reminded me of Lance Storm, because he's just THAT serious. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts