Wrestling Forum banner

Lol @ Failed Staredown between Cena and Orton

9477 66
lol

The crowd didn't care about it the first time, but they couldn't let it go. They had to do it again. Face it, not even the kids cheer

Daniel Bryan and Punks confrontation had a loud pop than this epic fail. The first half of the Royal Rumble match was way more exciting btw. All the excitement was gone when the good wrestlers got eliminated.
Reactions: SPCDRI
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
Cena came out to a pop and by the end of his Rumble run was getting his elimination cheered.

Even his home state is tired of seeing him all the god damn time.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I hate to be the ball buster here because there is nothing that I want to see less than Cena/Orton, but I think people are overlooking the fact that it was a predominantly older crowd. I mean, there were Diesel and Booker chants as clear as day. Hell, even Mysterio got booed for 619'ing Diesel, and it was completely audible, and we are talking one of the biggest faces in the company next to Cena. I think its safe to say that the crowd in Boston was a lot older than usual, and we would probable do well to forget about it because if WWE want Cena/Orton, we are getting Cena/Orton.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,672 Posts
I was actually surprised by the lack of reaction. Even the crowd at the sports bar I was at (with a wide range of people from drunken loudmouths, a very enthusiastic Zack Ryder fan, several Cena fanatics, and others) didn't stir at it. I guess it doesn't really work when you've already seen them feud a ton.

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
I was there, and I was literally laughing hysterically at the fact that not a single person cared about it. It was great.

·
Registered
20,051 Posts
Smarky crowds always turn up at the big events [RR, WM and SS]. No surprise.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean, this all one of the loudest crowd we seen on paperview in like 2 years and yet the two biggest face couldn't even get a reaction. I understand, it might have been an older crowd. But this resulted in deafening silence, I could here fat chick breathing in the crowd.

The Rock/Austin staredown @ RR >>>>>>>>>>DanielBryan/CM Punk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cena/Orton

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think you guys are looking to deep into this. You gotta understand these two guys have had like a million staredowns since Orton turned face. The first staredown they had the crowd went crazy. It was after Orton's match on Raw when he faced Barrett with the stipulation that the winner would face Cena on next week's Raw.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I don't think it has as much to do with the "older" crowd as its got to do with the fact that we've all SEEN IT, and its still in our minds. And I don't even mean their tired feud, I'm talking about the small staredowns. Ever since Ortons face turn he and Cena have had these staredowns more than once. The build up to the Championship Scramble match, a couple of times during the Nexus angle, after WrestleMania. They keep testing it, but they don't seem to get that in order to mean something you can't do it every other month.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^^WWEFanatic

that's my point. People are tired of that bullsh1t. We've seen it a million times and those Boston dudes weren't having that.

Reactions: darnok

·
Registered
865 Posts
it was 3 hours into a ppv with about 50+ entrances...everyone had seen it all...

·
Banned
8,974 Posts
I was actually surprised by the lack of reaction. Even the crowd at the sports bar I was at (with a wide range of people from drunken loudmouths, a very enthusiastic Zack Ryder fan, several Cena fanatics, and others) didn't stir at it. I guess it doesn't really work when you've already seen them feud a ton.
It doesn't matter what age the crowd was. Crickets are crickets and you can't use the age of the crowd as an excuse.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't think it has as much to do with the "older" crowd as its got to do with the fact that we've all SEEN IT, and its still in our minds. And I don't even mean their tired feud, I'm talking about the small staredowns. Ever since Ortons face turn he and Cena have had these staredowns more than once. The build up to the Championship Scramble match, a couple of times during the Nexus angle, after WrestleMania. They keep testing it, but they don't seem to get that in order to mean something you can't do it every other month.
This. A staredown between your top two faces at anytime should be something special. They've completely overdone it at this time.

·
Premium Member
35,520 Posts
I think you guys are looking to deep into this. You gotta understand these two guys have had like a million staredowns since Orton turned face. The first staredown they had the crowd went crazy. It was after Orton's match on Raw when he faced Barrett with the stipulation that the winner would face Cena on next week's Raw.
Absolutly. They've done it too many times, had too many matches against each other for it to mean anything.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.