Wrestling Forum banner

281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I thought that was Brodie Lee/Brian Cage? Just the feud Moxley needs to spin-off into -- a feud with Kid Kash's 43 year old cousin with a tramp stamp.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Archer is being saved to interfere at Revolution costing Mox his title match

Setting off an insane feud
I hope not. Fans will be upset if Moxley goes to Archer feud and leaves title picture. It will hurt Moxley momentum when fans want to see him champion. Especially going on to someone he already feuded with and beat in New Japan in December/January. So that would be a major mistake. Moxley needs to be champion by Double or Nothing. Or it will be a WWE level blunder. All the data shows he's too hot not to put title on him.

Having Archer another hired hand from Inner Circle would be over kill at this point. Inner circle already needed help from Santana/Ortiz street thugs and now Cobb. A group of five guys shouldn't need another guy to help on top of that .

If anything Moxley should outsmart Inner Circle at Revolution. Have Inner Circle come out to cheat. But Moxley out smarted them by having Lance Archer on his side come out and fights off the Inner Circle. Leaving Moxley/Jericho one on one in the ring and Moxley beating him.

You can do story of mutual respect Moxley/Archer. With Moxley promising him title opportunity In AEW at some point. While Jericho can say Moxley cheated and needed help from Archer as excuse to losing the title. Even if Archer never actually gets in the ring and only prevents Inner Circle from cheating.

I think something like that works better. Then another hired hand by Inner Circle and Moxley too dumb to realize he might need back up. After Inner Circle has stacked odds against him week after week and beat him up. It Makes sense that the baby face would say I can beat Jericho one on one. But there's no shame in needing help to make sure Inner Circle doesn't cost him the match.

Seeing Archer come out and every One think he's gonna go to the ring to attack Moxley. But turns and goes after Hager and then Guevara. That would be big pop and swerve. Especially if it leads to Moxley winning title a few minutes later.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yea, no way they have Archer start a feud with Mox after his failed title match. Mox continues on with the IC feud because Hager will cost him the match.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Jericho said months ago they had only plans for him until Feb which makes it look like he's going to lose the title, as he has no one left of value to face.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Jericho said months ago they had only plans for him until Feb which makes it look like he's going to lose the title, as he has no one left of value to face.
That was in November. They probably didn't set up long term creative every week beyond Revolution yet. Especially with all the FA wrestlers available. Moxley can take title from Jericho. Then Jericho can go onto feud with Cody or Omega again. Of newcomer like Brodie Lee or Brian Cage.

281 - 287 of 287 Posts