Wrestling Forum banner

261 - 280 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
22,573 Posts
AEW already has a bunch of women who needs work and time and unlike NXT they don't have a PC they can stuff them all in in the meantime.

Conti is hot and has some decent offense but she's someone, if she wants to continue to wrestle, who needs to prove herself outside of a major company before going to another one.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I like Taynara Conti and thing she has a lot of upside. That said, I think she'd be a better fit for MLW with her judo and BJJ background.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any chance Lance Archer shows up tomorrow ?? He had a cryptic Tweet yesterday discussing his future naming all the 5 major companies

Lance Hoyt/Archer Retweeted

Lance Hoyt/Archer

@LanceHoyt

·
16h

No matter where I end up Nxt. I’ll remain The King of Sports Entertainment Wrestling World, while making an All Elite choice. I’ll absolutely make an Impact but do it with Honor in a Ring of one Major League wrestling promotion from USA to Japan and all over the world!
https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/1227044501862088704/photo/1

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Any chance Lance Archer shows up tomorrow ?? He had a cryptic Tweet yesterday discussing his future naming all the 5 major companies

Lance Hoyt/Archer Retweeted

Lance Hoyt/Archer
@LanceHoyt

·
16h

No matter where I end up Nxt. I’ll remain The King of Sports Entertainment Wrestling World, while making an All Elite choice. I’ll absolutely make an Impact but do it with Honor in a Ring of one Major League wrestling promotion from USA to Japan and all over the world!
He referenced WWE(NXT), AEW, ROH & Japan and people still jump on the AEW reference... we will find out soon I guess either way.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
He referenced WWE(NXT), AEW, ROH & Japan and people still jump on the AEW reference... we will find out soon I guess either way.
It's reported by Meltzer and SI. That he was close to signing with AEW. So of course people are gonna jump on AEW stuff part and look at the rest of throwing people off. Just like Killer Kross was still talking about AEW, New Japan and ROH to throw people off. Even though it was known he was likely signed with WWE already.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I think a guy like Cedric Alexander is a very likely case, or even Aleister Black.

Both are kind of flippy guys , who don't seem to be doing much in WWE and they may fit better into AEW.
Cedric Alexander, maybe, although I'm sure he's signed on for five years. And that won't mean anything when he jumps. Not a knock on the guy, but it's Cedric Alexander.

Aleister Black is factored in to be a big player. He's been protected quite well since his introduction and his hot as fuck wife works for the company. He's not going anywhere. Also, I bet he's signed on for five years.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I don't know maybe Cedric can reinvent himself, and look I even said it would be a huge sigh for AEW but the guy is a solid in ring performer.

As far as Black goes honestly I think he's a classic case of creative not knowing what to do with him, once again a very talented in ring perfomer, although his speaking skills and overall charachter work is a bit shoddy, I could very easily see him flopping in WWE and moving to AEW.

Personally I feel AEW should just build their own stars instead of sighing WWE rejects , but to each his own I suppose.
Heyman has lined up a push for Black this year, see if we feel the same in a year for now

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Aliester Black wouldn't be a total surprise as he has said he never really desired to wrestle in wwe, it was never his goal or end game when he started wrestling, it just presented itself at the time and made sense for him. He was perfectly happy with his career as Tommy End working the Euro indies - maybe that has changed, I'm sure the money is way better but the schedule is a grind. He hasn't got his big FA payday though so I think he'd re-sign with WWE for a big five year deal.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think a guy like Cedric Alexander is a very likely case, or even Aleister Black.

Both are kind of flippy guys , who don't seem to be doing much in WWE and they may fit better into AEW.
With Cedric's wife in AEW I can see it even if he's a little boring. I would love Black joining. I feel like AEW would present him much more like NXT did. He doesn't seem to fit the main roster.

·
Registered
444 Posts
undertaker
john cena
chris benoit
kalisto
shockmaster

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Some dirtsheets are reporting that Cobb wasn't the first choice, but was the fall back when the original choice fell through. If this is remotely true I think it means Lance Archer was the first choice and it didn't happen with him. He's a free agent and was reportedly in heavy talks a couple of weeks ago - so it lines up that they wanted to get him signed and debut him right away for this angle. He has a history with Mox in Japan, and Jericho hiring him would make sense as he too was in Japan during the Mox/Archer death match and thus could have reached out to Archer then kayfabe.

·
Registered
22,573 Posts
Some dirtsheets are reporting that Cobb wasn't the first choice, but was the fall back when the original choice fell through. If this is remotely true I think it means Lance Archer was the first choice and it didn't happen with him. He's a free agent and was reportedly in heavy talks a couple of weeks ago - so it lines up that they wanted to get him signed and debut him right away for this angle. He has a history with Mox in Japan, and Jericho hiring him would make sense as he too was in Japan during the Mox/Archer death match and thus could have reached out to Archer then kayfabe.
Archer does kind of fit the look of a "hired gun" or a "bounty hunter" more than Cobb. Cobb like's an Olympic Wrestler, which he is. Archer looks like this crazy mercenary.

I like Cobb well enough, but I feel like his hype will wear off quick the more he's exposed while Archer has more of a chance to break out, IMO.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Archer does kind of fit the look of a "hired gun" or a "bounty hunter" more than Cobb. Cobb like's an Olympic Wrestler, which he is. Archer looks like this crazy mercenary.

I like Cobb well enough, but I feel like his hype will wear off quick the more he's exposed while Archer has more of a chance to break out, IMO.
I think it will be bad for Archer to start with a lost.
Cobb fit the spot perfectly.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I agree Archer would have been a better fit if it's the case. I think ideally the hired gun loses but then when IC attacks he helps Moxley fend off the attack as his contract with Jericho ended with the pinfall.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts