Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Best of luck to Kross. He was 3rd on my list of gets after Cage and Eli Drake. He is a great talent and will excel in WWE.
Eli Drake is a guy that AEW really needs to go after depending on when his contract with the NWA is up. He's very over there and clearly belongs on a bigger stage/national television. Not sure why his name isn't brought up more. Him and MJF trading promo's on the mic would be gold.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Eli Drake is a guy that AEW really needs to go after depending on when his contract with the NWA is up. He's very over there and clearly belongs on a bigger stage/national television. Not sure why his name isn't brought up more. Him and MJF trading promo's on the mic would be gold.
Yes sir. Eli Drake is one major storyline on a major show like AEW or, even grander, WWE, away from being a star. He has "it" in spades.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I’ve come around on Eli Drake. Thought he was a bad Rock parody at one point, but he’s since won me over in the NWA.

AEW won’t touch him because his wrestling philosophy is too psychology-based. He didn’t want to work with Tessa because it’s a bit silly, and that will make him a misogynist to that crew. Much more likely he ends up in NXT. They had him once and cut him, but they could definitely use some personality guys.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I’ve come around on Eli Drake. Thought he was a bad Rock parody at one point, but he’s since won me over in the NWA.

AEW won’t touch him because his wrestling philosophy is too psychology-based. He didn’t want to work with Tessa because it’s a bit silly, and that will make him a misogynist to that crew. Much more likely he ends up in NXT. They had him once and cut him, but they could definitely use some personality guys.
AEW fans who have been clamoring for intergender wrestling (because empowerment I guess), need to realize that this is going to deter a lot of talented wrestlers and make their decision to sign to NXT a lot easier (besides all the potential dream matches); perception means everything. Guys like MJF, Darby, and LAX signed with AEW over WWE, but this came at a time when AEW was all about potential, but now they've settled in and talented athletes on the independents are able to see what it is.

Also, it appears that whoever wrote the initial report about Mance Warner potentially joining AEW, jumped the gun.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Does anyone know how NWA/ Corgan's contracts work? He can't be offering high end deals with $15 PPV's and TV on You Tube. Does he contract his guys out to other indies for the rest of the year for a fee??? . Eli Drake would be a welcome addition to AEW. A real good, smug heel who the fans who love.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Does anyone know how NWA/ Corgan's contracts work? He can't be offering high end deals with $15 PPV's and TV on You Tube. Does he contract his guys out to other indies for the rest of the year for a fee??? . Eli Drake would be a welcome addition to AEW. A real good, smug heel who the fans who love.
It's also possible that AEW hasn't gone after Drake because they feel he's too similar to MJF but in my opinion, you can never have too many good heel workers that are exceptional on the mic.

In terms of him not wanting to job to Tessa, I don't blame him because it isn't believable that she could beat him in a real fight. With the intergender wrestling, they should only have women beat men that it's believable that they could really beat up. As an example, I believe that Tessa or another woman can beat up someone like Jungle Boy or Marko Stunt.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
It's also possible that AEW hasn't gone after Drake because they feel he's too similar to MJF but in my opinion, you can never have too many good heel workers that are exceptional on the mic.

In terms of him not wanting to job to Tessa, I don't blame him because it isn't believable that she could beat him in a real fight. With the intergender wrestling, they should only have women beat men that it's believable that they could really beat up. As an example, I believe that Tessa or another woman can beat up someone like Jungle Boy or Marko Stunt.
They did go after Drake. They just couldn't agree on deal.

AEW, there was interest there. We kind of had a deal worked out, but that ended up falling through. And then, I talked to Ring Of Honor. I talked to NWA. The most appealing offer I had was from NWA with Billy Corgan and Dave Lagana. So at this point, I feel like it [has] got such a buzz. Obviously, it's brand new and who knows where it's going to go or what it's going to do? It's on YouTube now. I know a lot of people kind of look down at that, but you have to look at it like it is accessible to anybody anywhere. Maybe that seems a little low rent in some sense, but I actually think it's kind of rock 'n' roll, which is exactly what Billy is. As he says, he innovates in the space he is given and I think that's the way to go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They did go after Drake. They just couldn't agree on deal.

AEW, there was interest there. We kind of had a deal worked out, but that ended up falling through. And then, I talked to Ring Of Honor. I talked to NWA. The most appealing offer I had was from NWA with Billy Corgan and Dave Lagana. So at this point, I feel like it [has] got such a buzz. Obviously, it's brand new and who knows where it's going to go or what it's going to do? It's on YouTube now. I know a lot of people kind of look down at that, but you have to look at it like it is accessible to anybody anywhere. Maybe that seems a little low rent in some sense, but I actually think it's kind of rock 'n' roll, which is exactly what Billy is. As he says, he innovates in the space he is given and I think that's the way to go.

Maybe The Elite we’re afraid that Drake might over more than their chosen friends and nixed the deal in the end.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
AEW fans who have been clamoring for intergender wrestling (because empowerment I guess), need to realize that this is going to deter a lot of talented wrestlers and make their decision to sign to NXT a lot easier (besides all the potential dream matches); perception means everything. Guys like MJF, Darby, and LAX signed with AEW over WWE, but this came at a time when AEW was all about potential, but now they've settled in and talented athletes on the independents are able to see what it is.

Also, it appears that whoever wrote the initial report about Mance Warner potentially joining AEW, jumped the gun.
Everyone rumored to sign with AEW have signed somewhere else. I am skeptical of Lee and Archer signing with them, and will believe it when it happens.

Violence against women on TV is not a good look for a promotion in 2020.

·
WF's #1 AlphaMalePoster
260 Posts
I don't mind men wrestlers here and there doing something shocking to a women like putting one through a table etc just for the shock factor but inter-gender matches do nothing for me personally.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
1) Even Baker is better than her in the ring
2) She still under contract with WWE, so unless WWE decide to let her go she will have to wait until the end of her contract.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
If there was interest and AEW wanted him. I don't think it had anything to do with Elite not wanting him. They would have never got to the point of talking a deal for that to happen. The deal likely fell apart over either money, amount of days worked or where else Drake would be allowed to work.

I know they wanted Nick Atlas at first too. But AEW wouldn't let him do NWA stuff if he signed. Maybe whenever Drake NWA deal is up he will to back to AEW and agree to do whatever he wouldn't before.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If that's true about Conti then sign her. I don't care what she's like in the ring, she is smokin'.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Taynara in NXT - she’s green, can’t work, is only there because of her looks.

Taynara in AEW - she’s a legit bad-ass and looks amazing.

241 - 260 of 287 Posts