Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Under the assumption that AEW is around for at least 5 years, who are wrestlers around the world you think are absolutely locks to show up in AEW?

Here is my list:
Adam Cole
Kevin Owens (Steen)
Kota Ibushi
Luke Harper
Marty Scurll

Reasoning: Cole's best friends and significant other are in AEW he will join them eventually. Owens shares that same friend group and once his contract is up he'll likely have accomplished all he can in WWE. He'll want creative freedom and to be with the Bucks. Kota will eventually pop up due to Kenny. Harper just wants out of WWE and I think AEW is where he wants to be. Scurll is already being teased.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Yeah Owens isn't a lock. Hunter loves him like Seth. And him and Owen love the WWE. But anything is possible

Hammerstone
Mance warner
Jacob fatu

From WWE
Revival
Orton
(Both have a connection to Cody)
And every non nxt talent basically until Vince fucks off

·
Registered
930 Posts
TOP contact ending soon 2020 - 2021

Tyler Breeze, Dana Brooke, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy AEW//Impact

#5. Sami Zayn (Jan 2021) Can go back to ROH

#4.Carmella (2021) If she continues to cause tension backstage, she’ll be out the door.

#3. Cesaro (2021) New Japan maybe?

#2. Luke Harper
(2020) AEW

#1. Randy Orton (2020) I think this guy want free time to go to Hollywood like Cena, Batista... Could stay in the WWE on a part time contact

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't think anybody is a "lock" to join AEW. For example, Anderson and Gallows were rumoured to be intent on leaving WWE, yet they quickly signed new contracts when more money was offered. It really depends on the circumstances surrounding contract negotiations. We know who might be more likely, but there aren't really any locks.

With regards to who is more likely, we've seen several names floating around: The Revival, Rusev, Marty Scurll, and Luke Harper. There are possibilities whereby AEW stand a chance, including Randy Orton and Sasha Banks.

To those mentioning Kota Ibushi, did he not sign a lifetime contract with NJPW? Now, there may be a future partnership between NJPW and AEW, in which he could appear, yet he would still be contracted to NJPW's roster.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,181 Posts
Kevin Owens will retire under WWE contract

Kota obviously has connections but I could just easily picture him sticking with NJPW forever. Hell, I could see him winning the IWGP Heavyweight Title and then immediately vacating it and retiring from wrestling altogether he is a weird, weird cat. Unpredictable, so far from being a lock

My locks

1. Marty Scurrl

This one is self explanatory, he's one of the most popular former cast members of BTE. He's good friends with the AEW leadership irl

2. Eddie Kingston

I love NWA Power but it's got small odds of ever expanding beyond its niche. Kingston is the best mic worker in the world and that means he's worth making real TV money. WWE has never, ever been interested in him so I see AEW as pretty fricken inevitable

3. Brian Cage

Based on the rumors of him supposed to have appeared at Double or Nothing, I think he'd already be in AEW if it were up to him.

Idk, I think everyone else is up for grabs. WWE is aggressive in starving the competition of talent and MLW and impact are still convincing people to sign with them too. AEW already lost Kylie Rae to Impact. There are lots of options for talent in 2020, hard to say anyone is really a lock

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Marty Scurrl
Brian Cage
Sami Zayn
Revival
Luke Harper
Bandido
Rey Misterio
Rush
Tessa Blanchard
Taya Valkyrie
I think he's there until he retires until his son debuts.

I think this is a more realistic list. I'm still not sure on the Revival. I think it will come down to if it's about the creative side or all about making as much money as they can.

I could see Rush going WWE way to join his mate Andrade.

Scrull is a matter of when really. Tessa and Taya could go either way. I throw in Flip Gordon too will more then likely going AEW way. Brian Cage too I could see going AEW way for sure.

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
No locks. Orton is just leveraging AEW for his dream contract from WWE and he'll get it. Revival will stay in WWE because of the money when it's all said and done. Cole will be pushed to the moon in WWE and will have no reason to leave. Odds much higher that Britt joins him there eventually.

Harper is probably closest I'd say to a lock as he's still riding out his remaining months and still seems intent on leaving.

I think Cage probably goes Elite because he couldn't pass a WWE Wellness test.

Tessa seems like a near lock for WWE - they'll throw crazy money at her and they have the much better women's roster to entice her with as well.

·
Registered
22,935 Posts
I dont think Steen and Cole are very likely. Both have always wanted to be in The E and are top guys. I see more "wwe guys" going such as Rusev and Ziggler. Could see zayn aswell
Ziggler's had chances before to leave WWE and he never did. I doubt that changes. Rusev & Zayn? Maybe.

TOP contact ending soon 2020 - 2021

Tyler Breeze, Dana Brooke, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy AEW//Impact

#5. Sami Zayn (Jan 2021) Can go back to ROH

#4.Carmella (2021) If she continues to cause tension backstage, she’ll be out the door.

#3. Cesaro (2021) New Japan maybe?

#2. Luke Harper
(2020) AEW

#1. Randy Orton (2020) I think this guy want free time to go to Hollywood like Cena, Batista... Could stay in the WWE on a part time contact
What tension has Carmella caused? What, the stuff with Corey Graves?

1 - 20 of 331 Posts