Wrestling Forum banner

Lockdown in Cincinnati Card?

1870 Views 26 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Boh
Anybody have any idea on what the Card for the PPV will be?

My Card would be...

World Title Match
Sting(c) vs Mr. Anderson vs RVD

Lethal Lockdown Match
AJ Styles/Kazarian/James Storm/Robert Roode vs Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy/Shannon Moore/Jesse Neal

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett

Knockouts Title Match
Madison Rayne(c) vs Mickie James

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez

Bully Ray vs Devon

Samoa Joe vs The Pope

For team advantage in the Lethal Lockdown Match
Kazarian vs Shannon Moore

That's my card folks, to bad the Joe/Pope feud hasn't been booked very well by the promotion.

What you guys think will go down? Oh... I'd have RVD winning the Big Belt......
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Oh the irony of Jeff Hardy being in a cell match.

Your card looks good, I'd watch it.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
World Heavyweight Championship
Sting(c) vs Mr. Anderson vs RVD vs Jeff Hardy

World Tag Team Championship
Beer Money(c) vs Ink Inc. (I'd like GenMe instead of Ink)

X Championship

Robbie E(c) vs Kazarian

Knockout Championship

Lethal Lockdown
Team Dixie (AJ Styles(c), Doug Williams, Matt Morgan, Scott Steiner and Crimson) vs Team Hogan (Abyss(c), Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Hernandez and Rob Terry)

'I Quit' Cage Match
The Pope vs Samoa Joe

Bully Ray vs Brother Devon

I'm pretty sure about Angle/Jarrett, Joe/Pope, Ray/Devon and Maddie/Mickie. Four great blow-offs.

· Registered
1,928 Posts

My Card would be...

World Title Match

Lethal Lockdown Match
AJ Styles/Kazarian/James Storm/Robert Roode vs Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy/Shannon Moore/Jesse Neal

Knockouts Title Match

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez

Bully Ray vs Devon

Samoa Joe vs The Pope

That's my card folks, to bad the Joe/Pope feud hasn't been booked very well by the promotion.

I had Fortune vs. The Hardys, Ric Flair, & Abyss, but teaming up the Hardys and Ink Inc is even better, it just makes the whole match full-blown work-rate. If Matt is in LL, then Jeff should be, too. I just wish there was another place for RVD, because I don't want to see another 3-way babyface whc match. I'd rather they make a big deal out of the first ever meeting between Sting and Anderson.

The rest of the card looks spot on, lot of blowoff matches. If they want to go really big for that "man advantage" match, I'd make it Styles/Matt Hardy again. Imagine that as the OPENER.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Haven't heard anything about the Ochocinco/Lewis thing lately though...
Which means their people probably told TNA to fuck off.

That card looks about right, but you never know with this company.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had Fortune vs. The Hardys, Ric Flair, & Abyss, but teaming up the Hardys and Ink Inc is even better, it just makes the whole match full-blown work-rate. If Matt is in LL, then Jeff should be, too. I just wish there was another place for RVD, because I don't want to see another 3-way babyface whc match. I'd rather they make a big deal out of the first ever meeting between Sting and Anderson.

The rest of the card looks spot on, lot of blowoff matches. If they want to go really big for that "man advantage" match, I'd make it Styles/Matt Hardy again. Imagine that as the OPENER.
I like Flair, but he should just keep the Wrestling Boots at Home...

I was kinda thinking the same thing about the Main Event, even though it will be in a cage, it's pretty similar to the Bound For Glory Main Event. Sting vs Anderson would be fine, but... from now until Lockdown, if you get Anderson doing heelish things (like last thursdays backstage attack on Sting) then he can work as the heel in the match.

Plus, imagine a spot when RVD hits his frog splash from the top of the cage on to Anderson......

Which means their people probably told TNA to fuck off.
Yeah true, but if it does happen, I'd book it for the pre show... but TNA will probably want it in the actual PPV...

· Banned
446 Posts
I completely agree with the person who started this thread.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting (c) vs. Mr.Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam

Lethal LockDown Match
Fortune(AJ Styles/Kazarian/Robert Roode/James Storm) vs. Immortals(Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy/Shannon Moore/Jesse Neal) w/Ric Flair

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez

TNA Knockouts Championship Match
Madison Rayne(c) vs. Mickie James

Bully Ray vs. Brother Devon

Samoa Joe w/Okato vs. D'Angelo Dinero

Shannon Moore vs. Kazarian

and maybe:

TNA Television Championship Match
Abyss (c) vs. Crimson

· Registered
1,509 Posts
TNA World Title

Lethal Lockdown - Immortal vs Fortune - Loser Disbands
Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Abyss, Rob Terry, & Ink Inc. vs AJ Styles, Kazarian, Scott Steiner, Crimson, & Beer Money

Madison Rayne vs Mickie James

Bully Ray vs Brother Devon

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez

Samoa Joe vs The Pope

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
I think we are all generally thinking along the same lines. Will TNA actually follow these feuds to some kind of semi-logical conclusion? I have my doubts.

My Card:

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
“The Antichrist” Jeff Hardy (c)
Vs. “Mr. Pay Per View” Rob Van Dam
- The Match that should have NEVER happened on TV. Might as well sell a rematch in a cage where shenanigans will be kept to a minimum.

LETHAL LOCKDOWN: FORTUNE VS. IMMORTAL
AJ Styles, Kazarian, Kurt Angle, & Beer Money Inc
Vs. Matt Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair, & Ink Inc.
- Some type of Fortune Vs. Immortal LL match will happen. That much is obvious. The actually participants are mostly guess work though. I know having Kaz & BMI in there means no Tag or X title matches (assuming they keep their titles past VR...which they probably should), but with a card loaded with cage matches, do we really need an abundance of title matches as well? Also, I put Kurt & Jeff in here since we've done the singles matches multiple times already (4 on PPV) and I think they could easily fit them in here to add to this match. And yes, I think we all think II will align with Immortal. Surprised they haven't done it already given Moore & Hardy's friendship.

CONTENDERS MATCH
“The Icon” Sting
Vs. Mr. Anderson
- I'm basing this off this week's Impact. Anderson wants a title rematch he's never gotten and now he has to get through Stinger to get it. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to RVD at VR and then cost Sting the title out of frustration over Sting getting the title match that should have been his.

DOOMSDAY CHAMBER OF BLOOD
Matt Morgan, Crimson, & Scott Steiner
Vs. Hernandez, Abyss, & Rob Terry
- They seem to have a lot of big guys in feuds here & there. Morgan/Mex, Steiner/Terry, & when Abyss comes back, its natural to put him up against Crimson. Since three of the big guys are all associated with Immortal, why not just do this big man heavyweight display and let them have a violent power match?

TABLE MATCH
Brother Devon
Vs. Bully Ray
- I thought about making this a tag match with Devon & Dreamer going up against Ray & a partner. That seemed to be the logical way to go, but I couldn't think of a good partner to give Ray. Maybe bring Raven back for a one off or something. Whatever the case, I hope this feud ends at Lockdown and then they all leave.

GRUDGE MATCH
“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe
Vs. “The Pope” D”Angelo Dinero
- Pretty obvious given their "storyline" and I use that term very loosely.

TNA KNOCKOUT CHAMPIONSHP
Madison Rayne (c)
Vs. Mickie James
- Again, pretty much expected. Mickie will want Madison in a situation where there is no interference. Cage Match. There you go.

X DIVISION CONTENDERS XSCAPE MATCH
Jay Lethal Vs. Amazing Red Vs. Chris Sabin
Vs. Max Buck Vs. Jeremy Buck Vs. Robbie E
- No X Title doesn't mean there can't be X Division on the show!

· Registered
3,147 Posts
TNA World Championship- Sting (c) vs. Mr. Anderson

(Team Immortal) Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Abyss, and Ric Flair vs. (Team Fortune) AJ Styles, Kazarian, and Beer Money

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

Scott Steiner vs. The Pope

Brother Ray vs. Brother Devon

Rob Van Dam vs. Samoa Joe

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez

That's how I would book it at least, they'll probably just do Pope/Joe again. I doubt RVD is in the title match since they've been de-pushing since he's clearly stale, could see RVD vs. Jeff Hardy with somebody replacing Jeff on Team Immortal. I really think Hogan should wrestle though for Team Immortal, good opportunity to put him in a match where he doesn't really have to do shit since there's so many people.

· Registered
453 Posts
I think they need to do away with the Lethal Lockdown match. The ring is too small to have that many guys in it, making it boring and plodding, like last year's. They should bring back the two-ring concept from WCW's Wargames.

· Registered
3,147 Posts
I think Angle will be in the LLD match,Based on that Impact"Road to Lockdown"video him talking about taking down Immortal!

I pretty much agree with the rest of the card though!
Angle vs. Jarrett will happen, they won't be in Lethal Lockdown. They haven't had a singles match to blow off their feud yet and aren't wrestling tomorrow at Victory Road. It's the hottest feud in TNA. The video that aired could have been taped when the plan was still to bring back the Main Event Mafia.

· Registered
420 Posts
The only ones I see as pretty much locked to be at Lockdown at:

-Madison/Mickie (Mickie finally gets the win here, hopefully another Thesz Press off the cage)
-Ray/Devon (I think Bully Ray goes over and begin another feud)
-RVD/Sting/Anderson in a 3-way or Sting vs. either one
-Team Immortal vs. Team Fortune (still unsure exactly who would represent Immortal though since both Hardys and Jarrett could likely be involved in other matches)

Why is everyone assumming Ink Inc. will be with Immortal? Are they expected to turn with Immortal since they're somewhat feuding with Beer Money?

· Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,159 Posts

My Card would be...

World Title Match

Lethal Lockdown Match

Knockouts Title Match

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez

Bully Ray vs Devon

Samoa Joe vs The Pope

It'll be close to that, thought I do think it'll be Sting/Anderson for the title, RVD/Jeff to finally close that out and Fortune minus Kaz, Steiner & Crimson vs. Immortal consisting of Abyss, Matt Hardy, Gunner, Murphy & Rob Terry. Kaz will be thrown into a gimmick X-Division match.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It'll be close to that, thought I do think it'll be Sting/Anderson for the title, RVD/Jeff to finally close that out and Fortune minus Kaz, Steiner & Crimson vs. Immortal consisting of Abyss, Matt Hardy, Gunner, Murphy & Rob Terry. Kaz will be thrown into a gimmick X-Division match.
RVD/Jeff Hardy could be a great, great cage match...

· Registered
3,836 Posts
my Prediction for Lockdown 2011.

Sting(c) vs Mr. Anderson vs RVD for the World Title.

AJ Styles and Kazarian and James Storm and Robert Roode and Matt Morgan vs Scott Steiner and Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal and Hernandez in a Lethal Lockdown Match.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett.

Madison Rayne(c) vs Mickie James for the Knockouts Title.

Bully Ray vs Devon.

Samoa Joe vs The Pope

Angelina Love vs Velvet Sky.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.