Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was watching Monty Python and The Holy Grail. This isnt a rant about the movie, which is the funniest Ive seen. Anyway Im watching it with my dad's girlfriend's daughter and her friend. And at a point in the movie I say, "doesnt exist". Now Im refering to the Holy Grail. She's Jewish and didnt know exactly what it was. I told her that it was the cup used my Jesus at the Last Supper before he died. I then told her that it was lost or destroyed. Then she started saying, joking of course, that they found a piece of paper that Jesus wipped his ass with, or one of his sandles. I thought it was hillarous. You have to know her to not be offended if you're Christian. But it got me thinking. Who cares. I mean illegedly the actuall cross that Jesus died on was found. But even if it wasnt the actual cross, it doesnt matter. It doesnt matter if it was found. And also Golgetha, or the spot where Jesus was Crusified, there is a church over it. But now some are saying that the spot is a foot or so from where the shrine is. It doesnt matter. The Way of the Cross. The route of today is not the same that Jesus took while carrying his Cross, but it doesnt matter. The location of the Garden Tomb where Jesus was burried, it doesnt matter. None of it matters. This isnt about the location of anything, but who killed Jesus the Jews or Romans? It doesnt matter. Besides His life wasnt taken, it was given. Locations dont matter if you believe. The way I see it, historians are making too big a deal out of where the events took place and forget the signifigants of the events.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I think the reason they try to find the location, or idems or stuff, is to prove it right or to prove it wrong. Some people have to have factual stuff or physical idems for them to believe. Visa Versa. Some that do believe may want to go to the place of events. Or at least this is what i'm guessing.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
I think it matters to a certain extent. Like C Mo said sometimes it's important so they can prove that it is real. But sometimes it doesn't matter.

But it's allways good to know the truth about that stuff.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Location has everything to do with religion. If you had been descended from an arab you'd most likely be muslim rather than christian. But I don't regard any culture as any more retarded than any other culture. If you go anywhere around the world you'll probably find about the same amount of religious morons throughout. Of course, you will probably just find a lot of morons in general. But religious seems to be the most predominant variety.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts