Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(note: this doesn't have to be taken literally as I know some of these people have other obligations. That's why I worded as IF they became AVAILABLE. Have fun with your suggestions!)

1. Super Crazy

I was watching BLOOD SPORT: ECW: The Most Violent Matches DVD this morning and saw Super Crazy and remembered how awesome he was and always usually is. So I'd like to see him in TNA in a Mexican or Latino stable, or even just kicking ass and becoming X-division champion.

2. The Briscoes.

I saw one live match of theirs in Cleveland, OH a few years back. They tore the house down literally brawling in the crowd hardcore style. They seem to have a nice underground following and would be great against the MCMG.

3. Paul Heyman

Pull the plug on Bischoff and Hogan and give the creative (not financial) reigns to this man. He is one of the greatest minds in the wrestling business period...and I mean at the very top.

4. One Man Gang

For purely nostalgic purposes. Maybe a manager role as an enforcer. Just like his badass look and name.

5. Goldberg

Except this time, instead of destroying everyone, maybe Fortune destroys Bill and it's too much to overcome so he needs to make alliances.

6. Chris Harris

In a one off storyline where he tries to reform AMW except Storm isn't having any of it and he's destroyed by beer money, doused in beer and $1 bills, made to wear a "Wildcat" cartoon cat head, and then sent out the Impact Zone in a wheel barrel never to be seen again.

7. Bobby the Brain Heenan

Plenty of all-around potential in front of cameras or behind the scenes.

8. Marty Jannetty

Gets so much flack and is now the butt of jokes all around. "Who's the Jannetty?" Marty is a solid, solid, wrestler. The superkick made famous by Shawn Michaels used to be a double-team Rockers move. Marty is almost Shawn's ghost but because of personal problems, never flourished. In a perfect world, Marty has conquered his personal demons and now gets to finally have one last run at glory. Surely a TV championship would be an adequate or crowning achievement for this man.

9. Balls Mahoney

Was a reliable worker for McMahon and could add to the hardcore contingent over in TNA.

10. Road Warrior Animal

He can still go in the ring at his age. A legend in tag team wrestling. Could mentor/manage Ink Ink.

11. Randy Savage

The young talent could verbally tear him down for his failed rap career and he could finally settle things with the Hulkster. Jay Lethal vs. Savage would be an obvious match.

12. Tracy Smothers

I missed all the Hardcore Justice stuff so is he employed or not? Either way, an unsung hero, this guy can put people over much like Ric Flair has done in his career. A solid old schooler.

13. Vader

is apparently wrestling again, so let's see the big man go once more. Competition is fierce in TNA. Vader vs. Matt Morgan could be interesting.

14. Sid Vicious

also vs. Matt Morgan would be interesting. Old vs. New. Big, tall, in shape brutes wrestling for bragging rights.

15. Warrior

this guy is perfect for TNA's current direction. Overly opinionated, I'm sure his controversial opinions would make air-time in the quasi-reality show that is TNA. He could shoot about how everyone tries to meet the bar that he set and even blatantly copied his entrances (Batista) but never had the power of the Warrior! He could shoot off on Hogan too, while being poked fun at by the likes of the Guns.

16. Sunny

Sunny's hot. An angle where she seduces the Young Bucks away from Tara would be cool.

I'll think of more, but go ahead...post your missing members of TNA's fantasy roster.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Re: Living wrestlers/talent not in TNA that'd you'd want in TNA if they became availa

About the only people from your list I'd even consider would be the Briscoes to help the tag division since Heyman's obviously wouldn't sign. Is One Man Gang even still alive?

Chris Hero would be great in singles or in the Kings Of Wrestling team, wouldn't mind Haas or Benjamin either.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Re: Living wrestlers/talent not in TNA that'd you'd want in TNA if they became availa

Iron Shiek and New Jack.

·
Registered
665 Posts

Macho Man Randy Savage
Needs to come back to the world of Wrestling one more time to finish things with Hulk Hogan. I would like Savage to mold Jay Lethal and to finally get a victory over Hogan, it's the one thing in his career that he hasn't done.

The Rock
Similar to Hulk Hogan's wrestling return in 1994 to WCW. The Rock coming into TNA would bring a world of media and new wrestling fans to the TNA product. I think that The Rock vs. AJ Styles would make for some great matches.

Trish Stratus
She's another talent that has done so much and has a huge fan base. If Trish Stratus came to TNA she could rock the company in a way it has never seen. I think it would be cool to see here in feuds with the beautiful people.

Christopher Daniels
At this point in time, I think Christopher Daniels could be the saviour of TNA Wrestling. I think the Fallen Angel, if booked correctly, can take out Jeff Hardy and Immortal. That would be huge for TNA and would mean the rise of another TNA home grown talent.

That's my list. It's very small because I think these people would bring in what's missing most in the company... more exposure.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Paul Heyman with creative control would make the show just fantastic! One of those "shame it'll never happen" deals, IMO.

Other than that, what the really need is some kind of super charismatic face(in the vein of The Rock, or late Attitude era Jericho, when he could say what he wanted), about the one thing I can see missing, but I haven't been watching it all that long.

So far most of their faces seem utterly meh.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts

Brock Lesnar, he'd up the viewership and make it seem a little bit more real.

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,898 Posts

Heyman or some other new booker with fresh ideas. You could get Cena, Orton, and Taker to all come at once and somehow Russo and Hogan would find a way to make them irrelevant in 3 weeks.

They also need to get more exposure, maybe on a major network late night or getting some endorsements for their guys that link them to TNA.

I don't know if TNA could possibly have done less with their current roster. They have a great roster and are doing a lot of good things but no one knows about them

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts

:lmao

Thanks for making this thread Mr. Russo.

Can't wait for the epic Super Crazy vs. One Man Gang match at Genesis. With a comatose Bobby Heenan on commentary.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Macho Man Randy Savage
Needs to come back to the world of Wrestling one more time to finish things with Hulk Hogan. I would like Savage to mold Jay Lethal and to finally get a victory over Hogan, it's the one thing in his career that he hasn't done.
Dye the gray hair back to brown, get in ring shape, and get the Madness goin all over again...flying elbow drop of the top rope into the Hulkster at Bound for Glory, as part of a double main event...clean pin, 1.2.3. Score settled. Awesome.
Trish Stratus
She's another talent that has done so much and has a huge fan base. If Trish Stratus came to TNA she could rock the company in a way it has never seen. I think it would be cool to see here in feuds with the beautiful people.
Good pick. Trish could also go heel and 'take-over' the B.P. or just expand it as a faction.

Goldberg, Rock, & Austin.
I can't believe I left out Austin. Of course Steve Austin. Could even go back to being Stunning Steve Austin or maybe if it isn't also copyrighted The Texas Rattlesnake, Steve Austin. He'd MAKE TNA. Plain and simple. One of the biggest draws ever, could align with beer money (for obvious reasons) then turn on them, for obvious reasons. As far as The Rock, I'd have to pass on him now a days because he's done too many kid movies but Austin's movie roles have been less for kids.

:lmao

Thanks for making this thread Mr. Russo.

Can't wait for the epic Super Crazy vs. One Man Gang match at Genesis. With a comatose Bobby Heenan on commentary.
Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread, well other than ignorance and bad taste. :flip

·
Don't Hate The Player
2,012 Posts

TNA will hire anybody whos not dead

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts

Iron Sheik and Scott Steiner for commentators thats it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

The more I thing about this, a great wrestler who'd suit TNA perfectly, Yoshihiro Tajiri....

Not as main eventer, but definatly upper midcard.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Scott Steiner
Randy Savage
Goldberg
Scott Hall

i wouldnt take anyone from current WWE, they all seem so boring. especially HHH, Edge, Orton and Cena.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

TNA will hire anybody whos not dead
Not anymore really...at least not as bad. The older TNA would, but while still a bit inept with the people the Hogan wave brought in (Orlando Jordan., Ken Anderson, Pope, Kendrick for example) that's still not as bad as the old days of TNA where they brought in (for a lot of money that one guy...Adam 'Pacman' Jones, or Junior Fatu, Hermie Satler, Tomko (arguable) as their newest 'acquisitions'.

The more I thing about this, a great wrestler who'd suit TNA perfectly, Yoshihiro Tajiri....
Damn straight. Tajiri kicks ass.

Scott Steiner
i wouldnt take anyone from current WWE, they all seem so boring. especially HHH, Edge, Orton and Cena.
Half agree. Outta that group I'd take Edge, and someone else said Christian who's already been in TNA and got buried when he came back to WWE/ECW. E&C reunion in TNA would be stellar and since TNA gives more freedom on the characters/mic, it'd probably be a lot more interesting.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts

Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread, well other than ignorance and bad taste. :flip
I thought that was your contribution to the thread? Hence my post.

Honestly, if people must play 'Fantasy TNA H.R. Department' at least look at wikipedia and check what these guys have been doing for the past couple of years. Better still, watch one of their matches from the past couple of years. Oh wait! Most of them retired about a million years ago.

Have you even seen what guys like Vader, OMG, Warrior, Smothers, Jannetty and co. look like now? Jesus! I mean most of the guys you mentioned weren't even draws when they were at their peak, 15 years ago. Suggesting that Bobby Heenan should be on camera when he can't even speak anymore is beyond ignorance.

Now you're talking up a 40-year-old Tajiri and a half-crippled Edge? Wow! Please turn out to be a troll, for your own sake.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts

1. Super Crazy
4. One Man Gang

5. Goldberg
7. Bobby the Brain Heenan
8. Marty Jannetty
9. Balls Mahoney
10. Road Warrior Animal
11. Randy Savage
12. Tracy Smothers
13. Vader
14. Sid Vicious
15. Warrior
16. Sunny

·
Registered
12,446 Posts

Signing old guys will only further bush back TNA. You need to get fresh young talent and not guys like Savage,Austin,Rock or whomever guy is over 35 years old. Thats how WCW died,too much focus on old guys that just wont cut it anymore.The reason why TNA has a fan base the way it is, its because of the younger guys and its different from WWE.

Bring in guys like Castagnoli,Hero,Cabana,Briscoes,Strong etc guys like those are the ones you want to bring in. Big names aren't going to cut it for ratings, people want NEW guys from the TNA product

Although there are some exceptions to some guys to bring over like Pope,Anderson and Hardy(if he gets his act together)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts