Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.5 rating according to the observer.

Good stuff, been a while since we've seen that sort of number for Smackdown.

Obviously being on USA alone is a ratings boost.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Well, you can now catch Smackdown on its new home on USA... hopefully

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
"Very nice!"

--Borat

Reactions: amnesiack

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
1) Advertising

2) Live Television

3) NOT on Friday Nights

Yeah, just saying what everybody knows.

It's probably not possible, but if it is, they should do what's right

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Let's also not forget the factor of having three of Raw's bigger names (Miz, Orton, Cena in that order, obviously) heavily advertised as showing up.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Nice. WWE/NBC must really be tempted to go live on Tuesdays after seeing that rating. There are honestly aren't many reasons not to. It's not like NXT is going to be around much longer.

·
The Rise...
3,788 Posts
I don't see why they don't make SmackDown live every week. It adds to the show when you have the "Anything can happen" feel.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Thats pretty damn good. Its nothing GREAT but good.

I was expecting 2.1 maybe. But being on USA Network, Live and on Tuesday is the main reasons. Having Cena and Orton there helped a little but they have tried to have major Raw stars on the show before but they kept drawing 1.8 or whatever.
They also did a solid job of hyping it up on Raw.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
They should really make it live constantly. Friday nights isn't exactly the greatest time, a lot of people in UK at least, dunno about USA, go out on a Friday night. I don't watch Friday nights because I work then, I know I'd watch Smackdown a lot more if it was on a Tuesday.

·
Registered
329 Posts
They really need to move it from Friday Nights. Worst Night i think for it during the week. It should really go to tuesdays

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I'd love for Smackdown to be live, no question. Obviously, a lot of other people feel the same way.

I just hope the next live Smackdown actually showcases Smackdown talent. 60% of the people they had on it were from RAW.

·
Ho!
18,025 Posts
Even though I thought the episode was 80% shit, it's nice to see Smackdown get that rating. My problem is it doesn't even matter. Even casuals and kids know Cena (who is the biggest draw in the company) and Orton (who seems to always be over with the crowd massively when he isn't champ) is on Raw and thus won't tune in next week on the normal Friday show to see anything. They gave Edge some bland ass material, the crowd didn't seem into the show for the most part, and there was only one great match (although featuring all SD superstars), it just isn't enough to tell viewers who are normally Raw-only watchers to come and watch Smackdown. It's not telling them Smackdown is the better brand of the two which is what they should have tried getting across, and even though that's not necessarily true now, since the brand split SD has been the better show a majority of the time, but has been stuck with a lot of burdens, including being the B-Show, moving to Friday Nights, moving to SyFy, not having as many big names as Raw, and not advertised as much as Raw.

Hopefully though with Edge as World Champion and hopefully his feud with Kane ending soon, we'll see more promise in the main event feud at least which would be different from what we've seen in several months. Hopefully we'll also see some of the younger guys get 15 minutes of fame and get to be tested to if they could be legit stars in the future. Edge is decent right now, but he can still have a great match with a great wrestlers, and a bad match with a poor wrestler. He's not going to be carrying matches to show stealing performances in this day and age, but he can hold his own, and he can weed out who will at the end of the day be able to carry a match to being great if need be.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Sad..i remember Smackdown used to score this rating weekly while they were still on upn/cw without being live.
Yes. It's called the Eddie Guerrero Era.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts