Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the site and have been a subscriber for a long time now. Just wanted to send you notes from Raw, I was sitting 2nd row ringside right behind the Raw GM podium (which totally blocked my view from a lot of the matches, and will warrant a complaint to WWE):

After Raw went off the air, CM Punk came out and scared Ricardo Rodriguez into the ring, where John Cena and CM Punk messed with him before Cena gave him the AA, thus blowing off the advertised main event of a triple threat match between him, Punk, and ADR. Afterwards, Cena and Punk shook hands and celebrated. Punk was very cool in coming ringside, signing autographs and taking pictures with people, I've been attending wrestling events since the early 90s and the only big names I've ever seen do that are Big Show, Legion of Doom, and Rey Mysterio just to name a few. Very rare for me to see that at televised events.

Not sure how it came across on TV, but Randy Orton received the biggest pops by far. I was very surprised that the crowd was very mixed on Punk, actually seeming more pro-Cena. Triple H also got a nice pop.

Heat for wrestlers wasn't very strong it seemed, but Kevin Nash, Alberto Del Rio and The Miz received some good heat. Michael Cole got a lot of heat when he came out as well. Strangely, the crowd was very vanilla with heat for Vickie.

During one of the breaks Justin Roberts did a pointless "best sign" segment. The Ohio National Guard was also recognized, which is always a great thing (myself being an Iraqi War vet).

I stood in the merchandise line for almost a half hour getting my CM Punk shirt, and I noticed that a ton of people were walking away with CM Punk, Cena, and Zack Ryder t-Shirts. I know merch can drive pushes, so thought that little observation might be meaningful.

Found this on wrestlingworld.com...interesting that the crowd was cheering for Cena more than they were for punk. Also Randy Orton who is a Smackdown superstar appearing on Raw receiving the biggest pop of the night?...interesting !

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
I love the site and have been a subscriber for a long time now. Just wanted to send you notes from Raw, I was sitting 2nd row ringside right behind the Raw GM podium (which totally blocked my view from a lot of the matches, and will warrant a complaint to WWE):

After Raw went off the air, CM Punk came out and scared Ricardo Rodriguez into the ring, where John Cena and CM Punk messed with him before Cena gave him the AA, thus blowing off the advertised main event of a triple threat match between him, Punk, and ADR. Afterwards, Cena and Punk shook hands and celebrated. Punk was very cool in coming ringside, signing autographs and taking pictures with people, I've been attending wrestling events since the early 90s and the only big names I've ever seen do that are Big Show, Legion of Doom, and Rey Mysterio just to name a few. Very rare for me to see that at televised events.

Not sure how it came across on TV, but Randy Orton received the biggest pops by far. I was very surprised that the crowd was very mixed on Punk, actually seeming more pro-Cena. Triple H also got a nice pop.

Heat for wrestlers wasn't very strong it seemed, but Kevin Nash, Alberto Del Rio and The Miz received some good heat. Michael Cole got a lot of heat when he came out as well. Strangely, the crowd was very vanilla with heat for Vickie.

During one of the breaks Justin Roberts did a pointless "best sign" segment. The Ohio National Guard was also recognized, which is always a great thing (myself being an Iraqi War vet).

I stood in the merchandise line for almost a half hour getting my CM Punk shirt, and I noticed that a ton of people were walking away with CM Punk, Cena, and Zack Ryder t-Shirts. I know merch can drive pushes, so thought that little observation might be meaningful.

Found this on wrestlingworld.com...interesting that the crowd was cheering for Cena more than they were for punk. Also Randy Orton who is a Smackdown superstar appearing on Raw receiving the biggest pop of the night?...interesting !
I'm not surprised at all.
Orton got a pretty big pop on TV.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Ah, the in-house "Sign of the Night" is a Monday night delight! (And tradition by now, I guess.)

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
Punk is morphing into the anti cena where he gets similar reactions each week. You love or hate the guy really.

Good for Ryder that his merch is selling, he's a passionate guy and it vindicates all the work he's put in. I'm not really a fan but happy for him anyway.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

Not surprised at all ;). I heard it from my TV that Orton's Pop was Huge. He's Over and Fans Love em.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Raw had a largely positive crowd. They didn't boo all that much (other than the anti-Cena crowd trying to bust out the typical anti-Cena stuff). They even cheered Drew McIntyre rather loudly before, during, and after his dark match.

There were definitely a lot of people wearing Cena, Punk, Orton, and Ryder merchandise. Quite a few Miz shirts, as well, and some Miz armbands (take that, Cena).

The crowd loved to "WOO" Charles Robinson. At first I had no idea what they thought they were doing.
Kelly got a huge pop. It scared me a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts