Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Re: Live Event: Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe taking place tonight

I don't know what some of you were hoping for with a one-off house show match, of course it was going to be a repeat of their last match. Except this one probably had the benefit of a lot less of Joe's rest-hold deadly submission, so this one might've actually been better.
A title change like they should've already done would be nice.

This company needs to show Joe some fucking respect.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts

That attendance looks pretty bad.

Reactions: Ace

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

The match was not the main event but probably the match right before an intermission. I guess it makes sense not making the Universal Title main event a SD PPV when the WWE title will also be defended.

I mean, it's Jinder defendng the title, I guess they could have put Joe/Lesnar on the main event and no one would have complained

Reactions: Ace

·
24,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

I mean, it's Jinder defendng the title, I guess they could have put Joe/Lesnar on the main event and no one would have complained
Perhaps. I think the main event was Cena vs Rusev. Jinder was in a tag match with Ziggler against Orton and Nakamura.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

The match was not the main event but probably the match right before an intermission. I guess it makes sense not making the Universal Title main event a SD PPV when the WWE title will also be defended.

No, what would make sense is not defending the Raw title on a Smackdown show AT ALL.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts

They booked Lesnar presumably because they couldn't trust Jinder to draw. Which begs the question, if you can't trust him to draw then why is he holding the title in the very first place?

·
Registered
935 Posts

House shows are so weird to me with how dark the arena is. I went to a house show once way back when and never wanted to go again. It just felt so lifeless.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
lesnar is starting to piss me off abit, the guy is stealing a living and the recent news of him not wanting to plan things for the joe match is just another thing that only adds to the comments of him being lazy, when you are doing as little as brock has to, youd expect him to put in 100% every time the occasion calls for it.

I dont care much for his schedule, more power to him but when he does show up, I expect him to put some effort in, its always the same shit and this is wrestling, of course you have to plan your matches.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
I was under the impression Lesnar intentionally works short matches because his cardio sucks. Now, I'm convinced he's doing it on purpose so he doesn't get injured for his next UFC fight!

- Vic

21 - 40 of 41 Posts