Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you post, I'm talking about minor things, not big things...

I'll start.

1. How the ring announcer always says "Jeeoonnnnnn CEEEENAAAAAA"
2. How Cole always says "vintage".
3. How Evan Bourne always throws up the peace sign.
4. How the announcer always say "The Viper is coiled" or something similar. And on the same note, how Randy does the fist pounding the mat thing.
5. Jerry Lawlers face & voice.

·
Asuka
96,238 Posts
"Oh my God, we've NEVER seen this side of Randy Orton before! RANDY ORTON HAS SNAPPED!"

On the whole "Jeeoonnnnnn CEEEENAAAAAA" point, Tony Chimel's announcement of Edge as the Rated R SUUUUUUUUUUUPERSTAR! pisses me the fuck off.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
- Zack Ryder's catchphrase.
- Every John Cena segment, clothes/merchandise and matches.
- Daniel Bryan's face and look.
- Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton's voices.
- John Morrison's boring ass.
- CM Punk's fans.

etc etc.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The padding on the barricade that everyone trips on.

the ropes on RAW being white and not red

the lack of enthusiasm from the announcers, King, JR ect (although I can't really blame them)

Wrestlers with too many tattoos, It was fine for Taker considering his gimmicks. Punk gets a pass too I suppose because....well he's a "punk" or at least was/is sort of presented as one. On everyone else though it just looks douchey, almost like they're trying too hard to look cool.

When wrestlers don't wear knee pads.

The style of boot that Daniel Bryan, Justin Gabriel, CM Punk and a shit ton of others are wearing. Too me it seems like that style of boot is way overused these days.

How John Cena wears two of the same wrist bands on each wrist.

Those "fun facts" WWE puts on every time they go or come back from commercial. You know the ones... "Did you know! Smackdown has had the most viewers on all of cable TV for the past 5 years" or "Did you know! WWE has more Facebook followers than IBM, Mcdonalds, Walmart ect"

How the two top faces (Cena and Orton) both have the same short brown hair look.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
No Big muscular wrestlers like back n the day.
No real tag teams(just folks thrown together.
No facepaint....No clotheslines....No managers.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
The only thing I can think of right now is when the announcers talk about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the match that is being aired. The least they can do is give the guys in the ring the due they deserve and commentate on their match.

Also I hate how the commentators give away false endings by swearing there's no way the opponent can kick out... and of course he does.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Jerry Lawler’s man obsession over John Cena where he tries to make excuses for him and acts like no one don’t despise him, like half of the time when Cena erupts from backstage to the stage to a chorus of boos from the audience then you have Lawler screaming and moaning through the headset.

Lawler: “What an ovation for John Cena!!-These people are on their feet for John Cena!!”.

Lawler: “Some of the fans love him-some of them don’t like him but ALL respect John Cena”.

Dude. He is getting his merchandise and shit thrown back at him, how are you going to sit there and be in denial and won’t believe that some people just hate John Cena? It’s been 6 years now idiot get over it. lol

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
People bitching about Orton and Cena (To those people get a life)
Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler on commentary
WWE Fun Facts (I love WWE but it will never be there with the NBA, NFL & MLB in terms of popularty and ratings)
R-Truth saying I am a good R-Truth and his facial expression when he says it.
The faces Ricardo makes
When stone cold comes back its the same old crap stunner drink beer leave

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Don't know if this is big or minor, but everyone that goes for a swing in Cena's combo, FOR FUCK SAKE you can't seriously expect me to believe after this many years nobody is gonna realize that Cena is gonna duck when somebody goes for that swing? fpalm

·
Registered
604 Posts
Christian would. I quite enjoyed how he and Orton over time did the scouting that would lead them to evading known moves.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't know if this is big or minor, but everyone that goes for a swing in Cena's combo, FOR FUCK SAKE you can't seriously expect me to believe after this many years nobody is gonna realize that Cena is gonna duck when somebody goes for that swing? fpalm
LOL Never thought of that but now that you mention it, that IS pretty fucking lame.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
At PPVs when the challenger has the champion down for a count, just before the ref starts counting they say "we have a new champion" when they say that the person pinning never actually makes the 3 count.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
How anyone who isn't pushed is instead completely jobbed out for a while, then they're shocked when they're not over or expect everyone to get behind them when its their turn for a super push, even though they begin jobbing out again 2 months later.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
"Oh my God, we've NEVER seen this side of Randy Orton before! RANDY ORTON HAS SNAPPED!"

On the whole "Jeeoonnnnnn CEEEENAAAAAA" point, Tony Chimel's announcement of Edge as the Rated R SUUUUUUUUUUUPERSTAR! pisses me the fuck off.
I find myself agreeing on these. Also:

- Kofi Kingston's theme song
- Boreton's theme song and Boreton himself
- Hate the white ropes on RAW also. The red ropes are one of the little things that make ALL the difference and nostalgic feel of the whole production
- The fact Barrett is being under utilised for all his talent
- The fact Cena's always in the title picture

Will post more when they come to mind.

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
When the announcers are talking during a match and don't seem to be paying attention at all to the match. I could understand a bit if th ey are talking about a certain storyline a wrestler who is in the match is involved in, but if it Sheamus vs Sin Cara I don't want to hear about what HHH said or what Punk did ,CALL THE FUCKING MATCH.

I also hate when they say something like " This is a shocking episode of Raw" and it not really that shocking.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts