Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often hear people say "wwe doesn't listen to the fans" but is this even possible?

Everyone has different opinions and you can't make everyone happy

So how can they "listen to fans"

·
Registered
495 Posts
Generally this translates to "listen to me", thanks to the internet fans have developed and inflated sense of the importance of their opinions and how widespread it actually is, it's easy to think you're right in an echo chamber like the IWC, it's prevalent in a lot of fandoms really and other groups. The internet is a breeding ground for confirmation bias unfortunately, WWE could do with identifying audiences for its shows perhaps (i.e. RAW is for x, Smackdown is for y) but fans do trick themselves into believing they're speaking for a sizable majority.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Maybe if they had listened to the fans they'd still have some. At the moment wwe is dead in the water. Too late now.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
Maybe if they had listened to the fans they'd still have some. At the moment wwe is dead in the water. Too late now.

They hit record network subs for Wrestlemania 36, record online merch sales for 2nd quarter 2020, 50 billion YouTube views on their channel vast majority last 5 years.

Far from dead.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
They hit record network subs for Wrestlemania 36, record online merch sales for 2nd quarter 2020, 50 billion YouTube views on their channel vast majority last 5 years.

Far from dead.
I don't know one person who still watches wwe. I used to have ppv parties at my home. I couldn't convince a single person to come to one now. Wwe is in the dumpster..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Which fans?

No matter what they do there will be at least a few 100 who are not pleased

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yep, last time I watched there wasn't even anyone in the stands. They were trying to cover it up by having video screens in the seats with pictures of people watching.

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
Don't play dumb man. We all know Vince McMahon does what he wants. He never listens to the fans.

So why didn't Reigns win title at Wrestlemania 31. Why did Bryan win title at Wrestlemania 30 or Lynch win title at 35?

We were all told Vince wanted completely different outcomes..

·
rasslin
4,369 Posts
I think they usually listen to the fans.

Bryan at WM 30

Kofi, Rollins and Becky all at 35.

The problem is that after they listen to the fans they usually butcher the guys to the point where the fans dislike or are indifferent of the person they previously wanted to see win the big one.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,637 Posts
I bet he does but I also bet if he did you would still find reasons to complain anyway.

Listening to a broad audience is impossible because you are taking into account different wants and needs and there is never going to be a mutual opinion out there on every decision being made.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,914 Posts
WWE listens to the wrong fans. They overly cater to workrate smarks who hate everything about pro wrestling except the spotty ringwork.

It means they have no chance to appeal to a wider audience because casuals tune in see a bunch of nobodies who all look and wrestle the same with the charisma of a wet blanket and the mic skills of a dog turd and tune back out.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I often hear people say "wwe doesn't listen to the fans" but is this even possible?

Everyone has different opinions and you can't make everyone happy

So how can they "listen to fans"
So it would absolutely impossible to "listen to the fans" seeing that its a pool of different ideals..

But that doesnt make Vince McMahon's dictating the solution.. the wrestlers should have the freedom to decide amongst each other what to do with their characters, not some old fart telling them to make his entitled favorites look good!

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
WWE listens to the wrong fans. They overly cater to workrate smarks who hate everything about pro wrestling except the spotty ringwork.

It means they have no chance to appeal to a wider audience because casuals tune in see a bunch of nobodies who all look and wrestle the same with the charisma of a wet blanket and the mic skills of a dog turd and tune back out.
Combination of three.

Indy fans yes but also attitude era fans given how much HHH, undertaker, Goldberg, Rock have been on TV past decade and in big matches and fans that left to watch UFC with Lesnar, Rousey and Cain's pushes.

It's nearly impossible to entice old fans back certainly regularly. WWE instead should have spent time appealing to new fans especially kids which they have ignored for most part. Likely the iwc would hate it but hardcore fans hated Hogan and Cena back in day. Austin was over huge with kids especially teen males too.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,641 Posts
It's cliche at this point but "fans don't' know what they want" is more true than it is false.

You shouldn't try to actively piss paying fans off, which WWE has done on occasion, but any company that caters to fans all the time is doomed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts