Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah, bit bored here and had this thread idea for awhile, just not sure people would respond to it. But screw it, making it anyway.

So by let go it can mean let their contracts run out, or release them. Either way.

So um, I'd start with clearing out the dead wood of the womens division. So there goes Dana Brooke and I really really don't like Nia Jax so once her's contract up she's gone. Tamina can stay as a veteran jobber/low carder though.

I'd let go of Jinder, but the guy has momentum now and is doing well for himself with the title run. However, if he fades to irrelevance like Swagger in the coming years, he is getting the axe.

Of course Lesnar is leaving like it or not.

Cruiserweights can stay. They have problems, but talent ain't one of them.

Start really clearing out the NXT guys, who have been at the PC for years but haven't amounted to shit. Looking at you, Angelo Dawkins.

Mark Henry, retiring or not is gone by next year if not earlier. No use for him really now. Big Show, Goldust, Kane and R-Truth can stay for a year or two as I see value in them as veteran lower card acts BUT only as veteran lower card acts.

Hmm, thats it really. NXT roster is in general pretty stacked. 205 live have a good distribution of talent. And although I might disagree with who is being pushed on Raw or Smackdown, I can see that all of these guys have some value to the company. God knows how I did not like Corbin's win but it be stupid to let him go. Same goes to most of the active wrestlers right now on both brands.

Edit:Shit, forgot commentators.

JBL can go fuck of. Maybe Saxton. Rest is fine.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Dana Brooke, Nia Jax, Tamina, Mojo Rawley, Jinder Mahal, The Colons, Aaliyah, Angelo Dawkins, Hoho Lun, The Singh Brothers. The rest is either about to retire or good enough to serve a purpose on tv.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Nobody. The roster is thin as it is. Raw is basicly all mainevent guys. The only midcarder is Elias Sampson. Strowman and Joe have not been world champs maybe but they probably will at some point.

Same with the women. You got 6 women on both rosters. No way I would cut any of them.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
kane is likely gone now imo
big show is nearing the end
mark henry is nearing the end
brock is leaving
angle is basically done
goldust is likely nearing the end
cena is part time at most for the future
AJ likely only has a few years left

that eliminates them in the near future

I would simply get rid of the likes of curtis hawkins because they dont do anything with him, hes basically getting paid to do nothing.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Brock Lesnar, Jinder Mahal, Ambrose, Colons, Nakamura (his style will never work in the main roster. He's Puroresu all the way), Hawkins, Curtis Axel, Darren Young, Alicia Fox, JBL, Rowan, Ascension, Eva Marie,

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Don't think I'd have much of a roster left lol, I'd probably end up destroying the company

Mojo is definitely out regardless

I'll be fair though.. Others include Ohno, the Alistair guy, the Strong guy in NXT, Nakamura, Hawkins, Ellsworth, Tamina, Ryder, Sin Cara, 10 guy, Dana, Colons, Patrick Clark, Axel, Paige, Darren Young, R Truth, Balor & the Eggheads, Alicia Fox, her Scottish boyfriend, Kendrick, Aiden English, Singh Brothers, Rowan & Harper, Lesnar can piss off, Bryan can swan off to whatever bingo hall he wants, his health.. Ascension will get a fair crack of the whip & an ultimatum to get over in a year (cause I do still see some potential) or they're gone, Mike Bennett would be straight back out..the others I can at least use I guess.. Anounce team would probably be dismantled, get rid of Cole, JBL, Otunga, that moronic black dude on NXT & Byron..the rest can stay

HHH, Steph & Shane will be banned from TV

I'd dissolve the CW division & spread them across both to try & make up for the lost numbers :lol

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,365 Posts
Mojo
Jinder Mahal even though I like him.
Mark Henry
JBL
Michael Cole
David Otunga
The Big Show, sorry it is your time to go.
Kane, same as for Big Show.
Eric Rowan
Darren Young

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ok lets have a go! (not taking into account the brand split because I would merge the rosters)

My roster would cover both shows like the good old days and it will mostly consist of people who can get over and stay over. I would have 2 - 3 year stint average and you have 2 attempts at characters to get over (Bray Wyatt) If you don't? Then we let you go and you can work on the Indy's and the door will always be open for a potential return.

The only wrestlers I would keep are the ones who are over and seen as stars ( Cena / Orton / Styles / Nakamura etc ) would be the exception to the 2/3 year general rule. The reason for it is to keep matches fresh and the audience a break from over exposure of every wrestler.

I will list what my roster would be so everyone else would be let go:

Main Eventers

- Galloway
- Roode
- Nakamura
- Styles
- Reigns
- Strauman
- Cena (part time legend)
- Orton (part time legend)

Midcard

- Bray Wyatt
- Rusev
- Balor
- Ambrose
- Rollins
- Kevin Owens

Lowercard

- Tye Dillinger
- The Miz
- Neville
- Zack Ryder
- Sin Cara
- Jericho (part time)

Womens

- Bliss
- Becky Lynch
- Charlotte
- Sasha Banks
- Asuka
- Nikki Cross

Tag Team

American Alpha (the potential is there)
Broken Hardys
New Day
Uso's
Sheamus/Cesaro
Enzo and Cass
Breezedango
The Revival

I would keep NXT the way it is with most the people they have now. Maybe introduce more homegrown guys rather then indy vets.

This would be my core roster. The Main eventers would fight for the WHC. The midcarders would fight for IC title. The lower card would fight for USA title. I would bring in people for short stints to make my guys look good. This would also be the case for legends like Big Show and Kane. I would use NXT stars to replace anyone who is struggling after 1/2 years or anyone I don't feel adds enough to the show. I would let the wrestlers have more say on characters and promo's with the sink or swim attitude.

Any person can move up and down the roster and into new divisions depending on how they are doing. I would also allow up 1 down 1 division feuds. So people in the lower card could face the midcard or the midcard could face a main eventer. However I would allow tv matchups between main eventers v lower card but they would 90% of the time result in a squash match.

My commentators would be:

- JR - PPV's and special TV episodes
- Mauro Ranallo
- Corey Graves
- Paul Heyman

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Curious about this one, why exactly?
She is from the same class of Peyton and Billie, yet I haven't seen her improoving much in over 2 years on NXT, hell, he jobbed out to that girl Bianca for the Mae Young Classic, so I don't think they are high on her either. And with hotter and more talented girls incoming there isn't much place for her. She should probably try the indies and maybe go to Japan to improove, she is really young, so if she wants to stay in the business and improove that would be what I would do. I would have added Liv but at least she is hot af.

Apparently I forgot to add some names: Curt Hawkins, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Darren Young, all of them can fuck off as well.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah, bit bored here and had this thread idea for awhile, just not sure people would respond to it. But screw it, making it anyway.

So by let go it can mean let their contracts run out, or release them. Either way.

So um, I'd start with clearing out the dead wood of the womens division. So there goes Dana Brooke and I really really don't like Nia Jax so once her's contract up she's gone. Tamina can stay as a veteran jobber/low carder though.

I'd let go of Jinder, but the guy has momentum now and is doing well for himself with the title run. However, if he fades to irrelevance like Swagger in the coming years, he is getting the axe.

Of course Lesnar is leaving like it or not.

Cruiserweights can stay. They have problems, but talent ain't one of them.

Start really clearing out the NXT guys, who have been at the PC for years but haven't amounted to shit. Looking at you, Angelo Dawkins.

Mark Henry, retiring or not is gone by next year if not earlier. No use for him really now. Big Show, Goldust, Kane and R-Truth can stay for a year or two as I see value in them as veteran lower card acts BUT only as veteran lower card acts.

Hmm, thats it really. NXT roster is in general pretty stacked. 205 live have a good distribution of talent. And although I might disagree with who is being pushed on Raw or Smackdown, I can see that all of these guys have some value to the company. God knows how I did not like Corbin's win but it be stupid to let him go. Same goes to most of the active wrestlers right now on both brands.

Edit:Shit, forgot commentators.

JBL can go fuck of. Maybe Saxton. Rest is fine.
Take the people you like the most and take the people you hate the most. Get rid of anyone in the middle who you didn't mention.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.