Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Source: nodq.com

The current Diva-exclusive season of NXT — coupled with an ongoing recruitment drive by WWE officials to hire more models, which it can train as professional wrestlers — indicate that cuts will be made to the female roster in due time.

According to the UK based wrestling magazine, Power Slam, the list of females whose jobs are considered safe in the company is limited to Michelle McCool, Layla, Beth Phoenix, Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Melina, and "possibly" Natalya and Eve Torres.

Those not listed are considered expendable by officials.
I don't know if that magazine is a credible source or not, but why is Natalya in "possibly" category? I think she's in a safe position considering she's getting some kind of a push right now. I'm getting more worried about Melina to be honest.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Who does this list exclude, exactly? Aside from the Bellas, who are obviously useless, isn't that pretty much the whole diva roster?

I have to chuckle at Kelly being safe. Clearly there would be an uproar if the company mattress was released.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
of course Kellys job is safe, she gets the most reaction in the entire divas division. quite impressive too, considering she does nothing to warrant it EVER.

but i honestly couldn't care. they could fire every diva and it wouldn't change anything as far as im concerned. they're all pretty boring, or just can't wrestle, and even when they can wrestle (Natalya), they manage to bore the shit out of me in other facets.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I noticed Gail Kim wasn't on that list. This is the same reason she was let go the first time around in 2004 or 2005. The WWE was on a model hunt for the Diva's division.
They let go some talented and beautiful women like Nidia and Gail Kim. Molly
Holly retired because of this bs. This was when the Diva Search was introduced. I hate
the WWE for its treatment of some of its female wrestlers in the past and present (Serena,
Katie Lea, Gail Kim, Natalya, Victoria, etc.) Freaking Kaityln gets more air time
then all of those girls combined it seems.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Powerslam magazine is far from a reliable source! It's mainly a magazine of nothing but opinions and no actual facts. It's why I buy FSM now instead of it! Anyways I take these kind of things with a pinch of salt, after all everyone including that magazine said Mickie James' career was safe, and look what happened there!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I noticed Gail Kim wasn't on that list. This is the same reason she was let go the first time around in 2004 or 2005. The WWE was on a model hunt for the Diva's division.
They let go some talented and beautiful women like Nidia and Gail Kim. Molly
Holly retired because of this bs. This was when the Diva Search was introduced. I hate
the WWE for its treatment of some of its female wrestlers in the past and present (Serena,
Katie Lea, Gail Kim, Natalya, Victoria, etc.) Freaking Kaityln gets more air time
then all of those girls combined it seems.
Zomg Nidia. I remember her. I forget if she could wrestle or not...

I do remember thinking she was hot as hell though. Something about her.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Didn't see Alicia Fox, Rosa, Tiffany, Tamina, and Jillian on the list.
Jillian is FCW trainer now so i think she can be considered in safe position.

Powerslam magazine is far from a reliable source! It's mainly a magazine of nothing but opinions and no actual facts. It's why I buy FSM now instead of it! Anyways I take these kind of things with a pinch of salt, after all everyone including that magazine said Mickie James' career was safe, and look what happened there!
Oh well, i've never read the magazine because i don't think we get the magazine here so i don't know if it's a reliable source or not.

Oh, and don't forget when Maria won "Diva of the Year" Slammy Award 2009 and she was also a contestant in "Celebrity Apprentice" and look what happened to her. I think almost nobody is literally in safe position right now.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Didn't see Alicia Fox, Rosa, Tiffany, Tamina, and Jillian on the list.
is that really surprising? WWE has never given a shit about most of these people. the only one they've ever given relative amount of time to work with is Alicia Fox, and she botched enough moves for a lifetime and is actually probably the worst out of that list.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah your right. I guess we won't see her on TV anymore?? She gets twice the heat
Michelle McCool should get just by saying one sentence lmao.
Yeah i think she will no longer be on TV, she's "Finlay" of diva division right now, i guess. I'm actually really thankful she's off my screen because her singing is just horrible, lol.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah i think she will no longer be on TV, she's "Finlay" of diva division right now, i guess. I'm actually really thankful she's off my screen because her singing is just horrible, lol.
But that's the point of the gimmick. She is not suppose to be like Aguilera or Dion,
I was always cracking up when would burst out to song and dance lol. Also I heard
a rumor Jillian's gimmick is suppose to be based off of Hogan's daughter Brooke's
singing career lmao.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Can't really diss Jillian's gimmick, it was one of the most over of this generation of diva, also she's the only diva to get into the UK Download chart :lmao. This country will buy any old shite it seems.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
But that's the point of the gimmick. She is not suppose to be like Aguilera or Dion,
I was always cracking up when would burst out to song and dance lol. Also I heard
a rumor Jillian's gimmick is suppose to be based off of Hogan's daughter Brooke's
singing career lmao.
I dunno her song is a rip-off of a Britney Spears song.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
singing career lmao.
I know, i just can't stand her singing, i found it funny at times though. Besides, she's not that attractive and she's only utilized as a jobber all the time so it's not a big loss. Well, if that rumor is true, yeah she's done a perfect job. :lmao

·
Registered
582 Posts
is that really surprising? WWE has never given a shit about most of these people. the only one they've ever given relative amount of time to work with is Alicia Fox, and she botched enough moves for a lifetime and is actually probably the worst out of that list.
Alicia Fox is pretty solid imho. She may botch from time to time, but she is very
talented for a "new-comer." There's a reason they gave her the Diva's Championship.
I enjoy her matches with Gail Kim and Melina. She has good chemistry with them both.
She is fairly young too. Remember Trish Stratus and even Lita may have botched in the
past, or even wasn't the best of wrestlers starting out. Over time they got better. Alicia
Fox is good, especially for today's Diva's prospective. Don't hold it against her
because she botched a couple of times. I'm sure EVERY wrestler on the planet has botched
at least once in their career. Nobody's perfect.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
But Alicia isn't a newcomer, she was trained in OVW the same time as Beth Phoenix, Serena, Katie Lea etc. Alicia just pretty much stinks out the ring, and I seriously think she's gonna shatter a hip with that walk to the ring that she got.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I know, i just can't stand her singing, i found it funny at times though. Besides, she's not that attractive and she's only utilized as a jobber all the time so it's not a big loss. Well, if that rumor is true, yeah she's done a perfect job. :lmao
Lol yeah. At least she can call herself a Diva's Champion lol.

·
Registered
582 Posts
But Alicia isn't a newcomer, she was trained in OVW the same time as Beth Phoenix, Serena, Katie Lea etc. Alicia just pretty much stinks out the ring, and I seriously think she's gonna shatter a hip with that walk to the ring that she got.
Well I mean in a sense for the main roster. She debuted in 2009.
I'm aware she trained in OVW with Beth and all those others ladies.
She just may shatter a hip on the way to the ring, just
like Maryse will give herself whiplash with those hair flips

1 - 20 of 58 Posts