Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rock had such a powerful promo he almost created a larger than lifeness that no current star could even come close to being believable in winning over in a match. List who you could book in a match against Rock that could carry the same level and pull off a believable win over him.

My List:
HHH
Undertaker
Kane
Cena
Batista (technically not current, but close enough)

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Rock had such a powerful promo he almost created a larger than lifeness that no current star could even come close to being believable in winning over in a match. List who you could book in a match against Rock that could carry the same level and pull off a believable win over him.

My List:
HHH
Undertaker
Kane
Cena
:lmao Kane is no were near, credible enough to beat Rock now.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meh, I think he's still a huge enough star from back in the day that him pulling off a win would be believable. It's way more than Miz, Ziggler, Punk, Swagger, etc... could even come close.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
meh, I think he's still a huge enough star from back in the day that him pulling off a win would be believable. It's way more than Miz, Ziggler, Punk, Swagger, etc... could even come close.
Punk can beat Rock credibilty wise, but it won't be clean.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't get me wrong, Punk is useful for what he does as a heel for current superstars. But dude can't even hardly get Cena off his shoulders for a go to sleep that looks halfway impactful.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think that most upper-carders/main eventers could be seen as credible against the rock if the WWE were to play up the backstory that the Rock has been away from the ring for 7 years.That way, it would put into the fans minds that kayfabe-wise, the rock could have "rust" from being away for so long.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Punk is useful for what he does as a heel for current superstars. But dude can't even hardly get Cena off his shoulders for a go to sleep that looks halfway impactful.
Thats probably because Cena wasn't selling/making the move work properly.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How does Cena being literally to big for that move to look good = him not doing it right?

Anyways, back on topic.

I'd maybe add Jericho on there, just becuase Jericho's been around the Rock era and carries himself such a huge following. But it would be a stretch at a clean contest.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
How does Cena being literally to big for that move to look good = him not doing it right?

Anyways, back on topic.

I'd maybe add Jericho on there, just becuase Jericho's been around the Rock era and carries himself such a huge following. But it would be a stretch at a clean contest.
Punks done it on bigger guys and it looked good.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Only two people from the new generation who could pull off a believable match with The Rock. John Cena and Batista. One of them is retired.

Add in the old generation, then we can insert Triple H and Undertaker too. But they're opponents he's feuded with before.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
your kidding right?? lol :rolleyes:
No he is not kidding and so is 85% of the rest of the people on this forum will not be kidding when they say CM Punk is equal to The Rock.

Just like when people say Christian will be fighting for the World title at Mania, they are not kidding.

Just like they say Dolph Ziggler gets more heat then Vickie and has charisma, they are not kidding.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anyone in the upper to high mid-card divisions could do it! Why? The Rock is good enough to sell it.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

My List:
HHH
Undertaker
Kane
Cena
Remove Kane and add Edge.

Then that list is good.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts