Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it. Why do we have to wait 6 months after getting permits to get our liscense? Thats so stupid. If you meet the requirements of being 16, and passing the test, you should get your liscense.

Its really stupid that you have to wait 6 months even if you went to the stupid driving school. If I actually paid attention dont know enough about driving and what not...then that driving school isnt doing its job. If I have to get six more months of experience...then why go to the school? If I go to your school, you teach me, no one else, just you. Thats like going to school and then going home and learning more because that school didnt teach you enough.

Hey...stupid, idiotic, black and white laws. :cuss: :flip :cussin:

N

·
0 Posts
In Florida, at the age of 15, someone could get their restricted license (notice the correct spelling, right). Then, after one full year, he or she could take the driver's test to earn their full license, which would be at the age of 16.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ya, I failed the permit test so many times, but one day finally got it, true story. Anyway I hate that rule too I mean come on were all good drivers, right?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nitemare said:
In Florida, at the age of 15, someone could get their restricted license (notice the correct spelling, right). Then, after one full year, he or she could take the driver's test to earn their full license, which would be at the age of 16.
Times like this I wish I still lived in Florida...

And thanks for being my online spell checker. :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Texas...

·
Banned
540 Posts
i live in Australia and thats the rule to. get ur learners at 16 wait 16 months then u gotta do this 25 HOUR log book crap and the nwhen 17 u can go for ur p plates which means u get ur license and then u gotta be on ur p plates for 2 years. so i mean its sorta gay. i havent been bothered to get my license but i only turned 17 last month. i should do it soon tho....

:sex

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Here in Cali, you can get your driving permit at 15 and a half. You MUST have your permit for 6 months PLUS have driver's training. Then you can take your driving test and if you pass, you have your license. When your 16 - 17, you can't drive between the hours of 12AM to 6AM without a licensed adult and for the first 6 months, you can't drive with anyone under 21 without a person who is over 25 with a license. ya. They did that because of all the teen driver deaths.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
In england you can drive from 17 years old. You have to take a driving exam and a written exam/hazard perception exam, and once you've done that you get the license with no 6 month clauses or anything. You don't even have to take a single lesson.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
BabyBoy said:
Here in Cali, you can get your driving permit at 15 and a half. You MUST have your permit for 6 months PLUS have driver's training. Then you can take your driving test and if you pass, you have your license. When your 16 - 17, you can't drive between the hours of 12AM to 6AM without a licensed adult and for the first 6 months, you can't drive with anyone under 21 without a person who is over 25 with a license. ya. They did that because of all the teen driver deaths.
That's almost like Michigan's, except here you can get a permit at 14 and 9 months. Then instead of a time limit, you just need 50 hours of driving to take the second part. Once you pass that, you take a road test and you get your license.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
BreakdownV1 said:
In england you can drive from 17 years old. You have to take a driving exam and a written exam/hazard perception exam, and once you've done that you get the license with no 6 month clauses or anything. You don't even have to take a single lesson.
Must be why you all drive on the wrong side of the road.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
No use waiting till your 17 to drive just do it illegally. It's more fun anyway. :)

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
The Sinner said:
Must be why you all drive on the wrong side of the road.
Our exam is much harder than the US, to the extent that passing your license in the US doesn't mean shit here but passing in the UK means an automatic US licence.

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
Bored101 said:
Ya, I failed the permit test so many times, but one day finally got it, true story. Anyway I hate that rule too I mean come on were all good drivers, right?
You can say that again.... :mad:

·
Banned
540 Posts
BreakdownV1 said:
Our exam is much harder than the US, to the extent that passing your license in the US doesn't mean shit here but passing in the UK means an automatic US licence.
yeah Aus is like that. it has the same principals as in the UK...cos we got same Queen n sorta similar government...its bullcrap.

N

·
0 Posts
BreakdownV1 said:
That would be extremely stupid. Our laws are obviously different, and as you might have noticed in this thread, U.S. law varies state-to-state.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Each state has different requirements. The UK requirements are probably alot tougher than here in the US and I'd bet that licenced UK drivers would probably fare better on US roads because of it ,than any US driver would over there.
Personally I don't have a problem with the wait time, its really not that long of a wait, and you can never really have enough experience behind the wheel. A much larger problem however are the numbers of senior drivers who really should not be allowed to continue driving, especially when they can barely walk. just the other day, I had a woman in my store who was well past 70, could barely see the prices on the stuff she was buying or the total on the cash register which is quite a bit larger and in neon green, literally told me she left her glasses at home and then went out and got in her car and drove away!!!

A little off topic but fairly similar: I also have a problem with the fact that anyone who is of legal drinking age can be allowed to buy alcohol at like 8 am, be drunk by 830 and wipe out a schoool bus full of kids, and yet if I went a bought a very small amount of pot, I could be arrested on the spot. The amounts of accidents related to marijuana are far fewer than alcohol, yet its so totally illegal.

N

·
0 Posts
I agree about marijuana. Alcohol is easily the worst 'substance' when it comes to driving.
One Night Stand said:
Each state has different requirements. The UK requirements are probably alot tougher than here in the US and I'd bet that licenced UK drivers would probably fare better on US roads because of it ,than any US driver would over there.
They might would be true (though tests aren't the best source of experience; experience is the best source, which is why I understand America's way completely..besides, each driver is different, so it's hard to stereotype), but that doesn't change how different the laws are. Being the best driver won't help if you don't know the laws and have experience with those laws.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Nitemare said:
That would be extremely stupid. Our laws are obviously different, and as you might have noticed in this thread, U.S. law varies state-to-state.
Yeah I agree,even US licenses are accepted here for up to a year for "courtesy" time or some shit. I'd love to see an American on their first round-a-bout <3

I've heard a couple of things that don't make sense to me so I might've heard wrong. But one thing that troubled me was that apparently Americans passing their tests in an automatic car are licensed to drive a manual without passing in one. I mean, it's totally different and if you pass in an auto here, you can only drive autos.

N

·
0 Posts
BreakdownV1 said:
Yeah I agree,even US licenses are accepted here for up to a year for "courtesy" time or some shit. I'd love to see an American on their first round-a-bout <3

I've heard a couple of things that don't make sense to me so I might've heard wrong. But one thing that troubled me was that apparently Americans passing their tests in an automatic car are licensed to drive a manual without passing in one. I mean, it's totally different and if you pass in an auto here, you can only drive autos.
Yeah, I'm sure that's true. Chances are, however, someone isn't going to go driving a manual if they don't know how to shift.

A lot of idiots might try, though.

I've been driving my sister's manual lately.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts