Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was extremely bored the other day...and to prove that, I was watching the E! Channel. (Pretty sure that's the channel I saw this on...may have been VH-1)

Well, either or, it was commercial time, and what did I see? They're coming out with a Lisa Loeb reality show. (Yeah, you read that right!)

Here's the premise: You get to watch this one hit wonder from the mid-late 90's find herself a boyfriend. (Evidently you can be moderately famous and still get no dick!)

And now here's a few questions that racked my brain:

- Why? Why would people watch? Why would any executive green light it? Why is she even still alive? Why didn't I change the channel and not have to see the plug? WHY?!?!

- Is she really that desperate? I mean, I know she's a homely lookin thing, but c'mon. That crazy coot over @ e-harmony could've set her up. (And he'd even waive the $40 fee for the personality test. Not cuz she's known....but cuz that's what he does!)

- Has the day finaly come? Will reality shows finaly die out? If this show serves as a precursor, I'd have to say yes. I mean what's next? Life with Bronson Pinchot? Oh wait, we already had that via the Surreal Life. The Dabney Coleman Hour perhaps? (O.K., that'd I'd probably watch. For an episode or two anyway) I'm just thankful Andy Kaufman died when he did. Otherwise they'd have found a reality show to kill his career off.

Aight....your turn to bitch. :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So I was extremely bored the other day...and to prove that, I was watching the E! Channel. (Pretty sure that's the channel I saw this on...may have been VH-1)

And this helps your boredom?

Reality TV is on its arse (creatively), the only reason channels pump out show after mindless show is to get guaranteed ratings and money. In Blighty we have far too many of these shows, the worst being Celebrity Wrestling. I'm suprised the TV station wasn't sued for false advertising on two accounts.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...the THS of Richard Pryor was on. So it did. But then it was the THS: Rock Star Daughters. So my boredom commenced again.

·
Touch my ass if you're qualified
12,813 Posts
First of all who the Fuck is Lisa Loeb ?

Second of all E! is teh suckitude. They show that shit even here in Finland. No sense in that program and many advertisebreaks.

No for E!.

·
The Wrestling Femme
3,258 Posts
Lisa Loeb had some song in the '90s. I remember her name and I can picture her face, just can't remember the song.

E! Has the worst reality shows.. (taradise, filthy rich cattle drive.. you get the point)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I remember Lisa Loeb...she had that song...where she sung with a guitar about something...I distinctly remember her video had her standing in a room and walking around a bit too.

She's ok looking, not hot, not butt ugly.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the song was called "Stay". I tried finding a pic of her from the vid (as most would recognize her that way) but couldn't.

Just picture your average female beatnick with nerdy Buddy Holly glasses and you'll be spot on. :agree:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
i remember the vid, she was squatting down for a while like she was trying to drop a bomb on the floor.
i think i remember she was cute in it, wasnt she? maybe i am mistaken.

confession hour...i actually have that song on my computer. downloaded it for a friend.

the show sounds like any other...stupid but successful

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
True story: I once was standing next her at a show [of some band I tend to like], and didn't realize until someone told me.

Yeah, worse enough is, she is willing to sell out enough, to do that and keep some mild fame.

On a side note, E! really sucks. Yeah, lets watch a repeat of SNL from 2003! Sweet! Though, I did watch the THS of "Home Improvement" it rocked.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, thought we covered that already? ;)

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
Holy shit! Lisa Loeb is still alive?!? :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts