Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello now that Lionel Messi has said he wants to leave Barcelona on free transfer as there is clause in contract which allows him to leave for free at the end of every season otherwise there is €700,000,000 release clause.

So will he actually leave ? And where will he go if he does leave Barcelona ?

I look forward to the discussion.

Yours

Farhan

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,534 Posts
No. He wanted Bartomeu out, now that that's happened, Messi will shut up and stay. Backstage politicking and nothing more.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,270 Posts
No, he won't leave Barcelona. He just screams "one club man".

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
Its a power play to get rid of Barcas president, messi doesn't like him and i think it is reciprocated.

Fuck if City got him, id be one pissed man u fan, chelsea ffs are doing it right, whilst we just stand freakin still, if we paid that sack of shot to come from arsenal for 400K a week, messi is well wortj that and then some, if so, man u should go,for the best footballer in history, CRISTIANO RONALDO CR7 back at where he went to that next level, imcan dream, they both just get better like a fine wine from southern Italy.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
No. He wanted Bartomeu out, now that that's happened, Messi will shut up and stay. Backstage politicking and nothing more.
When did it happen?? I was just watching last night and it said as time of reporting the president was still there.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
No, he won't leave Barcelona. He just screams "one club man".
Hey dude, I hope so it would kill man u, tjey say one person doesn't make a team, which is true but messi is on wnother level to any player bar Cristiano Ronaldo.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,534 Posts
When did it happen?? I was just watching last night and it said as time of reporting the president was still there.
At the time I posted that, the consensus seemed to be that it was decided that Bartomeu would resign.

Still nothing official though, but I think Bartomeu resigning is far more realistic than Messi leaving Barca.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
At the time I posted that, the consensus seemed to be that it was decided that Bartomeu would resign.

Still nothing official though, but I think Bartomeu resigning is far more realistic than Messi leaving Barca.
I thought I was a bit to high but thanks for clearing it up, as I have just got new specs again, it's a power play by messi to force the boards hand, i mewn if he did im about to 2in some money as I just stuck £50 on earlier, it is well worth a punt.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I think he'll stay at Barca. It would legendary though if Messi went to City and they still got knocked out in the QF of the Champions League and get turned over at Anfield again finishing behind Liverpool in the league. Pep and the whole of Man City would be done.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Think he is gone. Nobody includes a clause to leave for free without an intention to leave if things goes awry. Barcelona keep hiring coaches that don't work well with him and signing players that play the same position as him instead of investing in other areas to shore up the team. Suspect the lack of supported with his tax fraud case a while back also factor into this now that his friends are either retired or being forced out of the club.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,534 Posts
Messi stays, though he sounds very bitter because of this.

Doesn't surprise me that he's staying, but kind of surprising that he didn't get Bartomeu to leave either. So it's a lose-lose for Messi.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello I think we will have to wait for the Barcelona presidential election and next summer to see if Messi is actually decided to leave. Also, it is possible he could talk to another team in January and go on a Bosman free or go for a reduced fee in January if he tells Barcelona I am going in the summer for free, if you want any money now or never.

With elections for Barcelona president in March 2021, the new presidents plan would have to Be a convincing one as the transfer window would be closed and not open until next summer. It would have to be a good plan.
However, the plan is all conjecture, as saying and doing are separate thing.

Like a lower league team owner telling the new potential manager we are brining in big name players and once the manager signs, he asks where the big name players and the owner says soon, the manager asks again soon, but it never happens.

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
It seems like the only reason he wouldn't leave is the break between the request and the start of the new season is too close together thus he can't get the legal things out of the way in time to prepare and start a new season at a new club.

Messi is definitely gone if Barto is not kicked out during the elections. This could be a blessing in disguise for Messi as this could just be a signal to richer clubs to prepare their finances to recruit him should he decide to leave next season on a free. His options of clubs will be much more than man city and PSG right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts