Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Remember how everyone was agitated when Austin walked out on the WWE?I found an article which features remarks of WWE management and superstars on this 'unprofessional' act of Austin.Personally I find Linda's and Undertaker's remarks more intriguing.
http://www.mikemooneyham.com/2002/06/29/bret-hart-recovering-from-stroke/
Linda Mcmhaon
Linda McMahon publicly acknowledged last week that Brock Lesnar will be taking the spot formerly occupied by Steve Austin. The WWE Chief Executive Officer, comparing her company to a football team putting in a new quarterback, reassured investors that “Stone Cold had a short-term impact, not a long-term impact,” and that ratings had not been affected by his absence.
She claimed ratings had fallen due to increased competition on television, citing shows such as “The Osbournes,” “Survivor” and “Spongebob Squarepants,” and alternatives like video games, which she said took a piece of the WWE’s demographic.
Undertaker
“More unexpected, however, was the reaction of longtime locker-room leader The Undertaker, who told the WWE Web site that his relationship with Austin never extended beyond a “working” one and that Austin had “squashed” any respect he might have had for him.I’m very disappointed in his decision. He let a lot of people down. You know, when you have the position of a Stone Cold Steve Austin or a Rock or an Undertaker or a Triple H, your decisions aren’t based solely on your personal interests. You have other families that you have to worry about, because you’re helping to feed other people’s families. And those people that helped you get to the point that you are, it’s your obligation to do the right thing for these people’s families. I don’t think that he was concerned about anybody other than Steve Austin. And that’s a shame because it took a lot of people to create Stone Cold Steve Austin. It wasn’t just him. It was the creative staff. It was all the wrestlers in the dressing room. And I think somewhere in the process he forgot that, and he put himself above everything else.”
Triple H
“The business will not stop because one person leaves,” said Triple H, who has become one of McMahon’s closest confidants as well as the boss’s daughter’s love interest, but has failed to be an effective draw since his return early this year. “Business will continue on no matter who leaves, no matter what happens. It’ll continue to be what it is, whether that’s good or bad …. The one thing is, I think most of our guys realize we’re fairly privileged. We get to do something most people would kill to do everyday of our lives. That’s pretty much an honor. It’s like Rock said in that promo – and that was pretty much the truth – the guys in our locker room are there because they want to be there; because that’s what they want to do. If somebody doesn’t want to be there, that’s fine. Move on.”
However Vince seemed to defend Austin.
Some have applauded Vince McMahon’s resolve to stand up to one of his two biggest stars.
This article once again points out the hypocrisy of the Mcmahon family.If a big star makes them loads of $$$$$,they will praise him as the greatest man to ever live on earth but sometime when in future they happen to have a disagreement with him they'll pretend as if he never existed.:hogan is the example.

·
Banned
483 Posts
Re: Linda Mcmahon-"Austin had a short term impact and not a long term impact"

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

This promo I guess he's talking about?

"It’s like Rock said in that promo – and that was pretty much the truth – the guys in our locker room are there because they want to be there; because that’s what they want to do. If somebody doesn’t want to be there, that’s fine. Move on.”

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts

She claimed ratings had fallen due to increased competition on television, citing shows such as “The Osbournes,” “Survivor” and “Spongebob Squarepants,” and alternatives like video games, which she said took a piece of the WWE’s demographic.
Spongebob was the downfall of wrestling, I knew it :banderas

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

If this thread is ment to be an Austin hate thread again im gonna report it.

·
Premium Member
18,221 Posts

This article once again points out the hypocrisy of the Mcmahon family.If a big star makes them loads of $$$$$,they will praise him as the greatest man to ever live on earth but sometime when in future they happen to have a disagreement with him they'll pretend as if he never existed.:hogan is the example.
Sooooo the McMahons are just like any other business people?

·
Registered
4,703 Posts

well no shit @ the thread title. Of course he only impacts the WWE when he is ACTUALLY WORKING there...

it was nice to read these reports though. Taker just keeps proving to me that he is the realest OG in the bizz. Kept it so 100 in his segment. Talking bout SCST taking away money from everyone else too. It's a real ass way of looking at it.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts

How seriously should we be taking statements made 11 years ago when emotions were still running high and before Austin returned quite a few times.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

Linda McMahon publicly acknowledged last week that Brock Lesnar will be taking the spot formerly occupied by Steve Austin. The WWE Chief Executive Officer, comparing her company to a football team putting in a new quarterback, reassured investors that “Stone Cold had a short-term impact, not a long-term impact”.

Good choice to fix that then, Linda.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts

How seriously should we be taking statements made 11 years ago when emotions were still running high and before Austin returned quite a few times.
Alot of people here are stuck in the attitude era. You think they get that people can actually change their opinions and live in 2013?

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

If somebody doesn’t want to be there, that’s fine. Move on.”
provided they don't mind being sued for breach of contract

Sooooo the McMahons are just like any other business people?

·
Banned
969 Posts

"Business will continue on no matter who leaves, no matter what happens."

Trips talking about what was best for business even back in 2002

:trips

·
Da Warthog!
3,275 Posts

Austin had a short term impact and not a long term impact
Just like Linda's political campaigns

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

When I think people who know the wrestling business, I think Lindha McMahon.

When I think people who will really give a shit what people say about him in this day, I don't think Stone Cold. He's got it made and knows how good he was/is.

·
Banned
730 Posts

When Steve Austin and The Rock bump into each other, do you think Steve Austin gets embarrassed when comparing movie careers? :lmao

·
Banned
14,118 Posts

No wonder Linda stopped working with the WWE :lmao

·
Registered
9,549 Posts

The fact that every top superstar, Linda, Vince etc etc went on the offense tells you how big of a blow this was to the company. This is like if Peyton Manning, Tom Brady went down tomorrow to a season ending injury. Yeah everyone's going to say we win as unit and next man up but deep down everyone knows they've been gutted.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts

I feel Stone Cold played a huge role in WWF regaining the lead in the Monday Night War. Yes, the business was thriving in 2000, which Austin missed most of. But Austin strongly contributed the wave of momentum that WWF had, and WCW wouldn't have stopped it, whether or not Austin had still been on WWF programming then.

Without Austin, WCW would have kept the lead and WWF going out of business seriously could have happened.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts