Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- The New York Times reports that Linda McMahon will officially announce her 2012 Senate bid in the next week. Linda spent $50 million of her own money on the failed 2010 campaign. Sources close to Linda’s campaign report that this time, she plans to raise money from private donors instead of depending strictly on her own money. One of the reasons Linda is taking this approach this time is because last year, she received criticism that she was using her wealth to buy a Senate seat. Linda has been interviewing people for her campaign and reaching out for support to top Republicans over the past few weeks. Someone close to Linda said, “The response has been strong.”

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's hard to predict what the political winds will be in 2012. But Connecticut is a deep blue state, and with a Presidential race along with it. Most who vote for Obama will also vote for the Dem nominee for Senate. They pretty much run as a one way ticket.

She should have ran as an independent. I think she is too liberal on social issues to be a Republican and too pro rich to be a Democrat. She's basically a liberal-moderate Republican. Hell she will be replacing an Independent anyway.

But if she wins.. WWE will indeed have some changes.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Although, of course, for Linda to win it would first require her to actually have some level of personality. She cant sound convincing in a 3 minute promo on WWE, how is she ever going to convince a political rally?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
For what it's worth, the disapproval rating for republicans was the highest in Connecticut out of all states with a 60 percent strongly dissatisfied and 23 percent dissatisfied. Running is basically going to be a huge waste of money particularly if Perry comes away with the nomination.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
It's hard to predict what the political winds will be in 2012. But Connecticut is a deep blue state, and with a Presidential race along with it. Most who vote for Obama will also vote for the Dem nominee for Senate. They pretty much run as a one way ticket.

She should have ran as an independent. I think she is too liberal on social issues to be a Republican and too pro rich to be a Democrat. She's basically a liberal-moderate Republican. Hell she will be replacing an Independent anyway.

But if she wins.. WWE will indeed have some changes.
I agree with all of this. There is no way in hell Linda will in that state under the party she is under

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Does she actually believe there's any chance whatsoever that she could ever become a senator anywhere? Or is she just bored as fuck?

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
- The New York Times reports that Linda McMahon will officially announce her 2012 Senate bid in the next week. Linda spent $50 million of her own money on the failed 2010 campaign. Sources close to Linda’s campaign report that this time, she plans to raise money from private donors instead of depending strictly on her own money. One of the reasons Linda is taking this approach this time is because last year, she received criticism that she was using her wealth to buy a Senate seat. Linda has been interviewing people for her campaign and reaching out for support to top Republicans over the past few weeks. Someone close to Linda said, “The response has been strong.”

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
why does she want to be senator...no one is going to vote for her anyway.

wtf i might stop watching if the show is bad i dont want to watch 2009 again

1 - 20 of 43 Posts