Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I stumbled on something from a website a little while ago. Thought some people here might find it noteworthy, if what Triple H is saying is accurate. There is a possibility that he's trying to set lowered expectations for his return by saying he still has a couple more months to go in rehabilitation, kind of like Cena's return at the Royal Rumble a few years back. But this doesn't feel like that, since Triple H has utterly vanished from the product since late April aside from the occasional reference from Sheamus or even Cena in saying his name the other night. Doesn't sound like we'll be seeing Triple H until late January or so. Let the Royal Rumble rumors commence.

Also: if this is the case, then I can definitely see them holding off on Triple H vs. Sheamus, This Time it's Personal Because You Kicked My Face into Hamburger, until Wrestlemania. The timing would be perfect for that. Perhaps Sheamus evens the Wrestlemania Triple H match scorecard up?

Anyway, here's what was said:

http://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/artic...e_full_time_michaels_talks_wwe_return/3614485

- In an interview with Atlanta.SBNation.com, DX duo Shawn Michaels and Triple H were asked about their WWE futures. Triple H was asked about his in-ring return and had the following to say: “Yeah. Got another couple months rehab-wise. I don’t know how regularly I’ll be back. We made a pact that if one of us didn’t recognize it’s time to quit, we’d tell the other one it’s time. It’s a young man’s business, and I’m cool with that. I have fun working with the other side of the business, and I don’t kill animals or follow sports.” Michaels had the following to add: “Once you kill something, you’ll be hooked. No, I miss the creative process, and eventually I’m sure I’ll get tired of taking life in the woods.”

Also, if this story has already been reported, my apologies to the mods as I did search for it but found nothing. This can be thrown into a thread already on this matter if necessary.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The Royal Rumble? Really? I don't think he will be out that long. As a matter of fact, this King of the Ring tournament looks like it could be setting up his return. Sheamus' promo referring to the word king several times and how the crown would look great on his head just screams Triple H coming out of nowhere and costing Sheamus the crown. I mean after all, he is the king... The King of Kings.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah i wouldn't mind him winning the RR. I heard he does a great job backstage and people were positive about it. So not too much HHH is okay. They can use him as sort of a legend you know , where there is a guy saying he won it all and blablablablabla and then comes out the kings of kings et voila , Crowds go insane and we are glad to see HHH two or three times a year.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Calling it: Trips to at least appear late in the Rumble and get down to final two.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Storyline wise i would like to see John Morrison come out and cost Sheamus winning The King of the Ring tournament in the final against Alberto Del Rio which would lead to a match at the TLC PPV between John Morrison and Sheamus, i would then like to see Sheamus completely destroy John Morrison after the match which would then see Triple H return. This way we wouldn't see a match between Triple H and Sheamus yet and they could continue the feud in the Royal Rumble match with a double elimination and then also eliminate each other in The Elimination Chamber match a month or so later as well.

This would then allow them to finally have their one on one match at WrestleMania 27 in some king of gimmick match and will also make sure that Sheamus wouldn't just be buried by Triple H upon his return like everyone usually is when he has been out for a while. This way Sheamus will continue to look strong through until WrestleMania because he would have been properly defeated by Triple H and the feud can be built up properly again so that by the time WrestleMania rolls around the feud could be hot again and also it takes any chance of Triple H main eventing WrestleMania away as well.

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts
At this point in time I would rather see Hunter return as the "bigger picture" leader of Nexus and have Jericho make his return and win RR.

And HBK will stay retired because he has honour and isn't a sell out douche....WOOOOOOO!

·
The Man Comes Around
8,496 Posts
And HBK will stay retired because he has honour and isn't a sell out douche....WOOOOOOO!
i could never take a shot at Flair even if he looks just plain ridiculous in TNA.

Flair can't just sit home and watching tv, wrestling is his life and he would probably die in the ring some day.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
@^: Then I guess he shouldn't have declared himself retired, huh?

HBK has said in a couple of interviews then he definetely sees himself in the WWE again in the future, but he doesn't want to wrestle anymore. He makes for a pretty good authority figure so maybe something like that.

Same thing for HHH, there's been a few reports I've seen of him coming back before he's completely healed just to get him on screen sooner, no wrestling or anything.
I think this is where most the 'HHH mastermind of Nexus' theories came from.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
If I put Shawn Michaels' word against a talking squirrel's word, I would choose the talking squirrel.

BTW: I really hope this is report is wrong and HHH NEVER comes back. Since he's been gone we had Nexus, Miz winning the title, the best Raw in 2 years (old school Raw), and other elevated. Sounds like things are better without him.

And to "Fact", I love that everyone is now like "Triple H has been doing a great job backstage" when he only ran ONE show. If you do a job for one day and do a good job but don't do it again, how can you say that that person will be great all the time? you have to have a couple of days.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
Yeah i wouldn't mind him winning the RR. I heard he does a great job backstage and people were positive about it. So not too much HHH is okay. They can use him as sort of a legend you know , where there is a guy saying he won it all and blablablablabla and then comes out the kings of kings et voila , Crowds go insane and we are glad to see HHH two or three times a year.
Yeah, he should work for only a few months of the year like Undertaker and Sting, he's to the point where he's done everything, and as he said it's a youmg man's game so there's not much point in him wrestling full time anymore, but I'd still like to him have one run every year for about 3-4 months and spend the rest of the time working backstage.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Think Royal Rumble is a fairly realistic time for HHH to come back now. Although I am hoping for something other than the big, already established star surprisingly return to win another place on WM main event! Plenty of young, raw talent right now who I would prefer to see win the Rumble ahead of HHH or any other planned returning star.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I have no problem with Triple H returning at the 'Rumble, as long as he doesn't win the 'Rumble.

·
19,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^

I can now foresee Sheamus dominating a huge chunk of the Royal Rumble match, becoming smug and confident with each elimination. Cue Triple H's theme, and he just goes after Sheamus, probably eliminating himself in the process, and beating him up all over the arena.

Guess we'll probably be getting a Wrestlemania rematch from last year with Sheamus vs. Triple H. I'm okay with that, and I'm rather certain that this time Triple H will be the one coming up short in the final seconds should that take place.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
The only thing I want out of Triple H is him putting Barrett over. After that, he should hang 'em up.

He's at the point where he's getting injured while injured, and he's recognized that he's near the end. He's already moved into an office position to prepare for it, so he might as well just do one last deed and leave his legacy where it is while its still intact.

Sheamus has much better things to do. Like facing The Undertaker.

·
19,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I'd love to see Triple H vs. Barrett, and the floated "changing of the guard"/"passing of the torch" scenario/storyline had a lot of appeal to me, but at this point it's looking like Nexus is going all the way to Wrestlemania, and it really is Cena's storyline, not Undertaker's, and not Triple H's. Not sure where this leaves Taker but as of now it's looking like we may be getting Cena/Barrett, Orton/Miz and Triple H/Sheamus. Unless WWE becomes impatient with its own angles for no particularly good reason.

I honestly don't mind any of the potential match-ups we're discussing for Wrestlemania, though. Although I do think it'd be highly questionable to blow off the entire Cena/Nexus angle before Wrestlemania at this point. And then there's guys like Jericho, Edge and others, and I have no idea what is being planned for them, if anything. Oh well, at least many things are remaining unpredictable as of now.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Sheamus has much better things to do. Like facing The Undertaker.
I don't see Sheamus getting Undertaker. If Undertaker makes it, it seems him vs Barrett is 99% confirmed. It wouldn't make much sense if it doesn't happen after what happened at Bragging Rights.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Triple H taking over Nexus would suck. Triple H winning the Rumble would suck. Anything else is fine by me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts