Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear sir/madam,
My name is Matt, i am 16 years old and a resident of Burlington. I am a keen music fan and was wondering about the possibility of another music store in the Milcroft, Guelph line area, with a wider range of CDs availabale in this area? For example, a HMV, Sunrise Records or Music World?
This is due to the fact that the kind of CDs i want (metal, punk etc) are for some reason, not allowed to be stockd in the stores near here (Zellers and Wal-mart). As a teenager, i therefore find it difficult to be able to enjoy the music i love due to Zellers and Wal-mart not stocking these kind of CDs, and the only stores which do actually stock them are too far away and i am then unable to afford the journey there and back.

Thankyou in advance for reading,

Yours sincerely,
I dunno what else to put or how to make it sound "professional" help..lol

I want my voice heard! hehe

B

·
0 Posts
First, you start off "To whom it may concern:". You then voice your opinion, but to teenager with bad grammar and shit, they wouldn't even listen. They may think that the music is messing with your head.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true, i suck at it i know. so how about this? And if you wish you can edit it to sound better. i would some how want "Collecting music is one of my favorite hobbys" in it some where..

"To whom it may concern

Dear sir/madam,
My name is Matt, i am 16 years old and a resident of Burlington. I am a keen music fan and was wondering about the possibility of another music store in the Milcroft, Guelph line area, with a wider range of CDs availabale in this area? For example, a HMV, Sunrise Records or Music World?
This is due to the fact that the kind of CDs i want (metal, punk etc) are for some reason, not allowed to be stockd in the stores near here (Zellers and Wal-mart). As a teenager, i therefore find it difficult to be able to enjoy the music i love due to Zellers and Wal-mart not stocking these kind of CDs, and the only stores which do actually stock them are too far away and i am then unable to afford the journey there and back.

Thankyou in advance for reading,

Yours sincerely"

B

·
0 Posts
To Whom It May Concern:

Listening to music is one of my favorite hobbies. It keeps me out of trouble, and it relaxes me. The thing is, I find it hard to find the kind of music at *Your Local store*. I think it would be better to have a variety of music there. Stores around here do not have a variety of music to choose from. The loacl stores go for what they want to shelf. They do not want to shelf what we want. I think it would be in the best interest of the customers and the store to shelf *kind of music here* music. You will be pleased by the uproar in sales if you do.

Sincerely,
*Whatever you want here*

-----------------------------------------------

It's a cheap short one, but heh, it will get them to listen. I didn't put anything to support my argument, but you should get the idea.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thats good.but Zellers An Wal-Mart cant sell any metal music its one of their rules. but is this 1 good enough prob?

To whom it may concern,

My name is Matt, i am 16 years old and a resident of Burlington. I am a keen music fan and listening to music is one of my favorite hobbies. It keeps me out of trouble, and it relaxes me. And i was wondering about the possibility of another music store in the Milcroft, Guelph line area, with a wider range of CDs availabale in this area? For example, a HMV, Sunrise Records or Music World?

Thankyou in advance for reading

Yours sincerely,

if not you are welcome to change parts because that has like mosrlt everytihng i need.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
What the hell? Your city isn't concerned with putting in a new business or it shouldn't. if you want a new shop, send that letter to a music company and explain to them their is a good spot of business open and they can make a lot of money.

That is what you should do.

B

·
0 Posts
Goatnce said in post #6 :
Thats good.but Zellers An Wal-Mart cant sell any metal music its one of their rules. but is this 1 good enough prob?

To whom it may concern,

My name is Matt, i am 16 years old and a resident of Burlington. I am a keen music fan and listening to music is one of my favorite hobbies. It keeps me out of trouble, and it relaxes me. And i was wondering about the possibility of another music store in the Milcroft, Guelph line area, with a wider range of CDs availabale in this area? For example, a HMV, Sunrise Records or Music World?

Thankyou in advance for reading

Yours sincerely,

if not you are welcome to change parts because that has like mosrlt everytihng i need.
You never put a comma in a business letter.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Goatnce, Lime Ridge Mall has both an HMV and Music World, if you're willing to drive there you can pick up the music you're looking for there.

If not that, check out Eastgate, Mapleview or Centre Mall.

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,312 Posts
Matt Jericho? Sup d00d.

Yeah, firstly if you want this to get noticed you need to phone and ask who is in charge of this kind of thing. Then address it to that person. Letters with 'dear sir/madam' or 'to whom it may concern' often get thrown away etc..

Other than that just make sure it looks professional with no mistakes or errors and thats about it.

Chainsaw.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chainy said in post #11 :
Matt Jericho? Sup d00d.
hey man. Havent seen you in a while eh?

And D-MAN Burlington has good music stores but they are not close to me.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chainy said in post #15 :

Yeah, i got banned from GCW too lol. U still a crazy motherfucka?
That part of me is kinda gone. Same with wrestling i am mostly working with my band at the moment. But there is the odd wild side lol. :p why did you get banned?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You should really be writing to the music store retailer rather than your council like Angel said.

I don't know the Burlington area but it seems there are HMV's in neighbouring areas and therefore building one in your area wouldn't be profitable for the company.

Sorry bud looks like you'll have to drive because the small man won't win in this case. It also comes back to the fact that if you so badly wanted those new cd's, you would make the effort to travel to the nearest HMV, regardless of the cost to get there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah i know i went and got them today but i dont like spening the time on the bus or somthing just to get to the mall.

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,312 Posts
Goatnce said in post #16 :

That part of me is kinda gone. Same with wrestling i am mostly working with my band at the moment. But there is the odd wild side lol. :p why did you get banned?
Brutals burger making ass couldnt handle me. Was you around when he posted a pic of himself? Its hillarous, i'll try and dig it up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chainy said in post #19 :

Brutals burger making ass couldnt handle me. Was you around when he posted a pic of himself? Its hillarous, i'll try and dig it up.
No i wasent afetr that GCW VS AXWA thingy i dunno if i spelt it right i never came back i just went back to WEWFHF because it re-opened and that only lasted about 4 months. Anyway Yeah get the picture of him iv always wanted to see what the person who bashed me looks like. haha I am guessing Eather bald or clean cut, Kind of tall and chubby.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts